Die to Time - A Foreign Death

Die to Time - A Foreign Death

A Story by Pix
"

A state dependent memory

"

Come with me to 1984 …… Frankie Goes To Hollywood to Relax, but it’s not relaxing, according to the bbc, it’s explicit.  Mr Richie calls to say, Hello, and Wham! leaves a message - Wake Me Before You Go Go.  Gee, Michael has a Careless Whisper, and “thanks Stevie,” who Just Called To Say I Love You.

It’s an intoxicating time.  I’m young, invincible, giddy, and raving, ceaselessly, loving London – where’s the party at?  Almost every night Chaka says, I Feel For You, but I don’t feel for myself.  Party all night, and work all day.
 
This day – typical; work ends and I clamber down the staircase of Fulham tube station with large glazen eyes, liquid, like a dead fish.  A young girl and a man on the platform he’s far too old for her, looks more like her father than her lover… laugh and mess around, you know, all happy... oh for goodness sake!  I fumble pass.

My headaches, and Foreigner relentless, I want To Know What Love Is, swirling round my brain - all bloody day!  This station really needs signs, how long’s the train gonna be?  I want to know what love is, I want you to show me, - yeah, me too.

Ah finally, it’s here, but wait; the man next to me hits me in the chest, are you bloody mad? I frown; - I Want To Know What Love Is - but wait; the chugging train has just collided with a shrill scream that runs torturously through the spinal cord, terror flashes through the atmosphere like lightening, utter confusion and; abrupt calm. 

                          AND FOR A MOMENT, EVERYTHING STOPS!

We’re asked to make our way back up the stairs. We comply gravely in mass silence.  We pass the most unnatural smell of external and internal mortality.  I may throw-up. 

The papers call it a tragedy; she just sixteen and he thirty, and having his legs amputated like that, at the scene.

He tries to save her, but that’s futile – eternally hopeless.  By the end of the year Band Aid asks, Do They Know It’s Christmas?


Stimulus modality also sensory modality is one aspect of a stimulus. There are many modalities: temperature, taste, sound, pressure. The type of sensory receptor activated by a stimulus plays the primary role in coding the stimulus modality.

                                    
 

© 2008 Pix


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting read. Made me laugh too. Good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2008

Author

Pix
Pix

About
I'm a photographer. Photography has always been my passion with writing as the only other. I love music and am obsessed with technology. At the moment I am attempting to transfer my photography ski.. more..

Writing
A Roaming Soul A Roaming Soul

A Poem by Pix


On Reflection On Reflection

A Poem by Pix


A Roaming Soul A Roaming Soul

A Poem by Pix