Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Satan's Daughter

Pandemonium. That's the word that came to mind as I watched the scene before me unfold. 
The once-cool headed guards were running around, screaming and, in the midst of them, Ari was sinking her fangs into anything that had a pulse. Blood spattered floors, walls, and clothes. Either unconscious or dead bodies were piling up. Of the fifteen guards that had been standing before us, maybe six were left on their feet. 
I caught a flash of Ari between two panicking guards. She was crouched on the wide chest of a downed guard. Her mouth and chin were dripping with blood, running down her pale skin and dying the top of her shirt a dark scarlet. Her black eyes shifted to look at me, almost as if she had felt my gaze. In them I found hunger, anger, and... fear. She was scared of what she had become in the presence of blood. That one little shred of humanity shone through her like a sunbeam, and I felt the urge to help.
Getting a running start, I lept over the bodies and Ari, sprinting down the hall. With my speed, I quickly caught up to the remaining guards. I made quick work of them. I snuck up behind them and snapped their necks, having four of them down before the other two knew what was happening.  One of the remaining two charged at me, thinking he could take me down with brute force. How wrong he was.
When he got close enough, I reached out  and placed one hand on his chest, the other going low on his stomach. Using his momentum and some I added by pressing up on his stomach, I flipped him over my head. I turned just in time to see him hit the floor on his back. In any other situation, it would have been funny to see him gasping on the floor like a fish out of water, but this was life or death.
Placing my sneakered foot on his throat, I pressed all my weight down. Already short of breath, it only took a few seconds before his body stopped shaking and he lay still. His green eyes were open, filled with fear and staring at nothing. I may have felt bad, but he tried to hurt me and Ari, so I had no sympathy for him. 
Behind me, I heard a soft pop, then a slight pinch on my shoulder. Glancing back, I saw the last guard staring at me with a cold look in his wide eyes. In his hands, he held a rifle, pointed at me. I looked down and was mildly surprised to find a tranquilizer dart in my shoulder blade. Before the poison could take effect, I stalked forward. The guard managed to squeeze off six more shots before I reached him, all of them hitting their mark. 
I grabbed the barrel of the gun in my hand and slowly crushed it, all the while staring into the guards brown eyes. Once it was completely flattened, he shakily let go, thinking it was useless now. I thought differently. Grasping the barrel in both hands, I wound up and clubbed the poor guy in the temple with the butt. He dropped like a sack of bricks. I started pulling the darts out of my body when i heard a voice behind me.
"Shay!"
I whipped around, ready for a fight. But it was just Ari, motioning quickly for me to follow her. The black had leached out of her big eyes, leaving them an innocent light brown. Her black hair was knotted with blood, and her whole front was coated in it. Her small hands dripped red onto the white tiles. 
But something was off. She looked a bit... blurry. Blinking a few times, I was startled to find her right in front of me. The look on her face was contorted, but I thought I saw worry. I giggled, my thought process slow. I lazily reached out, brushing a finger along her cheek. When it came back wet, I tried to look at it, but it hurt my head when I tried to focus. 
I vaguely heard someone calling my name, but the black seeping in along the edges of my vision were demanding my attention. I felt a breeze on the side of my face, then something cool pressing into my cheek. I would  have been worried if the darkness surrounding me wasn't so comforting. 
That was the last thing I thought before I lost consciousnesses. 


© 2013 Satan's Daughter


Author's Note

Satan's Daughter
Another short chapter. Oh well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great description!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Satan's Daughter

11 Years Ago

Great review!!
Darkening Shadow

11 Years Ago

lol ikr!
Hurry and add a new chapter. I'm saying this 'cause ah wurv eyo. And ah wurv Eeyore book.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Akira Kodama

11 Years Ago

Then put someone's face in it.
Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

I like it!!!!!!!!! That made me laugh..... Quite a bit.
Akira Kodama

11 Years Ago

Alright.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Satan's Daughter
Satan's Daughter

Tarturus



About
“I don't damsel well. Distress, I can do. Damseling? Not so much.” -Maximum Ride "There's no monster in the closet, no shadow under your bed. Just the normal whispers, sending darkness.. more..

Writing