Sadness

Sadness

A Story by William Propsner
"

Being sad is a part of life. Sometimes it controls you and sometimes you control it.

"

Sadness. It seems to be with you always, no matter what the circumstances.

But for many, including this writer, have hidden memories of the sad events in one's life that can not be just swept away.

You can have family that leave this Earthly coil and you think about them once in a while. You remember the voices, you remember the little things that made you happy to have them in your life.

Then you remember the sadness of their passing. You remember the tears, the thoughts of not having them in your life any longer.

Then there are the sad times that you lose a pet, a dog, a cat or your favorite horse. Sometimes, because you knew the animal and felt the personality of the pet that makes the pain hurt the most.

This writer remembers one special dog in his life that keeps him awake some nights when he thinks of him.

His name was 'Snoop'. A small mongrel that was the son of one of my parents dogs.

Snoop followed me everywhere I went. Our bond was tight, so close that we could feel how the other felt.

He was small with the colors of a border collie. Black and white with white socks. He had a loving personality. In his short six years of life, I have never seen him angry.

Since he was a mongrel, he had what a lot of mix breeds have as a handicap. He was an epileptic.

His epileptic episodes didn't last long, when he had them, I would comfort him and they would stop.

The day that he passed, I was at work. I felt his pain but was not receptive to what the pain that I felt was at the time. After, I realized that it was Snoop telling me that he was in trouble.

After I left work, when I got home, I found out that he had died.

I reburied him with his favorite toy and his favorite blanket and placed him in a strong plastic bag and buried him.

All the while I had tears flowing.

That was 38 years ago. And sometimes when I think of him, I end up crying.

Sadness, it can control you or you can control it. At times, my sadness will take over, but when I think of good things that I had, I feel better.

I try not to let my sadness take over my life. I know that someday, i'll be with all my family and pets who have left. I will keep believing that.

Be happy with the memories you cherish. You can be sad at times, but don't let it control your soul.

God Bless

© 2023 William Propsner


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on October 1, 2023
Last Updated on October 1, 2023
Tags: Sadness, happiness, love, remembrances

Author

William Propsner
William Propsner

Artesia, NM



About
Finally became a published author. Live in Artesia, New Mexico USA Navy Veteran 1971 - 1977 more..

Writing