Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Queen_of_Winter
"

Convel and Eden go their seperate ways, because of their racial differences

"

"Poor... Dear Miss-Innocent-Eden." The large, burley, attractive man grinned as he ran his large fingers through his medium brown length hair. His silver eyes smiled as he proceeded towards the much shorter, seductive looking young woman. He

"You've changed, Convel." Eden whispered stepping fearfully away from her now former lover.
   

"What do you mean, Eden?" He questioned reaching out to her, his voice a deep growl within his chest.
   

"You ... you're ... a were... were... werewolves." She managed, her violet eyes widened in shock. She fell to her knees, she never had dreamed of the day that her soul-mate would waltz right into her home, and show her this. Did he come to just show her the new him? It was only yesterday he was a happy bouncing human.
   

"Not only that, but, I am an Alpha." He grinned, but former feelings made its way to the surface of his expression, and caused him to frown. A pain surged into his chest as she began to cry bloody tears, only things that a vampire could cry.  
   

"So, this is it then ... we are ... against each other, not even feelings now can change that?" Eden questioned, looking at her almost translucent hands.
   

"I guess so, Eden. I wish this wouldn't change our love, but, my pack would no longer respect me for who I am, and see me as the rightful Alpha. After all, I was his first born son and he changed me into a full-blooded werewolf. It wasn't my choice." Convel keeled down beside her, and gently wiped the tears away, like he had done millions of times before.
   

"Romeo and Juliet... Oh, how I remember watching the play backstage with Shakespeare himself. Though, I could never believe that a man had written it... What a tragic love story." She murmured to herself.
   

"Eden, I love you," He pushed her auburn hair behind her ears, and continued, "But, this can no longer be." He kissed her forehead gently, and turned around.

"As Alpha of the Revered Werewolf Pack, the oldest one in history, I, Convel, have stated. 'We will right the world of you feigns.' We cannot have any more humans as vampires, We are missing to many humans." Convel lowered his head in sadness, knowing he was threatening the woman he had loved for decades.
   

"Then this is war." She felt the shock pulse through her body, starting from her heart, extending to her limbs. Eden looked down sadly, feeling Convel's eyes bore into the top of her head.
   

"So be it." He sighed, placing his hands in his jean pockets. His caramel eyes trailed down her body one last time, before pushing back his chocolate brown hair. He then, retreated from the home, on to the streets.
   

"This is the Dark war... and it will trigger the end of the world... with one wrong move." Eden mumbled, her icy green eyes following after him.
   

One wrong move could trigger a miniature Apocalypse, or a world-wide disaster Apocalypse. This war would choose the Earth's Fate.



© 2012 Queen_of_Winter


Author's Note

Queen_of_Winter
Editing will be later, after I finished the novel, I know there are a couple of grammar mistakes, ignore them please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

We cannot have any more humans as vampires, We are missing to many humans-----vampires; and we are missing too many

that was the only mistake I found. I think this is very interesting story and it jumped straight into the story in the first chapter. great job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked the Shakespeare reference. Two houses, both alike in dignity.... The lovers have no chance, or do they? Will they end up like Romeo and Juliet.
very interesting and I like it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is interesting. I would take the reference to Romeo and Juliet out because it is immediately implicit when one realizes that one is a werewolf and the other a vampire and that they will be at war. The lover, Convel, sound extremely casual about the whole thing. She sounds like she is in shock.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a nice way to introduce the story, it rapidly goes into the relationship conflict... somewhat like Romeo and Juliet, but more like West Side Story... and one might expect a cliche, but this is unique... even the vampire theme (which is so overused these days) takes a back seat to the werewolf (which is much better than a vampire). So far so good, the story invites the reader and keeps attention. You said to ignore the grammar, so you understand the story can't flow well until that's fixed, so other than that, great beginning here!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting. I like it

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 16, 2012
Tags: Break-up