Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Radhika narasimhan

Situated at an altitude of 4,970 feet, at Salem district, on the Eastern ghats of shevaroys hills, yercaud is called the Jewel of south. Lake in Tamil is known as Yeri, and forest is known as caud. The first survey of this hills was done in 1827. From Stone Age period this place existed and it was known as Shevarayan hills. Yercaud hills are full of rich flora and fauna. The major source of income to this place is through agriculture. 7day exhibition, dog shows, village fairs, boating races are famously held.

HOW TO REACH YERCAUD
By flight -Salem is one of the nearest airport which is connected to many cities.
By train -Trains are well connected to Salem.
By road -From Salem by road it takes 40 mets up the hill. There are many buses that go up and down the hill frequently.

This place is a major attraction for many because of its exquisiteness, greenery and plantations. Cardamom and black pepp are the major spices grown. The woods of yercaud have loads of silver oaks, sandal wood and teak. Best time to visit yercaud is from October to June. This hill station experiences humid subtropical climate. The winters are chill, rainfalls are heavy and summers are mild.


© 2016 Radhika narasimhan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on June 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016


Author

Radhika narasimhan
Radhika narasimhan

Chennai, Valasaravakkam, India



About
I am Travel writer, who holds 9 blogs in Wordpress. I am approved blogger at Tripoto.com. I write in Lettrs and wattapad app too. Writing has been my dream for long. My stories are based on realit.. more..

Writing
SKIING SKIING

A Chapter by Radhika narasimhan