Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rachel Elizabeth
"

The thoughts appear.

"

            When you start to actually think about it… how do you define true friendship? How do you realize that you’ve got the one person in your life that will be there forever? How do you understand the factors stabilizing this very friendship? And what happens if you lose that person? What happens if you lose the one thing that keeps you hooked on your life support machine?

 

            The thoughts scamper through your head and you can’t seem to contain them. You get feelings that you can’t keep under control let the paranoia get the better of you. You lose that one thing because you try too hard to keep it close to your heart, rendering you defenseless to life’s attacks.

 

            You get the feeling that something terrible is going to happen, but you can’t believe it when it does. You know, deep down in your heart, you could’ve prevented it… If you tried, you could’ve prevented it… You blame yourself for everything that goes wrong. You let life win the game. You give in to any temptation God throws at you. And sooner or later, you’ve become too apathetic to care for even the sickest of people.

           

            These are reasons why you just can’t go on without that person. These are reasons why you can’t find a good point in your life. These are reasons that you can’t seem to overcome that incurable knowledge that you let that person slip between your very frail fingers. These are reasons why your heart doesn’t beat the same way. These are reasons why you closed yourself off to the rest of the world that wants to help you. These are a reason for broken wings.

 

To be continued. . .



© 2009 Rachel Elizabeth


Author's Note

Rachel Elizabeth
This was just the beginning. Much more effort and much more work will be put into this if it seems good so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on August 24, 2009


Author

Rachel Elizabeth
Rachel Elizabeth

Nowhere and Now , IN



About
* o b s e s s e d with k i t t e h s * s i x t e e n years o l d * o d d * e n j o y s indie m u s i c * plays g u i t a r more..

Writing