Maybe, Just Maybe

Maybe, Just Maybe

A Story by ~The Queen~
"

Aly has just read a book about a girl named Michelle who gets the guy. Little does she know that she about to follow suit in this short high school ramance.

"

Aly closed the book she was reading and sighed heavily, her thoughts on the main character. Michelle had got the guy she wanted and she wasn't even good looking.Wow, thought Aly,we seem to have in common. We both like a guy who doesn't seem to notice that you breathe the same air as he does, we both have no sense of fashion and we both are single. Hell, I've been single my whole life. Never even been kissed.
Strolling down the hall of North Senior, she didn't notice that a youn man eying her from across the way. Opening her locker, she shoved her books in and shut the door.Why did Michelle get the guy? I mean we're exactly the same, except she's a fictional character. Well that is one shot against you. This chick could have the nobell prize for breathing underwater and you would have asked 'why not me?'She had a battle inside herself before she noticed young Matt.
Matt was the boy of dreams and the fact that he was staring at her turned her insides to the contents of a water bottle. Runny and wonderful. Then again, he might be staring at a girl behind her. Quickly she glanced behind her and found to her joy and dismay, that there was no one there. 
Oh boy , She said her face heating up.Probably here to comment on my lack of style. Turning to him, she saw a smile on his lips. She licked her's before he began talking.
"Hi Aly, I saw you reading one of my favortie books and I wanted to ask you how you liked it? I thought it was kind of farfetched myself, but the reviews on the back didn't agree with me." He smiled and her inside turned to Jell-O. She nodded. He laughed. She loved his laugh and she was happy she had been the one to drag it out of him. All 6 feet of him was talking to her. He wasn't the most popular, everyone did want to be around him when he was talking. Mostly girls of course, there were the few leeches of the male population who tried to get popular off him. He was the brother of the most hottest grade 12 there was and he seemed to be heading down the same road these days. The fact that he knew she was alive was something of a shock to her.
"I need a more clearer answer then a nod, seeing as how it doesn't really answer anyhting." Aly nodded again, then cleared her throat.
"The nod answers whether I had liked the book. the author empowered Michelle to take a chance on something she had been wanting to do but was to afraid of the out come.." Before she realized what she had said, Matt had begun to ask the next question.
"And what would that one thing be?"
"To ask the boy she was in love with to the up coming dance." Thinking of Michelle, Aly began to think that if Michelle could do it, so could she. But Michelle was a fictional character and didn't have to live the people of  Clete High School. She decided she didn't care. Aly took a deep breathe and continued.
"Speaking of the upcooming dance, would you like to come with me? My dad drives limo and that might be a little over the top but we would come in style so you won't hurt your rep.....nevermind, it would be ruined if you came with me."
She took off down the hall. How could I be so stupid! He'll think I'm a nutzo for asking him. He has tons of pretty girls to chose from. He won't chose me in a million years. He'll forget hopefully. He probably only talked to me because one of his friends dared him. She thought angrily.But you didn't see any of his friends did you? She countered.Oh it doesn't matter. He thinks I'm a desparate girl looking for a boyfriend.
 
Aly was halfway down the hall when what she asked him sunk in. Go to the dance with Aly McLiey. That would cause a few tremors around the school, but he didn't care right now. Aly was different in so many ways. She didn't freak if there was a bug near her. She was an active participater in school activities and she was on the cheerleading team. Even if it was making posters for team try-outs and meets. Running after her, Matt thought of what he was going to say when he DID catch up.
"Hey, relax. I need to ask you another question." Matt said out of breath.Aly looked at him expectantly." I was just wondering if I could get your number, or if we could chill sometime." Aly's eyes widened. Did he just ask me what I think he just asked me?She kept looking at him in disbelief. Matt stood waiting for an answer and when he realized that he wasn't going to get one he laid a hand on hers, effectively snapping her out of a daze.
 "Are you going to answer, or am I out of my league?"Out of your league. Oh I'm out of your league all right, just not in the direction that you think I am. Eyeing him cautiously she opened her mouth to ask a question, then closed it abruptly. Too late he saw it.
"What?" He asked. She rubbed her hands on her jeans.
"It's just, why is this is sudden? You never noticed me before this. Are you on a dare with your buddies to prove you can get a girl to talk to you for 4 minutes then give out her number?" The words poured out of her mouth before she could stop them. She was off again down the hallway. Matt went after her.
"Hold up, where did that come from? Are you angry cause I want your number because if so then I'll ask someone else. Though I'm sure I'd really want to ask anyone else right now." He finished slowly.
"I'm sorry, it's just you never noticed me before so this is quite new to me. You may get girls all the time with a body and face like that but I'm not used to talking to anyone other then my mother." realising what she said, she blushed and got out a pen and paper. "Oh sorry. Sure, here" She jotted down her address and her home phone, with her cell phone number underneath. She was about to turn away when Matt leaned down and planted a kiss on her cheek.
"You really think I have a good body" Aly nodded slowly watching his facial expressions. None were threatening. He smiled.
"Call you later?" Aly nodded. She watched as Matt walked away. Maybe, just maybe I might find the treasure after all. Turning, Aly began her walk home, smiling the whole way.
 

© 2008 ~The Queen~


Author's Note

~The Queen~
Reviewed and editted. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmm.... I think you posted a section of it twice. I thought it was very nice. The characters' actions show their personality (Matt- persistent; Aly- overly cautious but still a bit of a blabbermouth) I noticed some parts where you left out a few words.
I have a character named Aly too, as a side note. But she's a spy :D
I think a very good story. Especially how we are influenced by what we read.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This takes me back to my younger days, I really ike that effect, you have a great way with story telling.
the clarity delivers this writing to its height, the characters bring the storyline to life. Very nice job!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this story Matt and Aly are interesting characters, different personalaties but still cool. Nice write. Oh and once again thanks for your kind comments on ( Once Upon A Time) as always your comments and friendship are much appreciated.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmm.... I think you posted a section of it twice. I thought it was very nice. The characters' actions show their personality (Matt- persistent; Aly- overly cautious but still a bit of a blabbermouth) I noticed some parts where you left out a few words.
I have a character named Aly too, as a side note. But she's a spy :D
I think a very good story. Especially how we are influenced by what we read.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2008
Last Updated on October 2, 2008
Previous Versions

Author

~The Queen~
~The Queen~

Welland, Canada



About
Poems are the gateway to the heart and the soul. It's taken me far too long to realize this. Anything further just send a message or join my group and you'll find out. more..

Writing
Jane Dyer Jane Dyer

A Story by ~The Queen~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..