The journey to light

The journey to light

A Chapter by Ria Carol
"

Alexandra searches for the meaning of life...for the meaning of light...In order to try to fulfil her insatiable thirst for light..she goes down a path...that perhaps has no return... keep reading...

"
The winds embraced me with a warm welcome. As my feathers fluttered in the wind and the darkness caressed my body, I flew head on to know what lay ahead of me. To find out how I could make a difference. To set my heart free, from the chained burden that I had put on myself.To be free. That's my goal. That's what is driving me to this level of insanity.
All throughout the ride all I could think of was him, Ethan.
What if he doesn't like what he sees? What if he isn't what I have dreamt of? What if?... These questions hung over my head, like a heavy cloud waiting to pour down.
I could see the border of the land of light, you wouldn't miss it. At the entrance a huge chalice stood, it was lit with the strongest flame there ever was.
It was lit centuries ago, by the first ruler of light...the first Phoenix.
The strongest there ever was. No darkness has been able to consume it, such was the power of the light and not once in eons has it gone off.
That light was what scared the dark lords the most, that one day the light would consume the world and then only light would remain.
And this was exactly what I had to ensure wouldn't happen.
But I was flying into the land of light with no intentions of harm but only of love.
In which heavenly world does that make sense?
I reached the boundary and I stopped myself. I stood there frozen, letting the darkness soak into my skin, filling me with a wave of nostalgia.
You see the creatures of light cannot see me or any of the creatures of the dark, as long as we lurked in our own world.
The minute I step into this world, others can see me and this thought scared me more than the possibility of Ethan rejecting me!
I would be able to see my reflection...I would be able to see how I looked like...the colour of my hair...my eyes.
That annoying voice in my head said, "go back,its not too late".
150 years spent in darkness...when all this while I was thirsty for light...
I couldn't go back now, this was my chance...my only chance...to be free...to be with him...
I couldn't turn around now.
no...
NO!
I tried to shut the voice in my head that was screaming to turn around, to go back...to return...to return home.
And I asked myself, "Where is home?"
And at that minute, the voice disappeared.
I closed my eyes and took the last bit of darkness in. It clenched onto my wings, as if it was holding on for its dear life.
I opened my eyes...and I adjured my wings to let me in.
And this time...they obeyed.


© 2016 Ria Carol


Author's Note

Ria Carol
Pleas feel free to give me your reviews/criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ria you are so very young and in this age you are doing fabulous job my frnd, do not stop, there are enough possibilities in you that can reach to the higher levels of success... This is another beautiful chapter with so many descriptions and thoughts with a to the point balance... The character of Alexandra seems amazing with a intrigueness inherited in her...

Will look for your other chapters as soon as you post them, please feel free to mail me... God bless you....

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ria Carol

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman...i could not ask for a better friend ... :) I will definitely mail you...
T.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 22, 2016
Tags: fantasy, fiction


Author

Ria Carol
Ria Carol

Bangalore, India



About
I know Im a lot of work in progress bear with me :) more..

Writing
Oblivion Oblivion

A Story by Ria Carol


Untouched Untouched

A Poem by Ria Carol


Blind Girl Blind Girl

A Poem by Ria Carol