When Darkness Falls....

When Darkness Falls....

A Poem by Yellow Butterfly
"

My brother has had this illness for most of his life.... it really does take a very special and patient person to understand the mind of a Schizophrenic..... MY MOTHER!!!

"



Shadows appear as dusk sets in not knowing what morning brings...
Conversations make no sense voices bellow when mobile phone rings...
Hears nothing yet trying to grasp as the voices inside the mind sings...
Irresponsible and uncontrollable behaviour unhinges unpleasant mood swings...
Zero knowledge cannot comprehend the torment in the mind...
Out of control unable to process why the human brain is this unkind...
Paranoia sets in walls close in searching and seeking cannot find...
Helpless cries lost in a world where a psychotic mind cannot rewind....
Rabid moods under the light of the full moon as the clouds creep...
Emotionless are the expressions yet the pain is real and the cut is deep...
No one can hear the silent cries nor see the vacant eyes that weep...
Irrational behaviour turning preposterous thoughts around a mind that can’t sleep...
Changing the way we view this illness may help to reduce their distress...


© 2021 Yellow Butterfly


Author's Note

Yellow Butterfly

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Hi YB you have made this work very well and are getting better and better at these Acronymic type of verses.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very honest write that will resonate with many, whether they or someone they love are facing this illness. It is one that is truly misunderstood and it takes great strength, courage and wisdom to write so openly and honestly, portraying raw emotion that is not only read, but felt. The entire structure was brilliant, brought forth more power and conviction in your words, truly impressed.




Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very open and frank, indeed a brilliant poem the way you have expressed the severe difficulties displayed and of dealing with the debilitating symptoms of a much misunderstood mental condition, all interwoven in the first letters of the illness itself... Schizophrenic !

A commendable write & highly commendable of you to share it !

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is such a deep meaningful write, YB - this was written to perfection, I liked how you made it into an Acorstic. It honestly gave me chills and was a really thrilling write. Combined with the music, it was thrilling.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I have to say this is heartfelt... the way you introduce the lines and each one transfers to the reader... and you even do so with a theme... with the Acrostic and rhyme scheme... I liked the movie: A Beautiful Mind... about paranoid schizophrenia with John Nash... played by Russell Crowe... A movie I've watched more that a few times to get at the heart of the movie... My sister is bipolar and I can only feel for you about your brother... again understanding and learning the disorder is difficult... yet one must have patience in the whole mess of things...

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is what I needed to read tonight. Executing an Acrostic poem with this big a word and this deep a meaning is indeed no easy task but you executed and that to with perfection. The Music and Presentation were to die for they just gave the chills to an already thrilling read. The context I enjoyed tremendously as psychological,medical and horror is what I thrive and write on. Great job, if you have more thrilling writes like these please message me and let me know so I can read them, cause honestly I enjoy writing such as this. -CM

Posted 10 Years Ago


Unrelenting and torturous, you've captured it magnificently in this one YB...music is perfect too. I give anyone tons of credit who has to deal with this kind of mental illness. Your mother must be a saint. As mom's, we do what is required. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So sad and tormenting and even heartbreaking especially when it happens to our family members or friends. May God give you the wisdom and strength to handle all of that... A very well written poem on this subject....:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


there can be no more complex thing than the human mind/body.......I feel for you...and hope that all can be made well soon........You get the message across so well in this poem Yellow

Posted 10 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

705 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 14, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2021


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..