Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Cecile Wonder

Chapter Three

"Come on Max, You're going to be late if you don't hurry up." I yell down the hall. Zie and I have been going out for two weeks now and this week they are staying at my house, which I haven't exactly told my parents about. Max rushes down the hall and grabs my hand as I grab Zie's and my backpacks. Zie is standing by the door waiting for us and I kiss her before letting  her head outside.

    We drop off Max before going to pick up Alex and then Malissa. "Hey man, we need to talk later." Alex tells me as he gets in.

    "I told Malissa, you should probably tell Alex." Zie whispers.

    "Okay, but I need to tell you something first. Zie and I... We had sex." Alex's mouth drops open as Malissa gets in.

    "When!?"

    "Umm... My first night there. Sorry man, but I wasn't sure Zie wanted you to know but apparently she doesn't mind." i look over at Zie and lower my  voice so only she can hear me. "I think we should tell them about the stupid project." Zie bites her lip and nods.

    "There's one more thing that we both need to tell you..." Zie trails off as the our friends look over at us.

    "The reason we started dating is because of our project in Chemistry. But that's not the reason we are together now. We decided by the first week of us dating that project or not we are together because we want to be." I finish up for her. Malissa glares at me and Alex shakes his head.

    "How long is this project?" He asks.

    "Til the end of this month. Look we would have told you before, but we aren't allowed. If anyone finds out you guys knew why we started dating, we get zeros on the project." I look at Malissa and hope that she understands.

    "Also, you're our best friends and we felt bad not telling you before anyone else. Please don't be mad you guys. Honestly we haven't worked on our project once. Not the report or the journal. We don't see that there is a project at all anymore so we may take a zero anyways." Malissa and Alex laugh and shake their heads at us.

    "It's all good girl. We aren't mad, just shocked. Plus I know you love him. You were a damn virgin before him. Though this definitely explains why you two started dating." We all laugh at that. Alex punches my shoulder and kisses Zies' cheek.

    "Hey, did you two at least use protection?" Alex asks.

    "No... It's not like she'll get pregnant this time. I mean the odds of it are like one in a hundred." Zie's laugh is nervous, but I push my worry away as we get out of the car for school. Class starts in five minutes so we head to our lockers to drop off our stuff and head to first hour.

    "I love you Ace."

    "I love you too princess. Come on let's see if we can actually learn something today."

    Second hour comes around and Alex can't stop teasing me. "Will you shut up you asshat." I joke, not minding his teasing. "Hey, but seriously, can we go shopping for the rings before the end of the month. I want to propose when we tell the class our project."

    "Yea, if you can be away from her for an hour."

     "So... Is it just me or is Zie getting fatter?" Eric asks. I look over at Alex in exasperation. I didn't think Eric would say anything else after I smashed his face in.

    "Dude, really? Didn't he show you last week not to mess with him?" Alex growls. Eric just laughs.

    "I don't listen to suicidal people. They're a bit psycho don't you think?" I roll my eyes at Alex and look at Eric.

    "Shut your mouth. you're an idiot and I swear you'll have more than your face smashed in this time."

    "You wouldn't get so defensive if it weren't true. Plus I hear you stayed a whole week at Zie's house. Why else would you be there."

    "Who told you that?" Alex asks as I sit back.

    "His mom. She still thinks that we should be friends and wants me to change his mind about Zie. Isn't that sad? Even his own mom doesn't approve of Zie." I look down at my hands that are balled up tightly.

    "So now you're a stalker? Stay away from my house or I will get a restraining order." I spit. I'm way more pissed at my mom now than him, but he's still here. Alex pulls on my arm and we leave before anything else can be said.

    "Dude, calm down." Alex says as I slam my fist into a locker.

    "I can't. He went to far this time. I don't want Zie to get hurt in anyway. I love her and and... Ugh!" I punch the locker again and Alex pulls me away.

    "That's why I wanted to talk to you. We need to go ring shopping. You should propose to her at the end of the month. Shut all these idiots up."

    "You're right. I'm sorry bro." Alex looks down at my hand and sighs.

    "F**k Ace, what the Hell are you going to tell Zie?" I look down and see that my hand is swollen like a softball and wince.

    "Maybe she won't notice it?" I ask hopefully. Alex just rolls his eyes and starts walking in the direction of the girls classroom. We sit down and chat about Eric and the best way to take care of him without hurting him, but can't find anything.

    "You two need to stop walking out of class." Malissa says pulling on Alex's arm. Zie grabs my swollen hand and I try not to thrust my arm away. Alex smirks at me as I slap his arm.

    "Umm... What happened to your hand Ace? Did you get in a fight?" Zie looks pissed as she examines my hand.

    "Technically, and I lost. It was with a locker." Malissa turns around and laughs at me before quieting because of the look on Zie's face.

    "Why Ace? I don't want you in trouble or hurt. Is that so hard to ask of you..." She trails off and I look at her in shock.

    "Zie, I'm sorry. I'm fine okay. Eric was being a jerk and saying s**t about you and you know how I feel about people talking s**t about you. He's been stalking me for pete's sake."

    "Oh..." She takes a deep breath and tugs on my arm. "I'm sorry, I just don't feel too well and I shouldn't be taking that out on you. I love you." I pull her closer and kiss her.

    "I love you too princess. Let's get to class. See you next hour Alex." Malissa, Zie and I hurry to class and take our seats just as the bell rings.



   

    At the end of the day Zie and I drop off Alex and Malissa and head to pick up Max. "I should probably tell you that I haven't told my parents about this arrangement yet." I say as Max gets buckled.

    "Really Ace!?... Oh God..."

    "It'll be fine. I'm spoiled since I'm an only child. Trust me."  Zie rolls her eyes and drives in silence. Once at my house I grab their duffle bags that will stay at my house and grab Max's hand as Zie scoots closer to me. Mom and Dad are in the living room watching t.v. but turn it off  when I come in.

    "Ace... Why do they have bags with them?" Mom asks. I motion for Zie to take Max down stairs.

    "Mom, didn't I tell you that Zie and Max are going to spend the week here?" I say sweetly.

    "How could you? You haven't been home in a week." Dad points out and I glare at him.

    "Well I meant to ask you guys. I did, but I've already promised them they could stay and I can't break that promise." My Mom crosses her arms. "Please you guys. Those two mean everything to me. And if you say no I'm packing up my stuff and moving to there house permanently."

    "Fine Ace... You do whatever you want anyways. Just know you are going to get screwed over in the end. What will you do if you get her pregnant? You don't have a job. You can't support her and a child."

     "I will stay by her side no matter what happens. I love her."

"Will she stay by yours though?" Dad intervenes and I feel like I've been shot.

    "Yes. I have no doubts that she will stay. Now I'm joining them." I storm downstairs and Zie hugs me tight. "Sorry." I mutter. She pulls me to the bed and we sit down as I hold them close.

   "Don't be. I've never been happier than right now. No guy has ever told their parents they love me... I love you Ace and I won't leave you."

    "I know that Zie. Have you noticed that we've been fighting a lot more lately? Well you get angrier at me quicker that is."

    "Yea, I'm sorry Ace. I love you and I hate that we are fighting. I just don't feel too well right now."

    "Okay. I just wanted to make sure nothing else was going on. I love you too princess." Mom calls for me to set the table and I signal for them to follow me. "Max you need to pull out five spoons, five forks, and five knives. Zie you can get plates and cups."

    "Daddy? I want to sit by you." I smile as Zie rolls her eyes at me.

    "He was supposed to be a momma's boy Ace." She jokes



© 2016 Cecile Wonder


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on March 16, 2016


Author

Cecile Wonder
Cecile Wonder

Bellevue, MI



About
I love reading writing and music. My life practically revolves around these three things. I love to meet new people and to read others writing. I'm all for criticism, for it makes me a better writer. .. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Cecile Wonder


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Cecile Wonder