A Poem from a Dream

A Poem from a Dream

A Poem by Philosopher King
"

A dream I had which devised a poem, so I thought I'd write it down.

"
Smoking weed
Smoking weed

Don't smoke weed

Thank You

© 2014 Philosopher King


Author's Note

Philosopher King
I had a dream one morning where I was sitting in the front row of my class when two Mexican guys behind me were talking about their degenerate adventures of partying and smoking weed. I got annoyed by the whole conversation, but then I realized we had to write a poem and share it out loud  in front of the class (dream logic). That's when I came up with this, in which case I then day-dreamt myself reading it aloud to the class.

Something about it just annoys me when I read it. I don't know what it is, but it has a way of getting under your skin no matter who you are. I have this philosophy that if your subconsciousness comes up with anything artistic, manifest it in the real world if possible because that is where the true recess of your genius lies. The subconsciousness is able to process pure order and pure chaos at the same time because whenever you have a dream that doesn't make real-world logic, your subconsciousness can make sense of it for in where you don't even question it, thus demonstrating its superiority to the conscious mind. (Any psychologists willing to interpret are welcome).    

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014

Author

Philosopher King
Philosopher King

Throughout the I.E. , CA



About
'Life is a perpetual war. Therefore, the only thing you should concern yourselves with is whether you've equipped for the occasion.' I've been an avid writer ever since I was a kid. I study politi.. more..

Writing