Broken Republic Act 1 The Unimaginable.

Broken Republic Act 1 The Unimaginable.

A Story by Philosopher King
"

The Second American Civil War.

"
I remember I was close to graduating college when it first began happening. I was taking a stroll down memory lane on Serfus Club in Corona when I could see specific houses where U-Haul trucks had been parked and were being loaded to the brim. I was so distracted by the constant occurrence  that day that I almost jumped a curb and hit a stop sign. I don't know if I would have gotten a ticket by a cop because everybody was shocked as to what was happening on that day. As I made my way down to the old apartments where I used to live at, there was even a homeless guy with a black bag over his shoulder taking part in the migration. I slowly eased up behind to him in my car and asked him what was going on. He mumbled for a bit before saying he didn't know and that he was heading to the liquor store. I almost wanted to believe him until a huge Penske moving truck passed me up and eased up next to him in front of me. The sudden stop by the driver ahead forced me to halt as well and I was jerked in my seat. All I could think of was "How rude."
The homeless guy went over to the passenger side window of the truck and talked for a bit before opening the door and jumping in. "Wow" I thought, what would prompt a stranger to give some random homeless guy a lift? 
I decided to drive around Corona and see what was going on. Given the snail's pace of the traffic, I wasn't the only rubbernecker that day. As I drove by street after street and passed house after house, I noticed something peculiar. Those that were packing their belongings and moving out all had one common trait about them: they were of caucasian decent. 
I decided to drive up to a with a moving truck parked on it's drive and peak out my car window to ask what was going on. As the resident of some random house trailed outside from his garage with a box in his hands, I tried to raise my voice as casually as possible in order to be heard over the distance between me and him.
"Hey man, what's going on? Is there something wrong like an Earthquake alert, or something like that?" I asked trying to frame my question as a public concern.
"That's non of your goddamn business, get the f**k out of here you spick."
I wasn't of hispanic decent, but I usually get confused for that. His answer  almost cut me to the bone as I'm sure my eyes widened in unison. I just snailed back into my window and drove off. There was nothing really I could do, he was an a*****e. "Oh well I thought, might as well head home."
See, the big things are usually the ones that sneak up on you before you know what's going on. Your brain tires to play it off as something minor such as another dip in the economy, or mass evictions, but little do you understand that at that point, what's about to occur will change everything you've ever known forever.
it wasn't until I got home that I began to notice the news stories on my facebook. Al-Jazeera was the first to report on it and after that it was wave after wave of the same story by them. "Mass Migration of Caucasian Americans to the Upper Midwest Signals Civil War." WHAT! That's a joke, it had to be, Al-Jazeera must have got hacked or something, or somebody over there is smoking a little to much hash. See, like I said, your brain at first thinks it's just something small and meaningless. It always takes a while for those kind of things to sink in. 
As I was scrolling down in surprise, that's when I caught the bright red alert icon by BBC news. "This just in" it said, "Mass migration in the United States of Caucasian Americans to the Upper Midwest."
Huh, that's strange I thought.  At this point my brain had acknowledged what was occurring, but it was still in that faze of thinking it would pass without a hint of significance. 

© 2014 Philosopher King


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014

Author

Philosopher King
Philosopher King

Throughout the I.E. , CA



About
'Life is a perpetual war. Therefore, the only thing you should concern yourselves with is whether you've equipped for the occasion.' I've been an avid writer ever since I was a kid. I study politi.. more..

Writing