Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Pinkhorses22

I walked through the overgrown forrest, hunting. The sun shining its brutal heat atop my short, fur dress. Star swatted at my leg with her paws, scratching my leg just a tad. I whispered, "Go find them!"
Star stalked, sniffing for the faintest scent, a boy. As we finally found him I decided to have some allies. I sprung out at the boy, "Are you on my side?" I pointed my bow at the boy in front of me.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't even have a weapon." the boy widened his eyes, looking straight at the point of my arrow.
"Answer me," I walked closer, making the boy step back as well, not knowing there was a tree behind him. Star barred her teeth, I knew if I just nodded my head the be would be dead or wish he was in a matter of seconds.
He asked, "What happens if I say no?" As I walked closer, he bumped into the large oak.
"I've shot before. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do," I kept walking forward.
"You're just trying to scare me," He was starting to sit down against the large oak tree.
"Answer me." I demanded, "Now." I was about a foot from the boy, who collapsed to the ground. "Well?" My arrow was now touching him, ready to fire at any moment.
"Fine, please just let me go," he conceded. I lowered my bow, for he wasn't armed.
"How have you lasted this long without gear?"
"I'm the president's nephew."
"No. You wouldn't be out here."
"Yes, I am. I snuck out."
"Come on. I have the perfect hideout." I started walking toward my hideout trough the overgrown, seemingly never ending, forrest.
"Wait, you're still taking me with you?" we headed toward the hideout, "Where are your parents?"
"Where are yours?"
"Gone."
"I understand. Mine too."
"I have a few extra bows. You need to learn to shoot."
"Do I really?" the boy asked.
"Yes. How else are you going to survive at my place?"
"Let me get this straight. I don't even know your name and you're asking to teach me how to shoot?"
"Yes. What's your name?"
"I'm Thunder. What's your name?"
"I'm Flare. I'm the best archer in Quarter 3."
"What do you mean by Quarter 3?"
"Survia is square, it has 4 quarters, we are in Quarter 3. You know Survia is our country right?"
"Yes, of course I do. Why would you think I don't know the name of where I live?"
"I've heard it before. Do you know much about this place?"
"No, not really."
"With my plans you need to know about this place. So Survia has 4 quarters, each quarter has 4 quarters called vices. Each vice has 4 survans."
"Why is it like that?" Thunder asked.
"Oh who knows! But anyway, Survia is nearly impossible to escape and if you do they hunt you down and then they end up like our parents."
"They..."
"Yes. That's what they would do," I interrupted, "This place is so horrible that they have to have amazing security to keep us in. The land outside promises great things. That's where I want to be. Free forever, not having to fight for my life every day, doing what I love."
"Has anyone ever gotten out before?"
"Many have died trying but I will be the first to succeed."
"YOU ARE GOING TO TRY?!"
"Whoa, I'm going to get a lot of people on my side the way I did you."
"Okay that's a good plan but won't we all die when they hunt us down?"
"That is a good point but I have a plan for that too."
"I can't help but wonder, how old are you? You look 8 and act 16. What am I supposed to think?"
"You're supposed to think I'm 12. How old are you? And was that a compliment, insult, or neutral?"
"Neutral. I'm 13.
We approached my hideout, seemingly just a little wooden door.


© 2014 Pinkhorses22


Author's Note

Pinkhorses22
I know that it is unfinished. It is as far as I've gotten so far. I am also aware of the hole in the middle of the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on December 14, 2014
Last Updated on December 14, 2014


Author

Pinkhorses22
Pinkhorses22

About
I consider my writing mature because it is usually pretty violent. I love to write, but my books usually end up being failures. I came here for a little help and to be in a writing group. Most of t.. more..

Writing