Human

Human

A Story by ღCloveღ
"

A Gavroche x Éponine Songfic based on the song 'Human' by Christina Perry (No, they aren't in love. That would be creepy)

"
I can hold my breath
Éponine watched Marius and Cosette slowly fall in love. She knew both of them personally, but never said a word. That was her life. She lived in silence. That was all she could take.

I can bite my tounge
Gavroche watched his sister stand there, watching the boy she loved fall in love with another girl. He knew that it broke her heart. But he didn't want to upset her, so he didn't make a sound.

I can stay awake for days, if that's what you want
Éponine sighed as she made her way to the abandoned Parisian streets as it began to rain. She fell into a daydream, only to be yanked out of it by the realization that it could never be. Marius loved Cosette. It was another late night, and it was beginning to rain. Éponine heard footsteps and turned to see Gavroche. He smiled at her and ran to embrace her.

Be your Number One
Gavroche's hugged his older sister and didn't let go for another minute. "Hey, 'ponine" he said, happily. He knew that he would do anything to make her happy. He had just gotten her back, and he didn't want to loose her.

I can fake a smile
Éponine smiled at Gavroche. He smiled back, but his was real, Éponine could tell. "Hey, 'Roche" she said. It was his least favorite nickname, but she liked to mess with him.

I can force a laugh
Gavroche grinned at her. She had no idea of the pain he felt inside. The hunger that constantly nagged at his stomach. The emotional scars from the abuse he went through in his childhood. The constant fear of loosing the ones he loved. Nonetheless, he laughed.

I can dance and play the part, if that's what you ask
Éponine sighed and took her brother's hand. "Let's go back" she said, leading him to the ABC Cafe. She joined with them in planning the fight. Though the fierceness in her voice, the fire in her eyes, were both an act.

Give you all I am
Gavroche held his sister's hand and reached out for Courfeyrac's. He was quiet for the most part, but gave his ideas when they were needed.

I can do it
Éponine smiled at Gavroche. He was her little brother, and she would do anything for him.

I can do it
Gavroche returned Eponine's smile and squeezed her hand. He remembered the tears rolling down her face when their parents kicked him out of the house.

I can do it
Éponine was hurting on the inside, but she did her best to make sure her brother didn't have to feel her pain.

But I'm only human
Soon, they were dismissed and Gavroche took Éponine to his little elephant statue. "Here, you can stay with me" he said. He laid down, next to his sister, feeling his arms wrap around her. Then, he cried. Tears of fear, tears of sadness, and tears of pain.

And I bleed when I fall down
Éponine held Gavroche as he slowly fell asleep. When she was sure he was fast asleep, she stared at the ceiling. A tear slipped down her face. She was afraid of loosing Gavroche as well as Marius.

I'm only Human
The next morning, Gavroche woke up and shook his sister awake. She smiled a tired smile at him. And he returned the smile.

And I crash and I break down.
Éponine climbed down the ladder to the streets, Gavroche following behind her. He went to get some food, while she just roamed around. She saw Marius and Cosette kissing. The sight brought her close to tears. But she didn't make a sound.

Your words in my head, knives in my heart
Gavroche found his sister looking upset. He didn't ask what had happened. He didn't need to. He gave her a piece of bread. "Here" he said. Then, he ate her own. He remembered all those times Éponine had said 'I love you'. It burned inside his heart. But it was a good fire.

You build me up and then I fall apart, cause I'm only human.
Éponine hugged Gavroche when she finished her bread. The two of them loved each other beyond the stars. He always built her up, but she always came apart.

I can turn it on
The next day, they were building the barricade. "We need as much furniture as you can throw down" Courfeyrac shouted to the people. He helped assemble the barricade. He would do everything he could to win his freedom.

Be a good machine
Soon the barricade was finished. And the night was falling. It wasn't long before the battle began. The sound of gunshots rang through the air. Éponine shot a few of the National Guard soldiers. Then, she watched with horror as one aimed his musket at Marius's head. "NO!" She yelled, running to him and yanking the musket toward herself. She winced as the bullet entered her body...

I can hold the weight of the world, if that's what you need
Gavroche watched as his sister died in Marius's arms. He sobbed and wished that it was all a nightmare. That he could be dying instead of her. He sobbed and ran to her. He kissed her forehead and laid his head on her stomach.

Be your everything.
Éponine was dead now. The stop of her own heartbeat proved it. She watched her brother and Marius grieve her death. It felt nice to know that Marius really did care about her. But it hurt to know that Gavroche was so torn up. She walked to him, although he couldn't see her, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

I can do it
The next morning, They attacked again. In the midst of the fighting, Enjolras said that Ammo was low. "I'll get some bullets" Gavroche said. "Don't you dare, Gavroche" Courfeyrac said. Gavroche didn't listen. He collected ammo from the fallen national guardsmen. He felt one pierce his stomach and he gasped in pain.

I can do it
"Gavroche, stop, go back" Éponine yelled. But Gavroche couldn't hear her. He wished she could help. But she was gone and dead.

I'll get through it
Gavroche threw some ammo to the boys, he wanted to stand and go back, but he couldn't. He heard someone shout "no!" And then the world faded away.

But I'm only human
Éponine smiled at Gavroche, who had just joined her. "Cmon" she said to him. Then, she lead him to heaven, smiling. They had both been set free.

And I bleed when I fall down
Gavroche followed His big sister and they arrived in heaven. It was just like he dreamed it would be: beautiful.

I'm only human
Éponine felt happy and sad at the same time, happy, because she was no longer trapped on earth, in her malnourished body. Sad, because she left a life behind.

And I crash and I break down
Gavroche ran with Éponine down the street. Everyone was dressed in white. They all were happy, and the children played together.

Your words in my head, knives in my heart
Éponine looked at Gavroche. "I love you" she said, kissing his cheek. Then, she offered him a piggyback ride, which he gladly took.

You build me up and then I fall apart
After about fifteen minutes of Piggyback rides, Gavroche climbed off his sister's back and took her hand. They just walked together, with no specific place in mind.

Cause I'm only human
Éponine hugged her brother. She loved him, and was so glad he was happy. They were together, and forever happy.


Human-Christina Perri: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE

© 2014 ღCloveღ


Author's Note

ღCloveღ
What did you guys think? Was it good?

I do not own Les Miserables. Victor Hugo Does.

I do not own the song "Human" Christina Perri does.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice cut story, sad through.

Posted 9 Years Ago


ღCloveღ

9 Years Ago

Thanks, and of course it's sad, it's les mis

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014
Tags: Human, Les mis, Gavroche, Éponine

Author

ღCloveღ
ღCloveღ

Dixon, IL



About
Hello fellow writers, my name is Jasmine. I'm twelve years old and was adopted from a neglecting couple. Grew up in a small town. Music, art, and writing are my life. I grew up listening to pop an.. more..

Writing