Forever With the Mockingbird

Forever With the Mockingbird

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

My contribution to the pantheon of mockingbird poems. Please read author notes

"

This poem has moved. Be sure to click on the youtube link below to read and listen:)


Audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP3EodGw_iE






Published in Strays. Available on Amazon.



Strays is a collection of two extended narratives and more than forty love-themed poems, exploring the meaning of romantic love while we have it and attempting to find the healing after its loss. Found within these pages is the short story Gutter Dog, the novelette Ginni, and the poems False Skin, the Boy Who Wore Clothes, and the Black-Wit Reveller.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
This piece was composed quite awhile ago. At the time, I believed that another had denied me romantic love, obviously as the content above would suggest, I felt my due. By certain measures this individual did indeed behave badly, leading one along the garden path so to speak, ending our relationship because of a more easily recognizable pull of ego. But I realize now, he was no more guilty of ego than I. I thought he might somehow fulfil me. The second stanza represents this, the laying of one bare so the other can heal you. An impossible thing to ask from another human being and he fled. Who could blame him, really? But still, I did not give over to what was and I waited him out. He won. Tears to shards, I created my own suffering again by not accepting what was. So as the title would suggest the joke really was on me, but not for the reason I thought. The last stanza has now taken on entirely different meaning. I assure you, It is not my heart that is lost and forgotten. And it's not him either.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Marvelous poem with great use of metaphor

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Baby.
this poem is a very nice pryde. i love how symbolic the word you write such as this part of it.
I waited out the winter
In a nest warmed with melancholic faith
Tears to shards and shards to tears
Certain in spring, with the melt, you’d return
You returned with the mockingbird

it symbolizes the suffering you caused yourself by waiting for him and not accepting what was and got hurt even more when he returned with the mockingbird that replaced you. and how your home with melancholic faith.overall i think this poem is very well dictated and it shows us the story through it and how you felt about what happened and what you learned from the experience.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Very kind. Thank you, Gregory:)
Very nice Pryde.
The mockingbird is a little cliche but you pulled it off here.
To be replaced by a mockingbird... Dang it.
Oh well... What can you do but sing your song? Authenticity defines itself.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, David. Yes, I know the poor mockingbird gets used and abused by us poetic types, but you .. read more
 David Scott

9 Years Ago

;). I understand. You did the metaphor justice.
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
You found yourself, and this poem, in the experience, Pryde. Growth always brings some pain, but you have found the wisdom. Well penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks again, sweet Rita:)
I agree with Ron, it is definitely his loss. If he didn't want you or the feelings were not mutual the sod him. You're a gorgeous woman with a beautiful heart and soul and you deserve the very best in everything. Touching poem for sure.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, noodle. But not to worry, life is long and I am happy in the now. I do wish the same for .. read more
My voice has lost its melody
My winged-heart is clipped
But still it’s found flight
what a wonderful self attached poetry that anyone can relate to in a beautiful deep way Pryde, lovely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Latifa:)
first .. your reading of this on y-tube is a wonderful added treat .. nice job .. the mocking bird will never loose its allure to poets and readers alike says i .. one can go to so many places with it .. and it is perfect for the deception this man embraced .. so sad that it is a mistake and sin that most men use and/or hide behind ... the greater tragedy is that your "man" comes back as the mockingbird again .. Dale Carnegie states that the only mistake we make is when we persist in it :) i am sad along with you Pryde .. we all have to take our own special time to recover completely ...
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, E. And I was sad for a long-time, but now except for the goodwill I hold for this man, al.. read more
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

yes! and yes again! the shoe wears on both feet and silly me ... having been there ... would probabl.. read more
well it was his loss pryde you penned your feelings well

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Ron:)
Wow an extraordinary poem, but I expect nothing less from you. Yes we can live on through the pains life brings when we find hope in the beauty of the future.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Very kind. Thank you, rock and roll.
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome.
that was really good!!! it tells a really good story :) keep it up :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Justin.
Justin

9 Years Ago

your welcome pryde, i really enjoyed it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1159 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on September 7, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..