Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by LoveYourself
"

Haley and Beau [Haley's Senior bestfriend/crush] share a moment together (:

"

Waking up from a fitful sleep to hear my alarm clock beeping, ringing throughout my head.

“It's spring break,” what the hell is the alarm going off for? I muse, finishing my incomplete thought.

“And on a Sunday?? Seriously?” I groan as I fall out of bed, dropping straight to the carpet floor. My cat Zoey screams beneath me and darts out of the room. I shake my head and push myself up off of the floor, smacking my hand down on the snooze button, falling to the floor once more. The plush carpet and all its boring beige glory, stained with soda and food markings within a 4 foot radius of the other one. I smirk lightly as my eyes drape closed slowly, letting out one final deep sigh just before falling back into a light sleep.

“HALEY!! WAKE…UP!!” I recognize Destiny's voice shouting just in time for me to open my eyes as she sits right in the middle of my back, my air taken right out of me. I cough into my arm, squirming beneath her weight.

“Des, get-- off!!” I croak at her, swallowing a few times to try and moisten my already dry throat. My coughs subside finally to the point I can breathe again, getting large lungfuls of air. Trinity sits up and down on my back, making me grunt each time.

“Aww come on grumpy…let's go to the lake today!” Destiny practically sings as her smile widens on her pale white face.

“Yeah! The lake!” someone pipes in from what sounds like the kitchen. Who the heck is in my kitchen?? I think to myself.

“First off, how did you get in my room, let alone my HOUSE? Secondly, who's"“

*BEEP-- BEEP-- BEEP-- BEE--*

*WHACK!*

Destiny smacks the old radio clock off, looking back down at me. Once more, I groan softly and roll my eyes. Destiny giggles and mimics my eye rolling, initially making me wanna slap the look off her face. Not really, I'm just overly tired right now.

“My mom is out back waiting with the car in the alley way, with a bunch of stuff for us, we're going to the lake today. It's for us to have fun! Duh! Get'cho a*s up and get dressed Haley!! Chop chop!!! Let's GO!” she finally gets off of my back, allowing me to get up, though I do it slowly just to annoy her.

“Who is this 'we' you are speaking of?” I ask solemnly.

“You, me and Caitlyn. Who did you think I meant?” she smirks and tilts her head just before popping it back up and adding, “Oh and Jay might come to the lake and meet us. He says he misses me and all that crap..blah.” she laughs to herself, knowing I shared no humor in the joke.

“Oh.” I mumble lightly, “I thought you had meant your mom, you and I. I wasn't quite sure who you meant.” I shake off the bed sheet still clinging to my Stewie (Family Guy) PJ's. Picking up a corner of it, I lazily toss it up onto the bed, not bothering to make it this morning. I walk to my closet and slide the thick wooden door open, my eyes immediately finding riding boots. I grit my teeth lightly as I hold the closet door open, jumping suddenly when Destiny thumps her hand on the wall beside me.

“Let’s go Haley! No time to waste!!” Destiny stares at me with that “what’s your problem?!” look, I just shake my head and look away back at my boots. I reach down and pick them up, pulling them out and dusting them off a little. I examine them, hearing Destiny’s voice coming from beside me, sounding like miles away. I finally turn to Des and look at her face, red from slight frustration.

“Hey Des, I think I’m gonna go to Beau’s house and go ridin’. I haven’t gone riding in awhile,” I bite my lip, a sincere look in my eyes, trying to get the approval of my best friend. Destiny sighs heavily and looks down at the floor a minute, glancing back up at me with understanding in her eyes.

“Yeah, we---“

“Those horses won’t be the only thing she’ll be riding!!” Caitlyn shouts from the hallway as she appears in my doorway, a sly smirk on her face.

“Seriously? It’s not even like tha---“ Destiny starts busting up laughing beside me, cutting me off mid-word. I close my eyes and shake my head, letting out an irritated sigh.

“Ok, I think it’s time you guys went to the lake. Cause as I already said, I’m not going.” This shuts Destiny up, standing up straight again, she lightly glares at Caitlyn before turning to me.
“Alright, alright. We’ll see you around Haley,” Destiny mumbles as she turns, practically pushing Caitlyn with her out of my room. A few seconds later, my front door opens and closes shut…leaving me in perfect silence, all alone in my small house.

 

I walk down the empty dirt road, my shoes lightly shuffling across the small gravel as I head towards Jake’s house. Wearing a white tank top underneath my flannel shirt and dark blue jeans with dark purple converse. Making my way up the driveway of the large 2 story home, I walk up to the doorstep, knocking on the door gently, stepping back away from the door. I shove my hands into my empty hand into my pocket, holding onto my boots in the other hand. Looking down at my new converse, I frown slightly, seeing all the dirt collecting along all the sides from the road. I sigh heavily and chuckle lightly to myself, hearing my mom's voice in my head, floating back to an old memory. Just as I emerse into a flashback of my childhood, the sloosh of the door rubbing across the floor as it opens sounds, drawing my attention to he door.

Standing in the doorway, wearing nothing but worn out straight-legged jeans and black cowboy boots, is Beau. His abs glisten with a thin layer of sweat in the sunlight shining from above. A wide smile spreads across his face, showing off his straight pure white teeth, causing me to blush brightly.

"Hey Haley..what brings you all the way over here?" his left eyebrow disappears up beneath his dirty blonde hair, his smile becoming more friendly and comfortable.

"Figured I'd come by to see you..I hadn't seen you since last Tuesday at school. I also wanted to know," I hold up my boots in full view with a guilty little grin "if maybe me and you could go riding for a bit..?" I bite my lip shyly, the hand with my boots dropping back to my side where it was before. Beau's expression flashes with a questioning look when I mention school, but as I finish talking, his warm smile returns to his soft pale lips.

"Yeah, we can go riding! I've actually got three horses saddled up right now. I could go unsaddle one of them and we can go ridinut by the lake..whataya say?" he tilts his head to the side slightly, his hair shifting with his head movements throwing his hair infront of his eyes. I so badly wanted to drop my boots, step forward into him and brush that hair out of his eyes, and kiss him right then and there. Gawd, why did he have to be so amazingly sexy? I look him straight in the eyes and nod like a complete bobblehead idiot.

"Yeah, sounds great!" I answer, my voice a little more high pitched with excitement in my voice.

 

So there we were at the bottom of the hill at the lake water's edge, sitting beside one another. I could hear the horses occasional snorting behind us in the bushes where we had tethered them to, feeling the cooling breeze roll off of the waterfall nearly one hundred yards away. The sun off in the distance was starting its descend behind the trees, darkening the setting. The lake before us glistened with the light of the setting sun and the rising full moon shining in it, which I noticed caused Beau's eyes to appear a much deeper blue than ever before. Really dreamy. We had sat here for a long time in silence, and we were both ok with it. Everything was perfect in that exact moment. Beau and I are officially 2 years, 7 months and 5 days apart from each other. He is a senior and I am just a sophomore. Cool thing about us though, is even though we had just met in the middle of this year, we hit it off as really good friends soon after our meet. We hung out at least every other day after school and usually spent a good chunk of time together in school, too.  Though times like tonight I wish had happened every night we had been together. Tonight was much muc more than perfect. Then, suddenly..

"It's getting late, we should probably get back soon," Beau mumbles under his breath, only just loud enough for me to hear. The sound of his voice told me he really didn't want to leave, and neither did I.

"Can't we stay a little longer, Beau?" I ask him softly, my eyes pleading. His forlorn expression shifts to a thoughtful one. Once again, we sit in a silence for a few seconds, but only a few. Without a moment's notice, I feel his hand wrapp around mine, squeezing gently.

"I'll make an excuse.." he smiles charmingly, setting my heart aflame. I smile back, nodding as I lay back in the sand and look up at the now starry night sky. For an instant, I close my eyes and breath in deeply, letting it out slowly. Hearing soft shuffling beside me, I turn my head as I open my eyes to find Beau moving over me, his hands pinning my wrists to the blanket. I blush brightly, thankful it was now too dark to see my bright red rosy cheeks.

"Umm, Beau?" I ask, a little embarrassed and curious as to what he was doing.

"Yeah?" he chuckles lightly, staring into my eyes with that amazing smile of his again. I could feel my heart pounding against the walls of my chest, I hope he couldn't.

"What are you doing?" my voice cracks a bit, the tone in my words a bit cautioned and shy. As I shift underneath him, Beau lets go of one of my wrists and brushes a stray strand of hair out of my face, putting his hand down beside my head.

"Just looking down at a pretty face is all.." Beau keeps on smiling, this time, his dimple shows a bit. I giggle nervously and think, "OMG HE JUST CALLED ME PRETTY! :O" I bite my lip softly, then slowly shift again, sitting up a little more. Now a little closer, face to face with my drop dead sexy best friend, my heartbeat picks up so much it's as if I don't have a beat anymore.

"I--I really like you Beau," I start. "And honestly, I think I'm falling for you.."

"Don't worry, Haley," Beau whispers as he leans in a little bit as if I wouldn't notice. "I'll catch you.." I swallow hard and close my eyes just as our noses brush against each other, pressing my lips to his softly. My arms supporting my weight beneath me begin to fail, causing me to pull away a bit until Beau's arm wraps securely around my waist, pulling me close to him again. In that very moment, I think I died and went straight to heaven. Because I sure felt like I was in a pure heavenly bliss.



© 2011 LoveYourself


Author's Note

LoveYourself
cliff hanger-ish.... x) hope you enjoyed the chapter....wait till next time [when i get the damn time xD] to read more! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good chapter. I like the wake-up scene. A real life feel to the harassment of a person in the early morning. I like the ending. The story had a good pace. Making each situation feel important. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very good chapter. I like the wake-up scene. A real life feel to the harassment of a person in the early morning. I like the ending. The story had a good pace. Making each situation feel important. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow! This chapter was really good. I can't wait until you post the next chapter. The characters and plot are very well put together. You really are a talented writer!

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011


Author

LoveYourself
LoveYourself

Long Beach, CA



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by LoveYourself