silent girl

silent girl

A Chapter by PianoandPage

i am that silent girl.

tongue twisted with fear i tangle with the moment

in front of the mirror.

reflected back at me

misplaced masculinity

and i am left on the wrong side of the glass;

beating my fist against the image

of my disappointment.

 



© 2009 PianoandPage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You may be a silent girl in fear of the judgment of others, but your poem speaks volumes, bellowing out dissatisfaction for what you find the masses will condemn. It is honest and vulnerable. Written with poetic flare.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I admire people who can say so much with so little - just the one word 'masculinity' changes the entire meaning, you didn't need masses of words to twist your poem in that new direction.

It really is perfect, nice neat ending too, it's a skill to bring something to a close that well. I like the 'beating my fist' it needed some sound to contrast with the tone set by your title 'silent girl' the idea of the restlessness and turmoil within being loud, but the outside world not allowing it to speak so turning it into silence.

'wrong side of the glass' expresses frustration so well. good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


my image laughs at me as i beat it to a metaphoric pulp on those few occasions i make it to my reflection...excellent...

Posted 13 Years Ago


What I like best about this poem is its intimacy. The "I" takes up the narrative like a part of a continued conversation, one started weeks ago: "i am that silent girl...". This reminds me a lot of the poems I wrote while in a mental health (misleading name!) hospital more than twenty years ago - the sense of being trapped in an incongruous image. Many readers will experience the "ah" of recognition when reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is such a great small poem, so innocent... such a wish..I missed you poetry, Brian...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Perfect and Strong and Feminine to the highest degree. Excellent. Jaw-dropping eloquent stuff here. And so honest. I think I like that most about this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a stunning, powerful poem about twin identities and the frustration people can sometimes have in not being all of who they want to be. Your leit motif of the first really gives the book some focus and continuity. I love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

PianoandPage
PianoandPage

san jose, CA



About
My name is Amy and I am a 35 year old creative poet, writer, pianist, and lover of life and nature. I tend to write about my passions both good and bad. I love to challenge myself and improve my style.. more..

Writing
AUTOPSY AUTOPSY

A Poem by PianoandPage



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


i love bob! i love bob!

A Chapter by PianoandPage


castles castles

A Chapter by PianoandPage


not tonight not tonight

A Chapter by PianoandPage