The main reason for Divorce in America

The main reason for Divorce in America

A Story by Ashley Ann Roberts
"

Today's main reason for divorce.

"

July 6th, 2015

Divorce. For the most part, divorce is hard and it's lonely. Whether it's the reason or the act. Especially as a child. It seems the couples today don't have the same foundation as couples did 30 years ago.


Today, it was explained to me that large corporations are behind divorce in America. Just think about it. When families split, there are two of everything. Two houses. Two Thanksgivings. Two sets of meal times. Two Christmases. And suddenly, everything has doubled.


The only people who benefit from our divorces are the people who collect America's money. The government is controlling us with out us even knowing it.  They paint out society as if it was a new set of guidelines we were to follow. Promising to happy life. Well, society promises nothing but an empty pocket and a life circling the drain.


Movies, TV shows, and Ads carry the main responsibility for making us think the way we do. Exposing addiction, lust, greed, violence, etc. America as a whole take these ideas and try to fit them in with real life. We try to solve our problems out, using these tactics, when really , the only way to solve our problems is to face them ourselves instead of filling in more negativity. When we try to fill our voids, we spend money on food or drugs, lust or violence. The money goes to the corporations which go to the government which means a better profit for them, then when families stay together. 


The more we lean on our government, the more they will turn us upside down to shake out our pockets clean. There will be more divorces. More influence from our society, and more depression.


Money. Power. Glory. It all is just a big lie. We need none of it because if we try to feed ourselves lies, an empty plate, we will keep going back again and again, trying to fill the void. We know not of what we are getting ourselves into, but of what our wants and desires seem to be. We know not of what we need, but of what society was us to believe. I can tell you now, money will not fill you. It will not fill you any more effective as the person beside you.


We seem to be wasting our energy on the materialistic things, when our Father. The person who created you in his image and his likeness is right in front of us. Hanging so passionately on the cross of our sins. Not because it will give him money, or power, or even glory, but because he knew how much he loves us and how much he desires to be with us. Why are we searching, when he has been with us all along?

-Not a normal Teenager

© 2015 Ashley Ann Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Divorce isn't just a tragedy...tragedy is staying in an unhappy married life..its sometimes the best choice for once life...but ofcourse it teaches wrong things about love to children...but for them too some people come as blessings ,whereas some come as lessons...if they are brave enough to say goodbye....they will be rewarded with new hello...may the angel look after the effected...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Divorce isn't just a tragedy...tragedy is staying in an unhappy married life..its sometimes the best choice for once life...but ofcourse it teaches wrong things about love to children...but for them too some people come as blessings ,whereas some come as lessons...if they are brave enough to say goodbye....they will be rewarded with new hello...may the angel look after the effected...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: Divorce, Broken, Relationships, Marriage, Media, God

Author

Ashley Ann Roberts
Ashley Ann Roberts

North Pole, AK



About
I believe that even though I am young and coy, I still have the ability to express and to let others know, that they are not alone. I have brought Cadence. more..

Writing