The Lost Letters, Part 1: The Western Crisis and An Open Letter to the Philosopher of the Spirit.

The Lost Letters, Part 1: The Western Crisis and An Open Letter to the Philosopher of the Spirit.

A Chapter by Philosopher King
"

Past 1 of the Lost Letters

"
The west is in crisis. It has been for a few years now. How is it that we look at our civilization today and conotate it with such values as greed, sexism, overindulgence, and degeneracy, yet when we look at the civilization of Greece and Rome and we see the brilliance of a people in all its magnificence that took the world by storm?
Greece, with its entire splendor, gave us such gifts as history, philosophy, and the polis. Rome, with all its strength, was the longest lasting empire in the history of the world, spanning 1000 years. And how can we deny the magnificent works of art that these two civilizations have bestowed upon us which have carried down into the ages. Art, which compared with the works of today, would seem as though gods had sculpted them themselves. 
What went wrong, and how? 
The answer lies in critical theory. Critical theory has created a hydra of degenerate ideas that have sprung forth from a single source. Devised by the Frankfurt school during the interwar years, Critical theory was just the simple academic idea of questioning all aspects of western society. Out of this simple philosophy, an ameba effect occurred in where every aspect that was questioned was turned into it's own branch of liberal philosophy. The questioning of women's role within society turned into feminism. The questioning of gender identity came the LGBT. And with the advent of emerging minority blow-back came the mushrooming of interdisciplinary fields such as black studies, Chicano studies, Asian studies, ect. 
The first thing that should strike the true westerner (if there still is one) is the notion that all these branches of socio-political theory serve no other purpose then to cut out segments of our society like pieces of a pie. In our own day and age, this has reached its zenith and is the original cause of our civilization’s break from its glorious past. 
This new development in the conciseness of the west has effected every aspect of our lives. It has separated the concept of the mother from the wife; giving women a new plethora of license in which they wield relentlessly by having children out of wedlock. It has made the minority into a nation within a nation, giving them a false sense of entitlement in which they exercise it by using the befits of the state for their own personal gain. And it has justified the LGBT as being just as capable of child rearing when it is clear that healthy children are only the products of brave fathers and loving mothers.
Art is also another aspect of life that exemplifies the diverging paths of the development of our society today versus its glorious past. Art has degenerated from its once magnificent splendor of being the aimer of beauty, to becoming nothing more than an avenue to antagonize the greater society. Artist strictly focus their time on making art into either an abstract or an antagonistic force which convey no true meaning, and had not been its original aim. When asked to convey the meaning of their works, artist will now frequently state that it is up to the viewer to decide, thus destroying the meaning of storytelling or capturing heaven's beauty by art. 
How are we to make sense of this mess in our current state of decay. 
I say this to you. We must rediscover our ideological roots that comprised the true meaning of our past. The imperium: the old forgotten ancient philosophy that stressed the notion of self-sacrifice, duty and above all else, a value for honor. There are things the ancients represented in their magnificence that are completely void of us today. One in which was that society was built off the fibers of the spiritual as opposed to the material. This made the citizen spiritually sound in overcoming any obstacles that life had thrown at him. When a state turns inwards to meddle in the affairs of its own citizens, this is the sign of a spiritual decaying society, one in which its peoples are not capable of coping with the harsh elements of reality. A state that can manage external affairs and where the citizens can manage the affairs of society on their own is the sign of a strong spiritual society that allows the father land free reign to deal with matters abroad as opposed to matters within. So ask yourself, where do you see our current state placing its main focus in our world today? 
It was said by Arab philosopher, Ibn Khaldûn, that if you grew up in the desert sands, under the blistering sun of struggle, then you are an entity poised for success. Why? BECAUSE IT IS STRUGGLE THAT GROWS THE SPIRIT! 
So to the same logic applies to the fatherland. It was thought by the Marxists (and taken as fact at this point in history) that history is linear, one in where the whole of mankind is destined to reach the end of history in the form of a one world political ideology that is best capable satisfying all of man's needs.  This is an absolute false notion because if one inquires about the philosophy of history in a logical and brilliant fashion, he will see that history is not linear but cyclical. History is a never ending cycle of rise, stabilize, decline, and fall. An empire will rise to its apex, and then slowly start decline due to social and moral degradation. It is at this point that the barbarians, a war like and anxious people, will conquer the empire in decline, establish themselves as the new dynasty, and rise to the top of world supremacy only so far as their war like and conservative nature can carry them throughout the generations. The process will start again with the same miss-step, and the steep and tumultuous process of decline until another barbarian tribe conquers them. So how does this relate to our current globalized, modern world?  Simple, as we move through history establishing this one-world concept of democracy, it can seem form a distance that we, as a global union, are moving in a linear fashion. However, this could be no further from the truth, and if one makes a careful inquiry into the different natures of the polis, one would find that out of all the political systems, democracy is the most prone to degenerate and decay, faster than any other. So as we move into democracy and began our ascension into the apex of world unity together, we will slowly but surely come to find ourselves moving into a state of decline together; as one world, one entity. 
*** 
I was in the mountains today. The air was cold; the sun was like a laser beam upon my face. The air was so fresh, so fresh that at first I hated it. It was as if cold blasts were exploding in my lungs. My heart began to pound with the sudden shock of the challenges nature placed before me. My body began to grow weak, but I kept moving on. I kept moving, and then suddenly, all that had been wrong with the world, had been made right again. That which I thought was evil was actually the medicine which my body rejected at first. A medicine for an ailment that is systemic of the modern world. It is an ailment that starts with self-hate, self-denial. It then steadily grows into wants and needs that are artificial. From there it becomes a poison that slowly starts to kill its host. Whether the substance is drugs, alcohol, or food. The process of how the sickness works is the same. The modern world teaches us to hate ourselves, and that we can only by redeemed by wanting things we don't need. Then, slowly but surely, this begins to kill us as we mass consume. When we are sick, we then deny the medicine because it tastes bad. But in reality, the medicine always tastes bad before it begins to work its magic and cut out the cancer within us and heal. The medicine is not what we want, and we may even spit it out at first. BUT IT IS WHAT WE NEED.
From that mountain top, I began to hear a voice. As if a broadcast from nature herself was being picked up in my head by an internal receiver. That voice spoke to me. I knew from her sound that it was nature calling out to me. What it told me, most would not like to hear. But in the end, it is what we need to hear for us to realign ourselves with the great power.
She called out to me and said, "Life, my child, in its bare nudity, is a perpetual struggle, it is a perpetual war. Don't think that since you have clocked yourself in modernity, that you can get away from that which I have designed you for. Quite the contrary, you are only making your situation worse, and killing yourself in the process. Behold, I am nature, and I am the definition of struggle. Just because you have overcome this struggle, does not mean you have overcome yourselves. Quite the contrary, you have lost that which has made you into the creation I have designed you for, because with machines and the artificial you have no doubt overcame the struggle, but in the process you have lost your souls." So you see, nature is struggle, struggle is life, and life, is fascism. At that moment, I was one with nature again. My antenna was in tune with her broadcast. But as I climbed down that mountain and again made contact with civilization, that broadcast began to go out of tune. It started to dissipate, and the air of the city smog chocked me for a bit as the fresh mountain air began to dissipate in its wake. 
While I was up in those mountains. Another idea struck me like bolt of lightning raining down from the heavens. I looked down, I looked up, and I looked side to side, and it was then that I first realized the nature of true art. Mother Nature crafts her piece with true detail, true elegance, and true beauty. Art always reflects the state of mind of a people and the civilization they come from. Their values and their spiritual essence are always emulated through art. The amazing beauty of the works of the ancient Greeks and Romans emulates their integral alignment with nature, and their art attempt to capture natures' beauty through their works. That it is why the Ancients craft their pieces with such breathtaking beauty that even in today's technological age of machines and gizmos, the West is still awe struck by those magnificent masterpieces. Therefore, if one were to try an inquire what the true nature of art should be, and what it is that society is justified in calling art, it is those works of magnificence that try to emulate the beauty of nature and the brilliance of god. Those works that align or attempt to align themselves with the life-like prose of nature and attempt to emulate reality. Those that attempt to aim at the contrary are only art in name. When people were in tuned with nature, their art demonstrated their state of mind: disciplined, focused, steadfast in truth. Now, when we look at art in are modern world, what state of mind does is it portray? Love of the lie, empty abstraction, a mind without guard rails and absent of restrictions. 
So the questioned must be inquired of, what is the philosopher of the sprit to do in our current state of decline. First and foremost, the philosopher of the spirt must strive for truth within himself. He must be steadfast for the gold. You see, our society, and our souls, are one and the same entity. As Plato had said in the Republic, we are made up of three cast metals: the gold, the silver, and the bronze. These metals are in an ever revolving cylinder inside us striving to overtake one another. Therefore, the philosopher of the spirit must first overcome the struggle within him and make the gold the reigning matter of his constitution. The gold is the best element within us that strives in the light of reason. When the gold dictates who we are, we are being dictated by the best elements within us that are tempered in the fire of the divine. The silver is the element of spiritedness. It is the solider within us. It is that forces that give us our passion and how we apply that passion in the world. Lastly, the bronze is that part of our spiritual constitution that wants to indulge. It wants to sit back, relax and enjoy what life has to offer. It is that part of our spiritual constitution that is driven by appetite. Do not fool your selves into thinking that any one of the pieces of these metals within us are bad. Quite the contrary, they are the elements within us that make us human, but essential for their vibrancy is that they be put in the right order within us. The philosopher of the spirit should strive to have his internal constitution be dictated by gold, the Philosopher king; that element within in us given to us by a divine power. He should use the gold, to dictate the silver, and in turn, the silver will act in accordance to dictate the bronze. All will be in place, all will be in alignment.
Once he has aligned the metals within himself in proper order, he is ready to take on the world. Two mottos must stick with the philosopher of the sprit as he strives against the modern world. The first one is "That he must follow the facts no matter what the consequences are," and second, that "tolerance is the virtue of a dying society." Once he has had these two superior mottos ingrained within his philosophy, he is ready for the acquisition of knowledge that allows truth to rise to the top, and lies and propaganda sink to the bottom. In essence, he would become a true Philosopher King, constantly testing his own ideas and society’s without being held back by the moral constraints of tolerance.
From there, it is up to him to try and formulate his own ideology, and it will be evidently clear that as he strives in the name of the spirit, he will find himself becoming more and more a of a national realist. Because you see, the spirit is the state - just in greater magnetite, and if we choose to live a society without a soul, a spirit, a moral compass, we are in essence denigrating our father land and denying our civilization. 
The philosopher of the spirit is the barer of civilization; he is the seeker of truth. He is a force to be reckoned with who is not only able to point out the moral and spiritual transgression in his own society, but is having to constantly waged a battle within him in where nothing is stagnant and only the best rhetoric and ideology is tempered.
For the duty of the philosopher of the spirit to help his brethren out of the cave, or to wage war against the leftist-socialists, political machine that is constantly in the works of destroying the fatherland and ushering in a globalized mechanical order; one void of soul, identity, or national pride. One that would have all the peoples of the world bow down at the altar of multiculturalism. A philosophy void of any true love of identity, culture, and the spirit; and one in where all become nothing more than consumers to a neo-liberal global order. 
Maybe when all men become Socrates, we won’t have to worry about this mess, but the fact of the matter is that not all men our Socrates, and even less so understand that one component within us that make us who we truly are, which separates us from the beasts, and which is that element that gives us the spark of the devine: that element called the spirit. The spirit is that element within us that takes refuge with our gods, it takes refuge with our family, and most importantly of all, it takes refuge with our fatherland when blood and soil are intertwined with one another. Because only when the individual is under the agies of his family, his religion, his community and his fatherland, and all these factors make up the greater entity which is the whole of the nation, that is truly when the spirit is at peace. That is when true freedom reins, and that is when an individual is truly capable of becoming the best he can be. 
So as a farwell for now, I wish that you stay steadfast in the truth. 
And also, never forget, "wir sind der Feind"
Good Luck 


© 2014 Philosopher King


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't know what I think about all this or if it is even possible to agree or disagree, but I read it as a reminder to apply to one's life. If I can be inspired towards honor at this late day of life when I feel like everything is already over for a woman past her prime and yet it cannot be that way; we must embrace our humanity no matter what gender. We are not relegated to anything but honor and these great themes about civilization, that there are governments and wars forever and a day and when a person makes us feel like war and a society or like rest and joy, elation happiness that all these things must exist. If all men were Socrates we would not have modern invention perhaps the world would be more inventive but we would have more marble columns

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014


Author

Philosopher King
Philosopher King

Throughout the I.E. , CA



About
'Life is a perpetual war. Therefore, the only thing you should concern yourselves with is whether you've equipped for the occasion.' I've been an avid writer ever since I was a kid. I study politi.. more..

Writing