Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Pinkhorses22
"

This is 4 years before the main story.

"
I silently crept through the forrest, trees towering me on every side, leafy in the scorching heat of summer. The moon was shining bright and full, making it easier to see the ripened fruits I searched for. I was just heading home, a little home that you need to use a muddy, icky, buggy tunnel to get into. My new wolf, black and thick furred, once a leader of a pack, welcomed me. Her name was Star.
Moments later I heard my parents whispering in the forrest; of course I had to investigate. "That girl has so many allies, even after we explained the weakness of having them." My dad was annoyed.
"They don't have to stay," My mom added, "We can gather them with our friends and then obliterate them."
"We start at sun-high." My dad finished the discussion.

***

I woke early, but my morning ritual was different today; I had to make things right. I had too many allies for them to all be eliminated. I had been teaching Star English, today I would teach her "attack". Star was a fast learner so she knew what to do by the time my parents woke up.

***

"Let's go," My mom whispered, "We need to find our allies." My dad nodded in agreement and they left. I don't know why they didn't think I heard them. I called Star over with a hand signal and we followed my parents
through the hot, thick undergrowth that caused me to sweat buckets.
We traveled for hours on end to find the clearing that the camp for all my allies was at. They must have followed me here a few times and spied on me. I was so angry. How could my own parents do this to me? "Get in a group and make it tight!" It was my dad, yelling so fiercely I could barely stand it. Immediately silence overwhelmed me, not a single sound was made"If I see anyone get their weapons they will be gone!" My allies were trapped, murmuring to each other in shock and fear as they walked into a group in the middle. I had to save them.
As my parents and their allies closed on the group with their swords and bows, I ran behind a different pine than the small one I was behind. A couple of the endangered people noticed me, only glancing at me for a split second before staring at the blade of the nearby sword.
As the four people closed in, ready to obliterate them, I did the one thing I could do. I loaded my bow, and the only thing that came to mind was sorry. I let the arrow fly. I did it again and again, as quickly as possible, until the predators were gone. I could barely contain myself, but I had to for just a couple of minutes.
I walked up to the group, uttering two words, "You're welcome." Over behind a very tall pine tree, I saw a small boy who sat there, crying, but I couldn't comfort him, it would only make it worse. I ran away as quick as I could, as far as I could, then not able to go any further, I sat down and cried my eyes out, Star comforting me.


© 2014 Pinkhorses22


Author's Note

Pinkhorses22
Is there anything you get lost on? Is ther anything you think is cheesy?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 14, 2014
Last Updated on December 14, 2014


Author

Pinkhorses22
Pinkhorses22

About
I consider my writing mature because it is usually pretty violent. I love to write, but my books usually end up being failures. I came here for a little help and to be in a writing group. Most of t.. more..

Writing