Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress
"

The third chapter of Red Dawn #TRIGGERWARNING Blood! lots of blood, gore! too

"

Chapter 3


THUMP!


The orange hits the grass and basks in the light of the sun. Felix lowers his hand gun and fights the erg to let out a cry. Laying amongst the fallen oranges was the sight of a young girl. Probably not much younger than 12, the girl had long brown hair that laid down her back and over the grass. She wore a blue summer dress " that probably was quick pretty -, now tarnished with blood and torn in all places.

Felix looks over at Milly and Tommy who both refused to look at the girl.


They had been collecting oranges from the orchard when all of a sudden the girl had attacked them. She had been feasting on the corpse of " probably " the farmer. Blinking away the stinging tears Felix grabs the bag that they had dropped in their hurry to defend themselves and threw some of the oranges into it. Its weight increased with each orange, before he zipped it up and pulled it over his shoulder and went back to the car.


He opened the passenger back door and threw the bag next to the chains and slammed the door shut. Noticing the lack of movement from the other two, he went back to the stop with the dead girl. Looking down at her Felix kneels down and pushes her hair from her face: he recoil’s. Bug’s ran over her skin and worms crawled over her eyes.


Grabbing the back of her head " avoiding the hole now present -, he faces it down into the grass softly " watching the bugs crawl onto the grass. He stands and looks around at the orange trees. He pulls at the branches and when they snap he throws them into a pile. Noticing Tommy and Milly still over by the car, Felix yells out to them:


“At least peel the oranges.” He states looking over at them. He notices Milly open the door and pull out the bag " that’s what he believed she grabbed " and sit down on the opposite side of the car to him. Tommy sits down with her.


Pulling off a few more of the branches, Felix buries the body underneath them before going over to Tommy and Milly. Around the two was hundreds of orange peels " under their feet and in-between them.


Grabbing the bag from Milly’s side " she doesn’t even flinch as she continues to peel her orange " he searches through it for a certain item: A lighter. Tommy eats one of the orange slices when Felix finally drops the bag and goes back over to the stick pile " and body.


Burning the body left no odour, all it left was the sound of bones snapping. Flakes flicked the grass strands and embedded themselves throughout the surrounding area. The flames licked up the dying flesh and crunched on the wood’s bark.


The smell of burning wood was not comforting this time round for Felix. Death had occurred and was now burning away with the flames into the wind. He rested his hand over the grass and felt the shards softly nest against his palm. The grass crunched under the weight of Milly’s and Tommy’s boots as they joined Felix by the burning red flames.


Tommy held out the bright orange to Felix, and he took it in his hand and held it. The fire cracked as it finished its meal and calmed down till it was just hovering over the wood, waiting to continue its feast. Leaning her head on Felix’s shoulder Milly closed her eyes and listened to the cracking of flames.


Tommy let out a breath that he’d been holding without realising and relaxed his shoulders. The Heat from the flames felt good on that cold night…


“I just don’t get how you two can kill with such murderous content?” Tommy states


“You should already know. Seeing as we’ve been together for the last 8 or so years.” Milly states in her always cold tone. Somehow Felix had convinced her to switch with him and she was now sitting in the front seat with an extremely scary look over her face " obviously not too impressed with the front seat. Felix on the other hand was fast asleep in the back seat. He laid over the seat like it was a bed " he’s legs hanging off though -, He’d even gone and kicked off the chain and bag for the extra comfort.


The wind that blew through the car was hot and humid, but since the air-con was long and broken it was better than nothing. Milly leaned her head back against the head rest of the chair and let the breeze hit against her face. They were miles away from the burned orange field, but the flames eating away at the body stay stuck in her mind " even if she couldn’t even look at the body.


Both she and Tommy knew it was unfair to put it all on Felix to eliminate the body in that manner but he was the only one who could look at someone so young and destroy the body without even hesitating. It was still a mystery to her how he could even sleep afterwards. But that’s why she found it so important that she did whatever she could to help.


Her head fell to the side as she watched the grass run by. There were trees and rocks throughout the land, but it all just seemed: dead. She turns towards Tommy and looks at him as he drives the car " he catches a glance of her watching him from the corner of his eye.


“Where are we headed?” She asks with a monotone voice as her face presses into the headrest.


“Anywhere with civilisation.” He answers just as monotone as her.


Milly pulls her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them hugging them to her chest as she goes back to looking out the window. While looking out at the rock formations a thought come to her mind. She puts her feet down and turn to the back seat and while avoiding Felix’s legs she grabs the bag that laid abused on the floor of the car. Pulling it to the front she places it on her knees and starts to dig through it.


Pulling out two oranges she shuffles things around inside the bag before coming out with a large canteen bottle. 

Opening the lid she looks inside, being too dark to see inside she instead splashes it around a bit and hears the hollow sound that it makes as it hits against the sides. Screwing the lid back on she drops the bag and canteen on the floor between her feet and grabs her own canteen " that was much small " and splashes it around as well and hearing the somewhat hollow sound again.


“We need some more water.” Milly states looking over her canteen.


“Where do you plan to get that?” Tommy questions. Keeping his eyes always on the road.


“Before we run out” Milly says " though she knew that wasn’t much of an answer she didn’t care.


Tommy just sighs and asks for her to peel an orange for him. When she was done she holds out the slices knowing full well that he can’t hold them while diving. Tommy grabs two from her hand and eats one while controlling the steering wheel with only one hand and his knee.


Hearing the sound of shuffling, they both notice Felix turn to face the back of the car while still in his sleep. It was a surprise to them both that he could sleep so long " even if they had been together for so long. But remembering the fact that he did have watch last night made it more realistic as to why he was still asleep and as much as Milly loved sitting in the back she didn’t want to take away the chance of Felix actually getting a good nights " or days " rest.


Plaiting her hair over her shoulder Milly sat crossed legged on the front seat, her boredom becoming contagious as Tommy yawns from the lack for entertainment. With no radio or sound beside the wind splitting through the car and the outside, Milly and Tommy were becoming extremely bored.


Tommy’s eyelids weighed heavily his eyes and he could feel them falling slowly before he blinked them open again. Even after a whole nights rest, he never actually got any sleep. His eyes dropped again and if felt as if it was impossible to open them again. Suddenly Milly’s hand was on his shoulder and shaking him awake.


He awoke with a start and looked at Milly, Her eyes were wide and blood was dripping from her head and hairline. He saw her lips move but no sound came out; his ears rang. Then he felt it: the blood dripping down his face and onto his clothes.


He swallowed and shakily lifted his hand to his head and felt the warm red blood over his forehead. Tommy looked over at his chest and took in the sight of the airbag that had hit him: he left out a large shakily breathe before looking out the window: They had crashed into a tree.


Milly let go of her breathe and grabbed Tommy’s chair and turned to look at Felix. He was shaken but he was awake and well - a few scratches over his skin and blood staining his clothes. His hand had blood over it however and was shaking terribly as he held it over the arm rest on the door.


Milly notices from the corner of her eye, the movement of Tommy as he opened the door and stepped out "none of them had been wearing seat belts " he limped as he walking over to look over the car: it was completely totaled.


Milly steadily got out of the car " grabbing the bag and throwing it out as she went " and stood on her feet, testing her weight on both legs to make sure nothing was broken. She heard Felix’s door clip open and watched as he got out as well, he was holding his hand out of the way to ensure it didn’t get knocked.


“The car’s done for.” Tommy said from his spot as he over looks it.


She want to say something, but she just wasn’t able to find the voice to say it. She could feel that Tommy was feeling responsible for the crash, but it was his fault that the earth was taken over by man eating zombies and that it was just about impossible to get a full nights rest. But still… She didn’t know how to put this into words to comfort him.


“….. Doesn’t matter. We’ll walk.” Felix spoke out. His hand was shaking horribly but that didn’t stop him from grabbing the bag and throwing it over his shoulder and walking towards the trees.


“We need to burn these clothes and clean ourselves off.” He said as he continued to walk off into the dry forest.


Milly held her bicep and followed after, signalling Tommy to come as well. He followed in silence behind the two. Then he spoke:


“What if we run into a muncher?” Tommy asked, as he caught up to Milly and Felix.


“We shot ‘em”



© 2016 PenguinEmpiress


Author's Note

PenguinEmpiress
Yah!!! third chapter done!! I haven't done a edit yet, so there may be a few mistakes. I'll have a look later.
Please Comment, Please!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I finished the third chapter. One more to go then I will be harassing you to get the next one up. XD Omg my heart literally started racing when they had the crash I was fearing that you were going to be the most cruel writer and kill off one of your character's but no thank God you didn't and you better not further down the track or I will physically hurt you. XD

Posted 7 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

it did not! it was close to it!
KittyKatgirl

7 Years Ago

Well close enough it still almost made you cry. :P
PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

teary eyed!! no tears though!!!
thE CRASH ARE THEY OKAY?! MY POOR BABIES. Beautiful writing, Maddy! My poor heart
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THEM

Posted 7 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

BHAHAHA THEY SHALL BE EATEN!! nah, i wont do that. But things are about to get a bit crazier, no mor.. read more
heylel

7 Years Ago

D: I WILL NEVER BE READY

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

284 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2016
Last Updated on June 7, 2016
Tags: Blood, Gore


Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress