Chapter 7: Awakening

Chapter 7: Awakening

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1

Sarah slowly began to wake up, crinkling her nose as it had a tickle feeling, rubbing it and shifted herself to the right, only to fall onto a hard floor.

     “Oww!” Sarah said in agonizing pain. Her head throbbed and the room was spinning, irritating her. She clutched her head, commanding for the dizziness to stop, but it wouldn’t go away.

     “Princess?” A voice asked. Sarah tried to see who it was, but the constant dizziness made it hard to see, giving her the image of two figures.

     “STOP!” She ordered. She was lifted up and set up straight by the figure, everything beginning to return to normal, but the dizziness still lingered. When she opened her eyes again, she saw the Doll Maker, unaware who he was.

     “Are you okay?” He asked.

     “Who are you?” Sarah asked, dazed and out of it.

     “I’m the Doll Maker. I saved you from Earl and Calcifer.” The Doll Maker said.

     “Wait, Jack? Where’s Jack? Where’s Jack?!” Sarah asked, panicking as she realized she was in a different surrounding, Jack nowhere to be seen.

     “Calm down. That man was working for Earl and you were this close to being in Earl’s clutches.” The Doll Maker scolded, holding Sarah still. He felt her forehead which was burning up and ordered her to lie down, but she refused.

     “No! Let me go! I just wanna go home! Jack said he would get me back home and I believe he will! Take me to Jack! I-I…I miss my family.” Sarah said, tears beginning to form.

     “Princess, you don’t feel well. If you want to see that man ever again then you’ll have to do as I say.” He said. Sarah looked at him with teary eyes and lied down. “Good girl. I’ll be right back with some hot herbal tea and a wet clothe to bring your fever down.” He soon left the room, leaving Sarah all alone with stuffed animals to keep her company.

     Did he make all these? She wondered. The dizziness came back, but this time it was very little and wasn’t all bad, but made her eyes widen with fear of passing out. The Doll Maker came back in with the wet clothe, placing it over Sarah’s forehead.

     “Poor thing; you’re burning up. That kiss sure gave you a great deal of pain.” He said stroking Sarah’s cheeks. He had no intention of doing anything to harm Sarah, only heal her sickness and something the king and all servants, including Calcifer, wouldn’t help her with. “Take as much time getting better Princess.”

   He soon left the room again to fetch the herbal tea. He had Sarah sit up slightly so she could drink the tea. At first she cringed at the taste of the tea, but then soon gulped it all down, bit by bit until it was all gone. There was a bit of an after taste in her mouth, but it was gone in an instant.  She was laid back down to rest and she fell into deep sleep.

~***~

Morning came by faster than expected, the light creeping in and morning dew all across the grass outside. Sarah began to slowly wake up and her dizziness seemed to be gone. She slowly sat up and realized she was still in her ball gown from the annual ball the night before.

     “Uhn…what happened?” She asked herself.

     “Ah! You’ve woken up Princess.” The Doll Maker said coming into the room. “How are you feeling?”

     “Huh? O-oh, uh, I don’t know…better?” Sarah said.

     “That’s a relief.” The Doll Maker said grinning.

     “How’d I get here?” Sarah asked.

     “Ah, it seems you have forgotten. Well, you see, I noticed you and the man you were with and immediately knew he was working for Earl.” The Doll Maker said. “When he kissed you, well, let’s just say I didn’t see that coming and as soon as I saw Calcifer, I had to jump in and save you.”

     “Uh…what do you mean?” Sarah asked. That kiss must have done something to her memory too cause she was at a total loss of what had happened.

     “How deep was that kiss?” He asked glaring.

     “W-what do you mean? What kiss? I never had my first kiss yet!” Sarah said.

     “Oh my god. That kiss must have cleared out your memory…though; you still remember that man…interesting…and a promise too.” He pondered aloud. “One minute, stay here, I need to get a few things.”

   Sarah was left alone once again and looked so utterly confused. Though, with the dolls there, they kept her company, yet, being alone with all these dolls also was a tad bit creepy. So creepy, Sarah got up and left the room to find her way out. There were dolls everywhere; torn and new. It was so big of a place; Sarah had no idea where she was going.

   The Doll Maker came back in and seeing Sarah was gone, he had turned around, searching for her. He heard footsteps and the rustling of a very large dress.

     “What did I say?” He said tapping Sarah’s shoulder, startling her. “I told you to stay in that room.”

     “I’m sorry! I was just-”

     “It doesn’t matter.” He sighed placing his hand on Sarah’s head and ruffling her hair. “Now that you’re doing better, I can help you. Follow me.”

     “Help me? With what?” Sarah asked, following The Doll Maker.

     “You’ll see.” He said. They came outside the house and were welcomed to a large patch of grass, a pond, and a large mountain off in the distance with clouds forming around it. Sarah looked at everything in awe till she was pulled along and came in the middle of the grassy area.

     “What’s going on?” Sarah asked. “Why am I here?”

     “Calcifer and King Fronz Waldorf told you about your powers, but they never intended on helping you awaken them fully.” The Doll Maker informed.

     “My…powers? What are you talking about?” Sarah asked.

     “…………Okay, I think I should help you get back your memory first.” He said and took Sarah’s wrist. “I’ll take you to the Great Fairy and she’ll help you with your memory loss problem……that is, if she’s there today.”

     “Great Fairy?” She asked.

     “You’ll see.” He said.

~***~

Jack was resting in a room all by himself after what had happened in the garden. He so very much wished that never would have happened, but it did and he lost Sarah. He had to go apologize to her. He had to find her and tell her he was so sorry for his actions back there. He couldn’t stop thinking about Sarah; so much he suddenly sat up, eyes still closed and staggered to the door. Once he touched the door handle, his eyes opened and he had better posture. He walked out of the room, roaming through the castle halls till he came outside to the castle gates. Now, either Jack was wide awake, or he was sleep walking.

~***~

     “Humph. That Doll Maker is a real nuance. Whatever, this is act two. So long as I get my hands on the Elemental Princess, I’ll be able to rule all worlds.” Earl said.

     “Daddy!” Road said popping in next to her father.

     “Hello Road.” Earl said hardly paying attention.

     “Daddy, I just met the cutest boy ever! I mean- a really good boy to use to get our hands on that one girl! If I bring him to you, will you give him a curse?”  Road asked.

     “Sure, whatever you want dear.” He said not listening to anything to she said. Road squealed and gave Earl a large hug and cheered, “THANK YOU!!” and disappeared into the shadows, Earl resuming his thoughts on how to get Sarah and Jack.

~***~

Sarah and the Doll Maker came to a large fountain in a cave and it looked to have been deserted for quite some time. The Doll Maker indicated for Sarah to stay where she was while he approached the fountain.

     “Great Fairy, I have someone of importance here who has lost some of her memories.” He called out. There was dead silence for a few seconds until suddenly, there was a gust of wind and Sarah felt hands on her shoulders. The figures touch was so peaceful; she couldn’t turn herself around to see who it was.

     “The Princess of Elements…the chosen one.” The mysterious figure said. It was a female’s voice. She placed her hands over Sarah’s eyes and there was a golden glow. Once it ended the woman moved her hands away; Sarah’s eyes had turned into a golden color and her facial expression was emotionless.

     “My lady?” The Doll Maker asked, wondering what the woman was up too.

     “I have put her into a deep sleep till I can recover her lost memories. If you would be so kind to leave us be until then? You’ll be able to do your part after.” The woman said. The Doll Maker bowed and walked out, leaving Sarah with the woman.

   The woman led the emotionless Sarah over to the fountain and gently helped her into the water. The woman was walking on the surface of the water and sunk into it with Sarah going in as well. Because Sarah had no emotions, she didn’t struggle for air, but she still wasn’t able to breath. The woman glowed, placing a finger on Sarah’s head and she was able to breath underwater.

~***~

The woman and Sarah surfaced from the fountain, Sarah in the woman’s arms and sleeping. She laid Sarah onto the cave floor and put a golden bracelet on her right wrist with four empty slots at a corner and two empty ones in the middle, side by side. Slowly, Sarah began to wake up, the golden irises returning to her normal hazel sapphire ocean blue eyes. She was surprised by the woman, dressed in a dress that shimmered silver or gold, depending on how you look at it, long silver hair, crystal clear golden fairy like wings, and golden irises.

     “Who are you?!” Sarah asked, crawling backwards.

     “I’m the Great Fairy, Paris.” The said woman, Paris replied. “There is no need to fear me, nor the Doll Maker. We only want to help you with bringing your powers to their full state to stop Earl Taxidermy.”

     “Ra……Sar……ah……Sarah!” A voice called. Turning around to the call of her name, Sarah saw Jack off in the distance. She grew a wide grin and quickly stood up and raced to him calling, “JACK!” She and Jack collided in a hug, Jack stumbling back and falling onto the floor with Sarah Snuggling up to him. “Jack…”

     “Huh? Sarah?” Jack asked. Seems he really did sleep walk.

     “Don’t leave me alone…I don’t like to be alone…I’m afraid I’ll get lost or kidnapped…” Sarah mumbled, tightening her hug on Jack. Jack returned the hug, about to kiss her head, but then remembered the curse and wasn’t sure if it was gone, so he nuzzled her instead in case he was still cursed.

     “Excuse me…Princess?” The Doll Maker said appearing in front of the two, anger in his tone.

     “Ekk!” Sarah shrieked, hiding her face in Jack’s chest. Jack held her close, comforting her, knowing she was just really scared and still unaccustomed to the people here.

     “Sarah, it’s okay. He’s good. I can feel it.” Jack reassured, stroking her hair to hopefully calm her down.

     “Princess, this man will only get in the way of your training. He must stay inside the house or leave elsewhere.”

     “No! Jack can’t leave! He promised me he’d take me back home…” She said. Both men sighed, Jack helping Sarah to her feet and saying, “I’ll be inside my dove. I’ll wait in there until this man here is done helping you.”

     “But-” She began, but Jack placed his fingers on her lips.

     “You’ll be safe. Earl has no power here.” Jack reassured. I think…

   Sarah gazed into Jack’s eyes, his eyes filled with truth. She sighed and let go of Jack, the Doll Maker placing a hand on her shoulder and gesturing her to follow him. She followed and looked back as the two made their way towards the pond area, seeing Jack was heading inside the house.

~***~

Back at the castle, the king was informed on the disappearance of Sarah and Jack and was furious. He muttered to himself and there was soon a knock at his door.

     “Who is it?” He asked.

     “It is Vincent, your majesty. Your favorite son.” Vincent said as if in a teasing way.

     “Come in.” The king grumbled. Vincent entered the Kings quarters and his shadow again began to look distorted once more. “What do you want…?”

     “I have a request.”

     “A request? What might that be?”

     “A request to go out of the castle.”

     “No. Absolutely not, Vincent.”

     “But Sarah has gone missing and so has that man who was with her at the dance!! I have to bring her back cause you told me to keep close to her!” Vincent said. He was getting very upset and just couldn’t take the king any more. “I even kissed her like you told me to; it was terrible…it felt wrong and I lied to her as well, telling her I loved her.”

     “Alright, you may go as long as there are no more beheadings for the day.” The king agreed. Vincent just gave a blank stare and walked out of the king’s room. When the door shut all the way, the king said aloud, “I need the Princess back here and if that man, Jack, is to find her first, she may fall in love with him when she’s supposed to be in love with me! I cannot let Vincent marry Echo. He cannot rule this kingdom. And above all else, Jack must be out of the picture.”

~***~

Sarah and the Doll Maker began to work on awakening the Earth element, but first, Sarah would have to change out of her ball gown dress…or alter it. The Doll Maker pulled out a pair of scissors and decided that it would be better to alter the dress while she had it on, for they don’t have enough time.

     “W-what are you doing?!” Sarah asked, flustering madly as he cut the dress to her knees.

     “Altering your dress, it’s much too fancy and will be uncomfortable to move around in. You’ll be moving a lot, princess.” He said as he snipped the last of the white fabric to let the collected heated air between her legs breath with the wind blowing through to cool it off along with her hair flowing in the air. He then moved onto the sleeves and trimmed it off to show off her bare shoulders.

     “I don’t feel very comfortable…” Sarah said shyly.

     “Corse you don’t, I nearly forgot to get the collar. I‘m sorry, I’ll get that.” He said, but Sarah quickly pushed him away.

     “NO! No, please don’t!” She begged. “I was talking about how the dress is so short and there’re no sleeves!”

     “It’s normal for girls to wear their clothes like this here.” He said. “Now let me just snip the top off please.” He took Sarah by the scruff of her dress and began to snip off the collar. Once the last snip was done, Sarah stumbled back and her dress now looked torn and ripped. The Doll Maker then pulled out a red silk bag and opened it, scooping some type of object onto his hand and blew sparkling dust onto Sarah. She instantly began to glow all over and once it ended, the tears and rips were fixed and her ball dress looked more like a sundress now and the glass slippers changed into knee high boots.

     “UWAAHH!!! W-what did you just do?!” Sarah exclaimed, flustering.

   Jack had come to a window and saw Sarah acting embarrassed like.

   He chuckled.

     “My dear sweet Sarah, she is just too darn cute when she becomes flustered…If only I were to hold her in my arms and kiss her all I’d like. She could become flustered in my presence…But until I can truly confirm the curse is no longer in affect, I cannot risk putting my princess in any more danger.”



© 2012 PokemonFan#1


Author's Note

PokemonFan#1
I finished this, but need to go over it, if there are any mistakes, plz wait to point it out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on July 24, 2012
Last Updated on November 24, 2012


Author

PokemonFan#1
PokemonFan#1

In a land only Alice was said to go to; through the tunnle and down the rabbit hole; Wonderland, AZ



About
I am.... ☐ Single ☐ Taken ✔ Mentally married to Jack Vessalius I am a Pokémon geek, Mormon, singer, artist, writer and a picky eater.... I like to read mang.. more..

Writing
Chap 1 Chap 1

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1