Triangle

Triangle

A Poem by Raja
"

For my lovely neighbors...

"

 

Triangle
 
Thirst
 
All along in the deep agony
A few of them start creeping
For a well to bring buckets of
Water…
 
Journey
 
Along the route toward
Heaven, they gulped glasses
After glasses; intoxicated, they start doing this and
That for bigger action, for smaller pursuits…
Still, they are called the teetotalers!
 
Love
 
Along life’s journey to help others understand lives,
They start calling themselves lovers, but
They know only to hate others.
People call them ‘Dudes, it’s time to cherish the love…”
 
They die not to live
They live not to die
They fancy not for the reality
They dive not to stay
 
They are our lovely neighbors
Amen!!

© 2008 Raja


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I myself like the thrist to start with......We are driven by thirst---whether literal or figurative. We drink to nourish the body.....we drink in knowledge to nourish the soul.

You are very cheeky Raja--I admire that.

For those whom gorge with the possibility of drowning their souls should... abstain..... but they have lost themselves to the material and are absorbed by flesh.
For some this lesson will come too late ....for others they will have to stumble to find their way....

An interesting write and good wordplay.

You were kind to leave a comment for people---but demand more from your reader don't give it to them have them pull out a dictionary and expand their horizons......people donot kill language by being ignorant or lazy---Raja's write made perfect sense......stop living in a fast food generation and read....drink in the words and nourish your soul!!!!!!



Posted 15 Years Ago


i get the connection from journey to love - but the thirst is throwing me for a loop - is it that you are thristy for excitiment for the love and the journey to get there...


Posted 15 Years Ago


Hmm, I have read it and the others comments and I still dont really understand. Please, enlighten me, if you can.

One peice of advice towards the quality of the peice, I would change "glasses after glasses" to "glass after glass". It sounds better, flows better and is better grammer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


At first, I found this a little difficult to understand, but then I realized it was because I had a hard time relating thirst, journey, and love...

But then I thought about it a little... And it made more sense...

Over all, this was a nice read. It makes the reader think because they have to work a little more to really 'see' it.

Thanks for sharing!
Raye

Posted 15 Years Ago


Description of the poem:

you puzzled. Let me try to clear it out please�

Thirst, Journey, and Love are some of the actions that people used to do in their day-to-day lives. I have just taken them for my piece. In the midst of their journey the first thing that they do the most important thing, drink to quench the thirst. That is why I kept this under the section Thirst; after that their journey goes on to get themselves involved in some other activities like drinking liquor and doing this and that. Yet, they loved to be called teetotalers, because they wanted to prefer the pseudo lives rather than the real manifesto. Then comes the most crucial task, Love. They hate a lot and love their near ones, while others should be loved as well. The fulfillment of actual love lies not in loving some a few and hating all others. People are the ones who act like a storyteller or explanation giver as we are accustomed to find in lot of plays where in the alternative interval one person comes and tells the next action in verse before the play starts.

People called them 'Dudes' to cherish the love in whatever form it is - either stored for their near ones or for others.

They are no one but out neighbors!

I tried to be simpler but I could not be; had that been so, you should not be puzzled. I am sorry for this and happy also, because I get a good cause to explain my work. I tried my best to clarify. Yet, please get back if still there exists any doubts.

"They die not to live
They live not to die
They fancy not for the reality
They dive not to stay"

By this I want to substantiate the effect of the strong reluctance on their part to see things. What ever they are doing, they are not doing from their hearts.

They called themselves lovers, but they know only to hate. Loving people should love everyone irrespective of culture and relationship. Through the Third Stanza I want to reflect this actually.

Thank You.

Raja.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Like others I don't entirely understand the meaning of your words.. maybe your poem is about neighbours, maybe your poem is about the world in general.. maybe.. maybe..

So I have to say what I feel about your words rather than what I understand. The search for equality and equilibrium in life, the search and finding something more than the obvious.. something that's not always forthcoming or is offered too casually.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong, it won't be the first time. Anyway, your post has made me think and feel and, for that, thank you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


At first I wasn't quite sure what the meaning behind this poem was.. It could be deeper, it could be something taken strictly at face value.. But I think that, somehow, that works as an advantage for this piece. Readers can take what they will from this, and though it may not be the same as the next person, each will have their own understanding..

Interesting write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah, in a desert of sand looking for a drop of water! Such can be the case when stranded in a world of introspective, uncaring people. Excellent.. A tinge of darkness in the world of men...

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


Alright usually I don't get too confused about a poem but this one, I was trying to find the meaning. Now that is not a bad thing if you were taking the abstract approach but I did find it hard to comprehend. Though it is not a bad piece, just sometimes not all poetry is easily understandable but thank you for sharing it with me. I do appreciate that you bring me into your creative world of writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have read your poem carefully. First I loved the optics the presentation. It took the right place in my mind when I start reading...this has an incredible moving within, I like the moral pointe: yes, that's what capitalism made of us. Everyone wants to be loved and seeks love. They are less givers and more seekers. I thought, this was flowing with air, an idea you nicely spread with your words. It is good to offer another view without wanting. thanks for sharing with us. great write. also, thank you for reviewing my poem Tranced. much appreciated. gandr�

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2008
Last Updated on July 18, 2008

Author

Raja
Raja

Kolkata, India



About
Writing is my passion. I write stories, poems and scripts in English and in Bengali. I love to portray the optimistic part of human life with a contrast to the real world. Writing is the most powerfu.. more..

Writing
Adieu Adieu

A Poem by Raja


Charming Rogue Charming Rogue

A Poem by Raja



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..