FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Junior Badass

Junior Badass

A Chapter by Lizzie_Madrid

"So Miss Daren, what would be the answer?"


    I looked up from the intricate design I was carving into the wooden desk. I didn't look at the board.


   "Um... I don't care?" I drawled, which made Mrs. Lewis press her lips into a thin line. I smirked.


    The teachers at 'Waldorf Detentional Center for Foster Children' were uptight. I mean uptight. I you even used the wrong tone of voice, you get a punishment. I have done all of the punishments many times over, so I don't even try to be good anymore. From washing the 'Headmaster's' bunion feet to cleaning the toilets after chili night with your toothbrush. (You learn to have extras.)


    "Miss Daren would you like to go to Headmaster Bryan's office again?" Mrs. Lewis threatened.


    "Uh Oh! Someones in trouble again." Samantha Daves said in her stupid sing-song voice.


    "Sure! He has cable, and its time for soaps to be on. James just shot Mary." I said calmly, standing up, swinging my bag onto my shoulder.


   I walked over to the door, slamming it open and walked out into the hallway. The hallway was quiet except for the click-clack of my 6 inch leather ankle boots, heading toward the bathroom. 


    Opening the bathroom door, I braced myself for the overwhelming smell of mixed perfume, ciggarette smoke, and the other telltale smells of a bathroom. I stalked over to the nearest sink, sending the 6th and 7th graders scurring. There were advantages to being a 16-year-old Junior Badass.


    Looking in the mirror, I ran my fingers through my waist-length, platnium blonde hair highlighted with bright blue and hot pink candy stripes. Leaning into the mirror, I checked my olive skin and made sure there were no bags under my sea blue eyes after the nightmares last night. With a puff, I stood up straight, deeming myself all good.


    Walking back out into the hallway, I found myself in the chaos of changing classes. I started toward the door at the end of the hallway, deciding I might as well ditch and go take a nap, since I was supposed to be in the Headmaster's office.


    Although, with my luck, as soon as my hands touched the door, Samantha's voice stopped me.


    "Oh Marian, oh Marian! Where do you think your going?" I gritted my teeth and turned around to find her and her cohorts behind her, Samantha 2 & 3. 


    I call them that because they all have the same dull brown hair and doe brown eyes. Resembalances stop there. #3 is overweight, #2 is tall and willowy, and Samantha has bad acne flairups.


    "What?" I growled.


    "Ooo! Someone is grouchy! Nightmares again?" She taunted. Everyone knew I had nightmares, I woke up screaming most of the time. Which earned me a whole room to myself.


    "Career Day is coming up. What are you going to be when you grow up? A s**t like your mom or a druggie like your dad?" My hands curled into fists. She grinned, knowing she hit a nerve.


    I never knew my parents. They ran off before I even opened my eyes. No one actually knew them, so they make up stories about them. Samantha made the latest, s**t for a mom & a druggie for a dad.


    What happened next, I have no idea. One minute Samantha was grinning at me wildly, the next, all the locker doors swung open. The Samanthas stumbled forward. It was as if a big wind had blown through. Then the wind went back the other way, shutting the doors and sending the Samanthas into the wall behind them. The wind started to twist like a cyclone sending papers and people everywhere. I waited for the wind to hit me, but where I was standing was calm. Like the eye of the hurricane. What is doing this?


   "Not what. Whom. You are." A voice whispered in my head.


    I stumbled backward, looking around to find the source of the voice. The wind stopped. I looked around as the papers settled, and somehow I knew the voice was right.


    I grabbed my bag, which had fallen to my feet, and ran out the door behind me. 


    I breathed in a deep, refreshing breath as a calm spread through me. The something hit me in the back of the head, and I was knocked out before I hit the concrete sidewalk.



© 2012 Lizzie_Madrid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting, and well written. There are a few spelling errors, but those are just simple mistakes. But overall, well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting character development and clear plot progression , once again i am impressed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good cliffhanger ending, solid dialogue and I like the way you are describing the appearance of the girls. (Jr High girls can be so mean spirited...) Well penned

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2012
Last Updated on June 2, 2012


Author

Lizzie_Madrid
Lizzie_Madrid

Optima, OK



About
I am thirteen and I love to write! I normally never finish, but hey! Right now I am working on 'Kicked Out of Wal*Mart'! It is gonna be very funny! Read, Comment, Review, Flame, Whatever! I just want .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Lizzie_Madrid