The Starling and the Willow: a Love Story … audio

The Starling and the Willow: a Love Story … audio

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

No perch is meant to be forever …

"
The Starling and the Willow
A Love Story



Click on the link to read and hear the poem

The Starling and the Willow is published in Strays and available at the link below or through your local bookstores and libraries.


Strays is a collection of two extended narratives and more than forty love-themed poems, exploring the meaning of romantic love while we have it and attempting to find the healing after its loss. Found within these pages is the short story Gutter Dog, the novelette Ginni, and the poems False Skin, the Boy Who Wore Clothes, and the Black-Wit Reveller.

© 2015 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
Some of you have noticed that I have not been on here very much these days. Circumstance has led me to spread my wings so to speak. As a consequence I have not been able to give to you, my WC friends, the attention that you all so richly deserve. I know with some this has resulted in hurt feelings, and so I have made the decision to let this be my last post on WC for a while. I will not close down my account and I will remain reachable through email. For those of you who wish to continue to see my smiling mug on a regular basis, I welcome your friendship on Facebook and Google Plus. You may also want to keep you eyes peeled for posts on my youtube page. I have gained so much through regular interaction on Writerscafe. It has TRULY been one of the most enriching experiences of my life. I owe you all so much. A very big thank-you from the depth of heart … all you beautiful people.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know this is an old post. I've not been here much this past year myself for so many boring reasons. I'm glad you've been able to branch out in different ways from the WC. This poem was especially rich to listen to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Tammy. It still stands out as one of my favourites:)
Good for you, Pryde! Let your light shine!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Ty, Rachelle.
I'm convinced that you will make it big as a storyteller honestly, haha.
Great story and impressive wording!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Haley. I appreciate your vote of confidence.
remarkable work you've created! and what an unconventional yet effective platform to put your work out there.. really impressed
Keep at it Pryde :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Ty, Roshan.
Hi Miss Pryde Foltz

Fabulous, emotive, original poetry with that special sense of delight and style. This is truly my favorite kind of poetic writing. It tickles, it elates, it imagines itself into reality.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you for this lovely review, SquinklaPsyOps.
SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

I saw some of your videos at YouTube and was able to know a little bit more about yourself and then .. read more
This is such a lovely and meaningful write. I see, I have been away for far too long. So many of you I enjoyed interacting with have gone or lessened their presence here. I wish you well and hope you return soon.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Ty, PH. Feel free to look me up on Facebook:)
Travis Gibson (poetic heroics)

9 Years Ago

I certainly will.
Loved this Pryde. So beautiful.

Be well my dear friend and I cant wait to hear more from you again soon.

Take care

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Troy.
So very well written. I found it as much a parable as a poem. I enjoyed listening very much.

Oh, and bon voyage wherever you journey. T

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Terpsichore.
To find a unique voice worthy of reader/listener's time is not an easy task. To approach nature, given its often nonsensical and mundane body of wordsmithing failures, is to truly take the bull, or in this case, the tree limb by its horns/defensive wares, and truly portray the essence of its natural desire to be at one with the other expressions of nature, as you've so eloquently done here. Kudos.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Ty, Odin, it helps to have a story:)
I loved it, the use of words is very intriguing, bravo

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Latifa.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1034 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 5, 2015

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..