When He Left

When He Left

A Poem by RaindropsRoses93
"

This is a poem I wrote regarding the death of my uncle. It has only been 3 weeks since his suicide and I am coping with the heart break and loss.

"

Please don’t tell me not to cry
Please don’t say there was a reason why
You don’t know the what I am feeling
Or how much I hurt
The wet spots are from tears on the collar of this shirt
You think I should go on with life
Forget about it an be strong
But deep down I am sad, and I don’t want to go along
I don’t expect you to understand why
For no apparent reason I break down and start to cry
My life has changed forever, you see
And that is why I am not acting like the same old me
So please don’t try to act like nothing happened
Because its changed my life forever
I will never be the same again
Not today, not tomorrow, but never
The best thing you can do for me is just be there
Just like always be my friend
My broken heart is hurting bad
And it will never mend

© 2009 RaindropsRoses93


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Pretty good writing, my fellow poet. Despite the sadness, you have still managed to use your words creatively. I think that you were quite brave (and honest) to share the sad truth at the end of this poem, as expressed with your words, "And it will never mend".

Curiously, you have said almost nothing about any of the good times, with your uncle? However, bereavement can sometimes take over our minds to such a degree, that very little else seems to matter any more.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am so sorry for your loss. You express it very well in this poem. One of the reasons I love your poetry, it is never enigmatic! Fifth line from the bottom, did you mean "not ever" instead of "but never? Just a thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago


First, I want to say sorry for your indefinite loss.

Your poem has a kind of substance that is fresh and close to heart - whatever you felt, you wrote with creative flair. You create the reality through your words, subtle and sincere.

I liked it a lot! Only, in some a few places, I think you can see some corrections, including meagre grammatical overlookings.

Thank you.

Raja.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful and touching poem. I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem has great emotion and I can feel it throughout the piece. Good job.



Posted 14 Years Ago


Pretty good writing, my fellow poet. Despite the sadness, you have still managed to use your words creatively. I think that you were quite brave (and honest) to share the sad truth at the end of this poem, as expressed with your words, "And it will never mend".

Curiously, you have said almost nothing about any of the good times, with your uncle? However, bereavement can sometimes take over our minds to such a degree, that very little else seems to matter any more.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aches of a broken heart...they can be so painful...
its sad...and can feel it really well...a heart wrenching write!

regards
barricade...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2009
Last Updated on April 23, 2009

Author

RaindropsRoses93
RaindropsRoses93

poughkeepsie, NY



About
I will never be what others want me to be. RIP Otter My Beloved Uncle, We Will Never Forget You more..

Writing