Money

Money

A Poem by QuietPoet
"

I was at work and I was looking at the money in the cash registers and it made me think of this poem.. Tell me what would you do..

"

Money

Lets say you were walking down a street

And you happened to find a case laying there on the ground

You decide to bend down and open it

And you see one million dollars

You look both ways to see if anyone is looking..

What would you do?

Would you take it?

Think of all the things you could do..

I would buy my parents a new home

Pay off their bills,

Get my sisters into selling their paintings and photo’s

Put my mom’s children’s book out..

Buy my sister a car

Get them an apartment..

Give some of the money to my best friends

After my family and friends have been taken care of

I would see how much is left

And I would pay some of my college loan off

Put some money on my car and my credit

Fly my boyfriend out here

Buy a home for the both of us..

Buy him his dream motorcycle

Open up my own bakery and restaurant

Donate some to the homeless and children hospitals

After all that is important

Maybe get a tattoo or two..

Take my family and I to Disneyland

Travel the United states, maybe the world

And save the rest for the future..

But the truth is,

If I saw the money sitting on the ground,

I would close the case and leave it..

As big as my heart is,

There is no way I could take it..

Its not mine, it belongs to someone..

A million thoughts would run through my head

And I would end up walking away from everything listed above..

But you never know what the future may bring..

We could have all that stuff someday..

What would you do?

Would you take it?

© 2008 QuietPoet


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ok this is a very good write i think we would all think that way if we found it i dont know what i would do but thats what makes this so good! i hope i never find that case it would put me thru misery!!! very good write once again:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Take It Take It Take It!!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of you knowing you would walk away from it. That mean I might find it because you left it. -smile- I am just being honest. If I found that money I would indeeed take it. I am not sure what I would do with it but for me it will be the start of having "old money". I enjoyed the poem but I kept thinking about the million dollars. Thank for stirring up my imagination.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I would have to be honest with myself and take it. I know a lot of people would say they wouldn't, but i know for a fact I would. An oppertunity like that only comes up once in a life time, why flub it? I have dreamed of falling onto something like that for a long time, there is no limits as to what i would do with it.

call it greed, or what everm but I think Money (in this day and age) is the only thing that CAN bring you happiness, because of the scociety we live in. It is the only thing that can get your family, your loved ones, and yourself in a life style you want. So yes, I would take that case.

cole-

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have envisioned this very scenario before... stumbling on a million dollars. But, chances are, if it's a mil in a case, something just ain't right. lol Truthfully, it would be unwise to keep it for many reasons. Where does one start? Well, there is the karma aspect of it. And then the fact that the bank will report a large deposit like that which apparently came out of nowhere.. we aren't as free as we are made to believe. And then, there is the chance that it could be some organized crime thing... in which case they will likely find you.. or should I say "hunt" you.

Yeah, no thanks. Too much baggage comes with it. Besides, money can't buy happiness, right?

Nice work Kylie!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nah I wouldn't take it for myself, but I would turn it in. Who's to say who's money it was...a charity, a bank robber, the possibilities are endless. If i did come into that kind of money i'd like to know I earned it.

Nicely done kylie

Posted 15 Years Ago


Kylie, in that simple poem you succed to include all your wondeful dreams of your life, the sweetness of your heart , as you willing to give so much to your family and your friends, and only what is left will go to you, knowing you for a while, I was so sure thats what you would do with the Money. The kindness and the good person you are, so rare those days, and for such a young women, proved me again, what good education you was lucky to get. made you such a good person. I was sure you would not touch the money , even before the end of the poem.You are just too good. Keep on with your wonderful dreams, with your sweet boyfriend, and family.Once you used to say I am lost, I can feel the change, with such lovely dreams and sweet future, you have found what you looked for.

I would never touch other people money, never took even a dollar which was not mine, not even a cent, I want to live in peace with myself and thats what really important. I would not leave it in the street tho lol!! ... not all people are good ... wonderful thoughts , and sweet poem Yossi



Posted 15 Years Ago


Definetly not! Despite all of the good things, you would always know in the back of your mind where you got your fortune, and you would have to answer that and live with that. Plus, you never know who the owner is and they might find out you have it. Then what? I say, leave the case.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 11, 2008

Author

QuietPoet
QuietPoet

Las Vegas, NV



About
Hello, my is kylie, I havent been on here for a long time, i haven't written in years so bare with me. Reading all my old stuff brings back a lot of memories. I have a husband and twin girls, i would.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Make Me Yours Make Me Yours

A Poem by Amanda