1st Shot--New Enemy Face

1st Shot--New Enemy Face

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

�Two more minutes.� I said to her. She nodded and went behind her back and took out her gun. A Pistol and a Assault Rifle made by the organization themselves. I did the same. I prefer to use two pistols and a machine gun, but I can only hold so much on

"

From Guns to Roses

 

Chapter 1- New Enemy Face

 

There I stood on top of a roof top awaiting for my target. My long red hair in ponytails, flowed with the wind. My red eyes adjusted to the black curtain that the night has brought upon us. My red plaid skirt swayed loosely around my legs. I looked at my watch. Only 5 minutes to go. This mission will go smoothly, if they don’t arrive. Somehow, I don’t think that’s going to happen. It never does. I looked over to my partner, Lilac. Her short light purple hair hit the sides of her face. Her purple outfit, a plaid skirt, shirt, and vest, just like mine, except they were purple. She sensed my presence and stared at me with her big deep purple eyes.

"It’s going to start soon…" she said. Her voice was shaky. Even though she had done this process so many times, it still bothers her. I don’t blame her. We’ve gone into this business at the same time and only have but so much experience. However, a job is a job. So no matter how scary it is, we must fight the shadows, beings that lived in the Ghost period from way back when the town was in ruins. It was called the ghost wars. Shadows were the weapons used in this war. They were dangerous, but by the end of the war, they were sealed away for all of eternity. Recently, about 5 years ago, the seals have started to fade and the shadows have been released. Thus our job is to search and destroy before they wind up into the wrong hands. I looked at her gently. I understood her fear. It’s in all of us.

"Yeah…but it’ll be alright. Don’t worry, you got me…" I said gently and she smiled. They say a flower’s smile is the most beautiful thing in the world. Lilac is living proof of that fact. Her smile always gave people warmth and make them feel reassured.

"Thanks Rose…." she said quietly. Rose….that is my name to most people in the organization, but that is not my real name. My real name, I’ll keep secret for now. Don’t want my cover blown just yet. I looked at my watch again. 2 more minutes. I looked back at Lilac. She looked at me curiously.

"Two more minutes." I said to her. She nodded and went behind her back and took out her gun. A Pistol and a Assault Rifle made by the organization themselves. I did the same. I prefer to use two pistols and a machine gun, but I can only hold so much on my back. So my two pistols and close combat sword will have to do. Suddenly, an explosion happens and a shadow emerges. A big shadow emerges……The thing about shadows are that they are invisible to everyone except those with the right equipment or the special sight. I won’t tell you which I have just yet. I looked at my watch. There was still one minute left, why did it come out so early?! I looked at Lilac, who stood there frightened by the enormous thing. She looked at me waiting for the instruction. I nodded. "Let’s go!"

"Alright!" she said as we jumped of the roof top and onto the next one. I went ahead of her, so I could protect her from frontal attacks. I’m good at hand to hand combat as well as shooting, but Lilac is not that good at fighting , so I’ll have her shoot. We landed on the roof top, where the shadow stood. I motioned for Lilac to move behind the tall figure on the roof. I moved onto the other one next to it. I looked at her and we nodded. The shadow was sitting there waiting. I don’t know if it knew we were there or not, but I didn’t care. I signaled to Lilac, that I would move in slowly and catch it’s attention while she shoots at it. She nodded. Just then, there was an explosion causing dust to remove the shadow from view. The shadow screamed with agony. A scream that was like nails scrapping against a chalk board. I covered my ears. Lilac did the same. Finally, the screaming stopped, so I looked from behind the figure to see the shadow being contained in a red, electric light. What the?! How did that happen and where did it come from?! I looked over at Lilac, who shrugged her shoulders. What is going on here? Wait…did one of those members come? A boy dressed in a black jacket and pants came onto the scene and stood in front of the shadow. I looked at him closely. He had gray and silver-ish hair. I couldn’t see his eyes because his back was turned to us, but I could here what he was saying.

"So you’re one of the bigger shadows…." he said in somewhat rhythmic voice, " My boss will be pleased about you…." His boss? My eyes narrowed. He’s one of them. The organization known as Metal Gear, but he’s a new one. I’ve never seen him before…..Is he taking the place of Pistol? I don’t know…but I doubt it. Anyway…we better make a move or he’ll take the shadow. Now let’s see….there show be a device somewhere on him that controls the electric lights. I scan around. Oh…there it is! It’s in his hand. If I can destroy it. The shadow will be free and then we can destroy it. I motioned towards Lilac and started move from behind the figure and raised my pistol.

"You won’t even get the chance to give it to him!" I yelled with my pistol pointed at him. Lilac sat behind the figure and didn’t move. I didn’t want her to. I needed the element of surprise. The boy turned to me. His eyes were deep red just like mine, but I don’t think those are his eyes. He chuckled and smiled.

"So you must be one of Gardenia’s forces….." he said while smiling, "Judging by your color, you must be Rose…." I sneered. So he knows how to tell our names from the colors. He knows about us.

"State your name!" I yelled at him an d stared at me coldly. Then he laughed. This guy really ticks me off. I can’t let him get to me though.. Rustle….I can sense it. Someone else is here as well. I stepped back. Lilac readied her gun.

"That’s right, I’m a new face to you.." he chuckled and extended his arms, "I am known as Gunner. Remember it well for you’ll be see in this face often." Gunner….Something about Gunner makes me fear him and yet I feel as if I know him. I held my pistol. He raised an eyebrow and sighed taking out his machine gun. A machine gun?! Crap! I should run, but I can’t back down now. "Well only one way to settle this dispute…" He raised his gun. "Prepare to die!" He started shooting at me in lighting speed, which is not hard for a machine gun. I ran behind the figure. Shoot! This isn’t good. I signaled for Lilac to cover me. So much for my surprise plan. I ran from behind the figure and started shooting from my pistol, moving around. Gunner was focused on me and did not see Lilac coming from the other figure. She shot at him, but he turned around in just enough time to dodge. We got him! A black figure with a streak of bronze hair came out of nowhere and planted himself in front of Gunner. Who they heck is that? Wait…I know this face…It’s Pistol! Pistol took out his gun and started shooting out at us. We ran behind the figures once again and started shooting at them once more. We have to finish this fast before they can escape. Suddenly, a helicopter comes from over head and snatches the shadow from the rooftop. What the?! Shoot! They got it! A ladder came down from the helicopter and Pistol got on it.

"Come on Gunner! Leave them!" he said as he extended a hand out towards Gunner. Shoot they’re leaving! I started to run up to them, shooting as I do, until Gunner starts shooting with his machine gun causing me to fall back. He chuckled and grabbed Pistol’s hand.

"Until next time Rose…" he said as the helicopter flew them away. I stood up from the debris caused by the explosions and the shooting. Lilac came from behind the figure she was hiding from. She looked at me.

"We were in a tight spot this time…" she said quietly. I nodded.

"Indeed we were….Next time, they’ll be toast…" I said darkly. The lights started to come on from the building. Well that’s are sign to go, before they start asking questions. I nodded at Lilac. "We better go." She nodded.

"Right…" she said. We jumped from the rooftop and made out escape. Next time, I won’t let them escape and that’s a promise!

End Chapter

 

 



© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
Anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well I think this story is a wonderful idea, however, there are a few things that bother me.
The first sentence is confusing... "THERE I stood on TOP of a roof TOP awaiting FOR my target." I don't know the grammatically correct way to say what is wrong but I think it would sound alot better as "I stood on a roof top, awaiting my target." The same mistake appears throughout the majority of the piece; too many extra words. But, I do think you have an excellent story here, so keep it up! XD

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing