Five ways to keep that hyper toddler at bay.

Five ways to keep that hyper toddler at bay.

A Chapter by RunningWithToddlers
"

Fun filled ways to keep that toddler occupied while you get to be productive.

"

Hello everyone, i am RunningWithToddlers, I am a mother of a two year old and i know how hard it can be to juggle cleaning, cooking, schooling, while keeping your kid occupied. So today i am going to let you all know a thing or two about how i keep a clean house, keep my schooling grades up and all still plan activities for my toddler. So just sit back and here are my five ways to keep that active toddler at bay.


  1. First thing that i love to do with my toddler is some fun cleaning games. Not only dose this keep her busy, but it also gets your home clean. Our favorite game is tag-a-seek,  how this cleaning game go is that you both grab  a mop and a broom.Then you both have ten minutes to get your section of the house clean. The one who gets theirs the cleanest gets to "tag" you and then you need to close your eyes and time for the hide and seek part of it. You pick how long you get to count, and when that is over as you go look for the other, you pick up or wipe up any mess you find along the way. 
  2. The next game i love to play with my toddler, is a simple coloring game.If you are working on school work and your child is bored, give them a blank paper and only the three primary colors. Tell them to make as many colors they can by mixing the three. Paint is the best to use for this, but if you don't want a mess then i would say color pencils work just as well. Once they mix all the colors they can, then have them label each color with the name of that color. You can help them if they can't write yet, by taking some sticky tape and paper cut in to strips. Write down the color names, and then have them stick the right name to the color. Not only is this fun for them, they learn their colors as well. 
  3. What is that i hear, the sound of bees buzzing in the air. Oh it is summer time, yes this one i love the most. If you just want to have fun with your kid and not keep them in front of the tv all day. Here is what i love to do with my daughter, we would go out and about and catch many different bugs. We have a clear glass of some sort and something to close the opening of the glass. Then we would sit their and observe the bug we caught. I ask her what dose she see on the bug, like how many legs, eyes, it's color. Then i ask what type of bug do you think it is.  This game is fun for all ages, and it teaches them the different types of bugs that are around you. 
  4. Now for those rainy days, and you can't go outside, try this fun game. It is very simple, Puzzles, Have your toddler help you put a puzzle together. It is fun for both of you, and when they find the piece that fits, the joy on their face is the best feeling that anyone could get. 
  5. The last fun game i have for you today is one that we play a lot, i call it Toy scavenger clean up. This is a fun clean up game for your little one, what you do is make a list of all the toys that needs to be cleaned up. Like categories such as, dolls, cars, blocks, books. Etc. Make a list of them and for each category that they complete they get a star by them. And once all are finished with stars on them they get a prize of some sort. that part can be up to you, as to what the prize is at the end.        I am RunningWithToddlers, hope you enjoyed my five ways to keep your hyper toddler at bay. 



© 2014 RunningWithToddlers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the wisdom in the poem. Toddlers can be a hand-full. I agree with your blog. We must ensure a child is active. A child with nothing to do. Can be thinking of the wrong things to do. Thank you for sharing the blog and your thoughts on a good topic.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RunningWithToddlers

10 Years Ago

Glad you liked it. ^^



Reviews

I like the wisdom in the poem. Toddlers can be a hand-full. I agree with your blog. We must ensure a child is active. A child with nothing to do. Can be thinking of the wrong things to do. Thank you for sharing the blog and your thoughts on a good topic.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RunningWithToddlers

10 Years Ago

Glad you liked it. ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014
Tags: Blog, Toddler, Games, Tips


Author

RunningWithToddlers
RunningWithToddlers

clarksville, TN



About
I am a mother of a three year old daughter. I love to blog and help share some of my tips as to how i juggle the cleaning, cooking and my child. So i hope you watch me and i can't wait to share my.. more..

Writing