Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Melina A. Cambree
"

Meet 18 year old Duke. Hes the loser of the school. The kid who everyone avoids because he's different. He can't help but avoid people, seeing as how he hates the looks that people send his way

"

Music is something everyone has in common, yet no one will admit that. Thought Duke as he pulled into the parking lot at school. That would mean even the preps have something in common with the losers, and God forbid that ever happen…

   “Yo! Noble! Did you get those pictures for me? I seriously need them for my photog class.”
   “Yeah, here ya go Robby…remind me again why I do your photography assignments? I have much better things to take pictures of.” Duke wasn’t even paying attention to his one friend…he was looking at RaeLynn. He just couldn’t figure her out. He had her friends Becca and Koda all figured out…but her, it was like putting together a puzzle, and every time he thought he had all the pieces and was almost done, he found twelve more.
  “Duke! Seriously, dude, if you’re so obsessed with Conners, just go ask her to prom or something…its not like she has a date or anything.” Robby smirked. He had asked Rae, without any success and was trying to make sure that it wasn’t only him.
   Noble just rolled his eyes. Robby could be such an idiot. “Its not as simple as that and you know it…besides, I just want to find the missing pieces to the puzzle.”
   “What the hell are you talking about man? On second thought, I don’t even want to know…see ya at lunch.”

   Silver eyes glittered with stubborn concentration as Duke tried to get the picture of the bird on the railing. "Why do I get stuck doing this lazy asses homework? Oh that's right because if I don't, he'll tell dad that I broke up with ShayeLin." When something behind him scared away the bird, he let out an exasperated sigh. "Thanks alot."
   "O-oh. I'm sorry. I usually come here to write, and I didn't want to upset you so I was trying to be quiet...but I'm not exactly good at that." RaeLynn murmured as she picked up her bag, and started to leave.
   "No it's okay. I'm just in a s****y mood. What are you writing?" He asked trying to get to spend some more time with her.
   "Nothing really...it's just an essay I have to write for Koda. He needs to get a good grade and God knows he can write song lyrics like no other, but anything else he falls on his face." Blushing she realized she was rambling. RaeLynn, will you stop caring what this boy thinks of you? You've got bigger problems.
   Duke almost asked what the problems she was having were, but then realized that no one was there but the two of them. Damn it...how can someone have someone else in their head? "Wow, RaeLynn...how did you get those bruises?" He reached out and tipped her chin so he could see the bruising better.
   Rae jerked her head from Duke's grip, "It's nothing. You were here first, I'll just go. I'm supposed to go to Tanner's tonight anyway. I'll see you around, okay?" Getting up, she grabbed her bag and started off.
   He knew he couldn't stop her from going, but he also knew that he would never forgive himself if he didn't at least give her an outlet. "RaeLynn, if you ever want to...we can...ummm...talk? I know it's not much of an offer, but it's there."
   RaeLynn turned her head and nodded, with a small smile on her face. "Thank you Duke...it's more of an offer than you could ever know." RaeLynn Elizabeth Conners, you like him don't you? Raelynn's voice said laughing. Shut up you!
   Wait, RaeLynn likes me? 
Duke couldn't help but think, even though he usually hated his thoughts.
 



© 2010 Melina A. Cambree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on March 8, 2010
Last Updated on April 21, 2010


Author

Melina A. Cambree
Melina A. Cambree

TN



About
"Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words." ~ Edgar Allan Poe RaeLynn's Playlist Duke's Playlist Becca's Playlist Tanner's Playli.. more..

Writing