Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by LoveYourself

I can't be the only one.
This is too much to handle alone.

                                                                                                                      


                                                                                                                      

February 20th. Stone. Dustin Stone.
That's all that's on my mind. Stone just happens to be the first guy I dated after I started shifting. It's been two years exactly since we first started dating. Of course over the years, he wasn't the only guy I had my sights on, but he is the one who meant the most. And aside from Conner, he is the only other ex of mine who managed to survive. Stone is one of the reasons I am so into country music, and also the reason I somewhat resent country now as well. Songs that remind me of him used to make me smile, now-a-days they just bring me painful memories. My closest friends say that I'm better off now then I ever was with him, but none of them ever saw me when I was around him. They've never gotten the inside scoop of what made me fall for him in the first place. They'll never understand why I was so hurt.

                                                                                                                      


                                                                                                                      

- Hey. 
I just stare at the text message, my mind completely blank. I text him back though.
- wats up?
- Just wanted to let you know I'm not playing the xbox, it's Trey. He told me to tell you.
- that's great. I honestly don't care who's playing, k? tell him he doesn't have to worry about telling me anymore.
- Hey, what's your problem?
- nothing. ttyl Stone. 
At that, I clicked my phone shut and tossed it to the foot of the bed, glaring at my ceiling. Why the hell would Trey bother to tell Dustin that he was playing and not Dus? It's not like I could care who the hell was playing anyways.
Or did I?
The bed vibrates and then the message tone goes off. I sit there, contemplating whether I wanted to answer it or not. I didn't want to, but I never not replied to one of Stone's texts before unless I was really pissed at him. I couldn't remember what I was mad at him for anyways, so why not humor him for a bit? I sit up and grab my phone, plopping back down on my back, reading the text, getting ready for another texting war.
- Wtf Crough? I never did you any wrong!
- yeah you did. I'm just too fluster fucked right now that I can't think, k? just leave me alone. bye.
- Hey, would you just give me a chance? Please?
- why should I?
- Just please, for me?
- i'm waiting..
- I've been having troubles lately, Crough.
- like?
- I miss you.
- i miss you too, but what does that have to do with this?
- I know this is a shot in the dark, but I want you back. I doubt you'll allow me back in though after what I did to you... all the s**t I put you through in the past. I'm sorry for all of that.
I couldn't believe it. After all this time, the months I'd spent thinking that, like he'd said, he didn't love me anymore. I'd spent this whole time trying to get him to love me back, and to take me back. After a while, I'd given up on it, and now he was coming back to ask me to be his again? Wtf kind of screwed up world is this?
- ......thought you didn't love me anymore, Stone?
- Maddie, what did I just say to you?
- well...
- Exactly. You know what I said.
-t hen why did you tell me that you weren't in love with me anymore? why did you have to lie to me?!
- I was tired of hurting you all the time. I told you I didn't love you anymore so that it would be an easier break, and that maybe you would move on. I tried to move on too, but... I can't stop thinking about you. Not one day has gone by that I haven't thought about you.
-why now?
-Why not now?
- ....... Dustin... *sighs* why now, after all this time that I've been trying to tell you how much I love you, and don't want anyone else. I don't want to move on. I don't think I could move on until I got fully over you, which I don't think I ever will, or won't for a very long time. You're my first true love, Dus. I never wanted to lose you.
- Can I come over? Please? :/
- .....yeah.. do you still have my key?
- I'll look around for it, if not...I can always climb through your window, like old times. *half smiles*
- i'd like that.. *half smile back*
- Window it is, then. :}
- :]
- (:

                                                                                                                                                             

S**t.
Stone was coming over.
Fml.

                                                                                                                                                             

Stone had managed to climb up on the side fence, jump on to my roof and make it safely into my room. Once he was in my room though, neither him nor I could find the right words to say to each other. We seemed to have it all written out in our minds, our mouths and tongues just wouldn't put it to verbal words. So we just sat in silence. A very awkward, silence.

                                                                                                                                                             


                                                                                                                      

I suddenly feel his hand wrap around mine, automatically feeling my face get red hot.
"I want you to know that I love you, Maddie. I've always loved you. Always have and always will. I never stopped." My mind was still blank. What was I supposed to say? I knew exactly what I wanted to say, it just wasn't coming out.
"I love you too, Dus."
"Maddie, I wanna have another chance. But this is up to you.."
"What have I been doing since we last broke up, Stone? Tell me and you'll understand that this isn't my choice. I already know my decision on the matter." He sighs, and I know he expected me to say something like that.
"Then I guess it's official." His soft smile made my heart skip a couple beats. I'd been waiting so long to see that smile of his, that it was a relief to finally get to see it again. I couldn't help but smile back.
And then he kissed me. Soft and tender, just like a first kiss. It held meaning, and showed that it didn't want any more than what he was already getting. As if this was all he needed. It was enough for me.

                                                                                                                      

17 years young. "
Junior in high school. "
Independent. "
Good lookin', I guess. (maybe)
Smarticles. (kinda)
Still total daddy's girl. Unfortunately. "
Boyfriend-less. Taken. "
Werewolf. "
Living in one of the busiest, and most populated cities in the U.S. "

                                                                                                                      

Not much of a change.
But I like it.

                                                                                                                      


© 2012 LoveYourself


Author's Note

LoveYourself
not much in this chapter..any comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this Chaper... :) s'familiar... I love you Missy Rae :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved the style of the layout. Also.....everything else.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012


Author

LoveYourself
LoveYourself

Long Beach, CA



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by LoveYourself