Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by LoveYourself

It's one thing to be an extremely emotional teenage girl, but it's a totally another thing when you are that and something that people for centuries believed were real. Now they're just fairy tale monsters, only the species is very much alive. I'm one of those that changes into a hairy sharp fanged beast at any time I please, but having a forced shift every full moon. Full moons are easy, really. It's the Blood Moons you have to worry about.

Ugly phase.
No control.
Bloody consequences.
No happy ending.

It has been only 4 years since I started shifting. Like a period, except this has some perks but hurts much, much worse. I still have my 5-day long monthly bloody war like any normal girl, it just never compares to the phases at the end of the month. Yes, I am somewhat normal. I like outdoor activities and sports. I can also be a total recluse though. Often I enjoy reading, drawing, or playing video games on my xbox. I'm just a typical, average, normal everyday teen. Getting in trouble whenever I find the chance to. You know, the works.

As far as I know, I am the only 'werewolf' in existence. My dad (mom's been gone for years, died of cancer when I was 9 years old) doesn't know about my "issue". I couldn't trust him with the truth about where I disappeared that first night I shifted, and always kept it a secret. I mean, who can trust parents anyway? Not me. I've caught my father in so many lies I just stopped trusting in him and keep everything to myself now. Though I have a very long leash (no relation to being a werewolf... which is part dog... dogs need leashes... oy.) with my dad, I still have to explain my absences to him and check in because "he wants to make sure I'm okay". Pfft. Yeah, whatever.

Through all of this, I am completely alone and don't know where to go. I am trying to keep this as normal as possible and just live life like I did before this ever started. Just with a few changes here and there. Of course.


17 years young.
Soon to be Senior in high school.
Independent.
Good lookin', I guess.
Smarticles.
Still total daddy's girl. Unfortunately.
Boyfriend-less.
Werewolf.
Living in one of the busiest, and most populated cities in the U.S. (Los Angeles.)

Doesn't exactly mix very well together if you ask me. And trust me, I know. I'm f****n' living it right now. 

Welcome to my world.


© 2012 LoveYourself


Author's Note

LoveYourself
Well, whataya think? This really has absolutely nothing to do with the official plot, just an introduction. :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Real nice hook into the novel. I hope to have time soon to take a closer look. Why not RR the first two chapters. But has hooks go, this has style and confidence, but none of the arrogance that often accompanies the work of younger writers. Real sweet work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

nice intro and i like your attempt at humor.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is really fab,and,like me,you took the time to do an intro.I think this could be a book i'd pick up at the library and go "Hey,this is really cool".Fab

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As an introduction this is really awesome. The werewolf thing is really cool (though I favor vampires myself). And of course, living in Los Angeles would be a dream come true for me! I've always wanted to see Beverly Hills, or maybe the Pacific Ocean at a beach somewhere. I like the flow of the narrative here--it makes it easy to read. Cool start!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the introduction. Gave some history and reason for the character. A good feel to the story so far. I will keep reading. A excellent intro.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Real nice hook into the novel. I hope to have time soon to take a closer look. Why not RR the first two chapters. But has hooks go, this has style and confidence, but none of the arrogance that often accompanies the work of younger writers. Real sweet work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This could be an amazing turn on the werewolf novelists. Which would be great. I personally hate the idea of a werewolf novel, but this was actually incredibly enjoyable. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012


Author

LoveYourself
LoveYourself

Long Beach, CA



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by LoveYourself



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not Today Not Today

A Poem by Thea


Decent Decent

A Poem by Sophia Marie