Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter

A Poem by Speak
"

My thoughts on the matter.

"

Do not condemn melanin,

for it blessed you with the color of your skin.

Useless it is to condemn others,

for you are surrounded by your sisters and your brothers.

Shall I remind you, what is under your feet?

Shall I remind you, who provided you with food to eat?

Shall I remind you, each and every life matters?

Humble yourself and step off that platform.

I’ve no interest in an individual’s ego.

I’ve interest in an individual’s eco.

I’ve no interest for what money your tree grows.

I’ve interest to what extent your soul can.

Do not forget that we are simply man.

A far cry from any sentient being,

Stop following and start seeing!

 

© 2015 Speak


Author's Note

Speak
I've grown tired of the bashing between races, what we need to learn to do is appreciate, respect and love each other. After all, love comes easier to the heart. No one is superior and no one is inferior.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this - you are so right, enough is enough with one race vs. another. We are all the same species and separating us into color categories would be like segregating cats based on their coats, which would be considered absolutely silly. We are not colors, we are humans, and it's up to us to take care of each other. Great piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Silly isn't it that some people are thought of as inferior simply over something as insignificant as insoluble pigment. Bravo! If only people will read and believe, well done my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A very strong piece in terms of both content and how you chose to handle it. The rhetorical questions; short, declarative lines and the decision to avoid contractions ('do not' instead of 'don't') all contribute to a firm and powerful narrative voice. Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Speak

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, a firm narrative was exactly what I was aiming for, I'm grateful for your review!.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2015
Last Updated on April 19, 2015
Tags: Black Lives Matter