Seven Revisited

Seven Revisited

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A reading

"
Seven Revisited
To read and hear this poem, please click the link below









Seven Revisited is published in Monsters and available from amazon.com

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
Perhaps it is time we took another look at the sins of ego. Discussion very much welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoy the sound of your voice in these poems Pryde, you do have a reading voice which enhances your words and their meaning.... as for a conversation on ego, sins, etc.. this is a discussion that is definitely needed but also one that does not lend itself to short, or off the cuff answers. But if to actually share and learn things from every angle, then more is required. There are two main approaches to this I think (more, but 2 main ones), idealism that is ideas divorced from the material reality of the real world and materialism, looking and understanding reality and it's changingness and based on this (as best we can at any particular time) changing this reality through action, struggle, etc.

In this materialist view, there is no sin, and no static human nature and so even self and self interests change according to the changes in the world. And further it is not so much as case of know thyself, as it is a confront and change the world and in the process you can and will also change yourself. While on the surface this seems like just verbal changing the order of how you express things, it really is a world of difference and you can really not affect things if just trying to change people's thinking without changing the world that gives rise to this thinking.. in other words, changing reality and changing thinking...

From the time humans started to converse and express themselves to each other in art, language, music etc., there has been debate and struggle over these ideas of knowing and being... I like Marx"s statement that philosophers have only looked to explain the world. The point is to change it!

Just a beginning in this discussion Pryde. The world is indeed a horror for literally billions, and in real need of radical change, including in themselves as well. I live by this point of view: "Fight the power, and transform the people for revolution". All three parts of this view are linked and necessary if we truly want a different and better world...

So I welcome both your views on this (as expressed in your poem and as you have read them) and your invite for there to be much needed discussion on this as well. Maybe, there can be a different culture developed here at WC and all the snarkiness and plagiarism, and innuendo and attacks on people can be done away with so that we can create and enjoy our potential....
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Here, here, Curt. I will definitely feature your review. I agree we need a revolution … but first .. read more



Reviews

Amazing verbal poetry my friend.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Coyote:)
╰☆╮I was obsessed with the seven deadly sins in high school, so I really appreciate how great this poem is. Thank you for sharing it.╰☆╮

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Brittany.
I love this...ego is more than we think at times...you go beyond the meaning and symbolism and deliver it straight to the soul xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Poppy:)
There is such a fullness.. such a life you share in your words.. and to hear your voice.. your heart share the words.. this only makes it a more beautiful experience.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Craig:)
exactly. this is a smart write. truthful, powerful - sometimes when we turn things on end we see we have the answer, the cure, the antidote. All within our grasp.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

So true. Thank you, Tammy.
Almost like a modern take on an ancient idea(l)! well done, a great read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

That was the goal. Thank you, Thomas:)
Wisdom smartly delivered, concisely and eloquently. As your craft grows with style, we will see the arrival of first 'Digital Prophet'. Thanks a lot for inviting.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Avinash. Those would be big cyber boots to fill indeed.
Nicely phrased, and spoken. I know I suffer from the sins of ego, but try to move past them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Jon. Glad you enjoyed.
I heard this short but powerful poem from your magical voice. The wisdom is clear cut about the ego...Excellent...:)........................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami. Were the ancient mystic pointing at the ego when they spoke of the deadly sins? I t.. read more
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:).......
Beautiful! This really reflects how when we change our moods it's then we realized how blinded we were in the previous mood. You ask yourself, "Why didn't I do this? Why did I do that?" It all seem so clear now that you are in a higher level of thinking than before, until your blinded again in the new mood. Well done and of course your voice sounds great :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Amber. You described perfectly the circular nature of the ego and moods.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

899 Views
26 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 10, 2014
Last Updated on October 11, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..