Pessimist

Pessimist

A Poem by Pritesh
"

Here is the narration of a man just deprieved of every hope and love of this nasty world....I HOPE YOU'LL LIKE IT.

"
The endless, barren life is vain.
Shorn off hope and all disdain.

Only can I hear the solitary voice:
"No reason with you to rejoice!".

My luck pretends never to shine.
"Where will lead the destiny mine!".

The incredulous world to my thought ever,
enlisted my mind in the eccentric fewer.

In the world renounced none to criticize.
Even the upcoming hell not to me a surprise.

The brief statement I only insist:
"No sight is worse than pessimist".

© 2013 Pritesh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Pritesh,
Short poems should never be apologised for. It is more difficult to capture emotion and vision in them. You have done a great job here in a lovely poem with good meter and metaphor. You are young you will get over such set backs enjoy life and don't be a victim be a vixen!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pritesh

11 Years Ago

thanks!
Jasmine Thurber

11 Years Ago

Good poem.I think you did great, I bet you will do a lot better on the next poem you make.hope you h.. read more
Pritesh

11 Years Ago

thanks!



Reviews

It makes me think. I have a strong streak of misanthropy in me, so I am favourably disposed to pessimists. Arguably, the pessimist - if he can perfect his position - sheds all illusions, dreams, fantasies, sensual distractions, hope and finds a rare sense of freedom. This I think is what perfect pessimism can do for us. Alas, there is a terrible paradox in all this, as by his very nature no pessimist can ever permit that he will perfect his pessimism and so can never achieve said free. You made me think. That shows the poem works. You found a fulcrum and pulled at your lever and moved me to think. I hope you will tell m what you think of my thoughts :)))

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am optimistic your pessimism will subside.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very Nice!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"essentric" - eccentric?
"criticise" - criticize?

Using a second language and dealing in rhyme are very difficult. Your pronunciation may not quite equate to a native speaker's pronunciation and hence your rhyming will be off the mark. To you it "sounds" fine but to me several are not quite right.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really good. I love how you've presented the lines in couplets. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



7
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2401 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on February 11, 2013

Author

Pritesh
Pritesh

India



About
I am of the common species of teenagers that rarely has a single trait uncommon, but the only thing that I hold distinct is perception.I deem, to have a unique perspective is to personify one's charac.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mankind Mankind

A Poem by Tate Morgan


In the Box In the Box

A Chapter by R E Tree