Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Raya Avans

Days had been all the same in the five years I lived in Russia. I have lived in the same area of Murmansk, which offered nothing to me but the same cold dismal weather every day. The same faces of the same people. A small town like any other. Everybody knew everybody, everyone were the best of friends, and if we weren't, we all learned to pretend to be. It was the place every one dreamed of living. The place I always dreamed of escaping. There was one thing that I knew growing up for an absolute certainty, I was going to be somebody. I never imagined how easy that opportunity would one day come into my life, and how, ironically, I would come to resist it with every fiber of my being. 

*** 


You know those people that pretend to be somebody else for whatever reason, and after a while, there not even pretending anymore? Thats kind of what I felt like before everything started happening to me. Like I lost myself, and even though I was completely aware of it, even though I knew I wasn't being who I really was, I could never find myself. It was almost like it was never there, like a grew up pretending. Then, when everything happened, that was my way back. It just.. well, it just wasn't the way back I was looking for.



© 2011 Raya Avans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice opening. I enjoyed this.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Raya Avans
Raya Avans

Seattle, WA



About
words are so strange, when said they always play an effective and influential role..... words when harsh , blunt , rude and full of rage can cause great agony , can pierce the heart , shatter the .. more..

Writing
Little Red Little Red

A Story by Raya Avans


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Raya Avans