Zombie Apocalypse Survivor Journal (Day 1)

Zombie Apocalypse Survivor Journal (Day 1)

A Story by Rebecca
"

I will be posting new entries almost daily. This is going to be about a girl who is currently living in the zombie apocalypse. Starting at day 1 and progressing throughout her life in the apocalypse.

"
Dear Journal,
Today I am coming with a bit of a different matter than most days. Sure, most of the time I'm talking about the b*****d that left me, how lonely I am, how much my job sucks or how I want to lose that muffin top. I'm honest with myself at least. But today, man, today is different. People are going crazy!
I don't know why I'm writing. Is it habit? Is it from simply being too scared to do anything else? I don't know for sure, but I know that writing does help me to escape for a while. And right now, I need that escape.
It seems the neighborhood is going to hell. I watched as my neighbor, you know, Mrs. Looms, attacked her in-home nurse. Poor Mandy, I don't know what came into her, but sweet little 86 year old Mrs. Looms went straight for Mandy's throat! IN THE FRONT YARD! I watched, screaming of course, as she literally ripped her throat out. The worst part is, it looked as if she was eating her. Just, I don't know, gnawing away at Mandy's body.
Then down the road, I saw the same thing. Mr. Thomas was attacked by the neighbor. He went after Mr. Thomas and ripped a huge chunk of his arm off. Then the crazy part is, it seemed that hours later, they were coming back and doing the same thing that happened to them.
The news has been talking the last few days about some strange epidemic that seems to be sweeping across the country, even maybe the whole world, but for some strange reason, no one knows what it is. I tried calling the police, but there was no answer. Are there even any more police? After what I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if my entire town were these... things... after today. I've barricaded myself in my house. Moved the armoir and a few other larger things in front of my windows, took the hammer and nails that the cheating b*****d left here and nailed stuff to front door so it couldn't be opened. This is one time that I'm really thankful for my tiny house with barely any windows.
I don't know what's going on outside right now, I haven't looked. Well, honestly, I've been too afraid to look. What if one of those things see me? Yes, things. Those are not people. They used to be, but not anymore. They are sadistic cannibals that have come back from the dead. I know that Mandy was dead after Mrs. Looms attacked her. I watched from my window as she died, no one would help her. I was too afraid to go outside. Besides, there was nothing I could have done.
Journal, I need to go now. I'm honestly too shaky to keep writing any more. Wish me luck. At least you know.... If I'm writing, I'm still alive.

~JENNA

© 2014 Rebecca


Author's Note

Rebecca
This is just something that is simple and fun for me to do during times of boredom. I love zombies, and I love character play. That's all. Not looking for someone to critique it, just wanted to share it for people who also enjoy things similar to this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this journal idea is amazing. I am currently in the process of writing my own apocalypse survivor story but nothing like this!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is really cool! Not to many zombie stories out there that are written in journal form! I would say put more detail and stuff in but then it's not a journal entry!
I've added you so I can get a notification to when you contribute another entry :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rebecca

9 Years Ago

Well thank you. And yeah, detail kind of removes the point of a journal. I enjoy putting it into tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2014
Last Updated on June 16, 2014
Tags: zombie, apocalypse, journal, dead, walking dead, zombies, walkers, geeks

Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Orange Park, FL



About
I'm a 25 year old girl with a passion for writing. My writing style depends on my mood, my current interests, etc. I will write anything from love stories, horror novels, mystery, action or currently,.. more..

Writing