Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Melina A. Cambree
"

A different kind of flashback

"

   "Dad, please let me go stay with mom. I can't stand Tiffany and I want to know my little sister. I'll come up and visit every time you want me too. Please! i'm begging you here." Becca pleaded with her father. She couldn't stand her dad's girlfriend, but she knew her dad loved the woman...so she was solving everyone's problem.
   "Becca, are you sure this is what you want? And that your mother has said okay?" Greg Winter looked at his daughter, wondering when she grew up into such a spirited woman. He had promised her when her mother and him split up, that he would never choose anyone over his little girl...but is that exactly what he was doing?
   "Dad, I promise mom has okayed this...and Daddy, just because I'm going to be living with mom doesn't mean that you broke your promise. This is my choice...I need to get away from here and live my life. I've never lived out of this town. I think it'd be nice to go experience the world before it comes at me head on." Hugging her father she went to go pack her bag, trying not to let the tears of bittersweet joy fall.

   So do I get to come with you? Or do I have to deal with The Terrible Tiffany while you escape? Becca heard a familiar voice ask.
   "You know I want to take  you Banjo, but You know who is allergic to animals" Becca whispered looking around her fairly large room, for her dog.
  
So? He can sneeze all he wants...someone has to protect you from his 'friendly' hands. The dog thought as he jumped on the bed and put his head on his paws, watching Becca.

11 Years Before That Day

   "Becca, what's wrong Sweetie? Why are you crying?" Lee Winter asked her daughter when she saw that Becca was curled in a ball on her small bed.
   Sniffing, Becca turned away from her mother. "Nothing mommy...I just miss daddy. Do you think I can go home tomorrow?"
   Lee knew something wasn't right...just that morning Becca was talking about how she wanted to stay for as long as she could. "Are you sure Becca? You won't be able to come back for awhile. Me and Tucker'll miss you." At the mention of Tucker, Becca started sobbing uncontrolably.
   "What's wrong with her?" Tucker asked as he sat down by his new wife and looked at his five year old step-daughter.
   "I don't know...she won't tell me. But she want's to go back to Greg tomorrow, so I'm going to go pack her." Lee said barely holding back her tears. Her and her ex-husband got along great, but they lived in different states and socail standing...so Lee never got  to see her daughter, besides over the summer when Greg got the chance to send her down to them. She knew Greg would send Becca more if he could, but he was busy making sure his little princess would have everything she ever needed.
   After Lee left the room, Tucker rolled Becca over and glared into her bright violet eyes. "You ever tell anyone about our times together, and I'll make you regret it...got it little girl?" When Becca nodded and more tears started falling from her eyes, Tucker pulled her into a hug. "That's my girl. Now go on outside and play."
  
Pretty girl? Why are your eyes leaking? Becca heard a small voice say as she sat down and started petting a stray puppy that tended to hang around the house. You're so nice to me, you should never have leaky eyes.
   Becca looked down at the brown and white dog and tilted her head, her tears stopped for the moment. "Was that you Puppy?" She sniffed loudly and whiped her eyes on her white dress. "If it was, my name is BeeBee...well actually it's Becca, but I don't like that name. What's yours?"
  
Yup that was me. The dog said and wagged his tail, and sat in her lap. My name is Banjo, and I like my name. Becca giggled and Banjo licked her face. I like that noise...you should do that more often. You shouldn't leak anymore. He cuddled up into Becca's lap. Why were you leaking anyway?
   After a pause Becca told the dog about how her step dad had touched her 'down there' and how he said all step daddies get to do that. "And it's not called leaking you silly Puppy, it's called cryin'."

   Becca looked up to see her mother on the front porch, so she picked up Banjo and ran over to her mother. "Mommy! Can I keep him please! I know daddy won't mind if I tell him, and I promise I'll take real good care of him and everyting! I already asked and he said he don't got a family."
   "Well, since he says he hasn't got a family...I'll call your dad and ask. And if he says okay, you can keep him." Lee laughed when the puppy and Becca both started playing again.
   Thanks for giving me a home BeeBee. Banjo said later that night, as he curled up on the foot of Becca's bed.



© 2010 Melina A. Cambree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010


Author

Melina A. Cambree
Melina A. Cambree

TN



About
"Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words." ~ Edgar Allan Poe RaeLynn's Playlist Duke's Playlist Becca's Playlist Tanner's Playli.. more..

Writing