I want to...

I want to...

A Poem by Candle in the wind
"

While driving through a storm in the weekend this just welled up in my mind. The wind whistling past, the rain drops pelting on the windscreen, the swaying trees and the blast on my face and my hair blown all over made me want to break free...

"


I want to walk through a storm

Break every fetter and norm

 

I want to get drenched in the rain

And wash away the pain

 

I want the wind blowing on my face

While I run at my own pace

 

I want to wrap around the cloud

Feel free to sing out aloud

 

I want to inhale the scent in the breeze
Dancing with the swaying trees

 

 

I want to embrace the cold air

In awe just stand and stare

 

I want to be in an impossible dream

Never hear reality scream

© 2008 Candle in the wind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What are you waiting for? Go and do it, having said that you would not have much of the kind of weather you mention here in INDIA I guess.
I can understand your wanting to do these things as they are a cleansing, nurturing and comforting gift from the elements.
I love the imagery you created, I can feel the wind and rain on my face...
Love,
Helen xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your words take me to a place of spiritual want and desire to life free and "wash away the pain". Beautifully written ~ Jude xo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful poem! i loved it, and the picture you put with it really compliments the piece! well done!
laceyjane

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes!! this is beautiful, I love the last lines the most

"I want to be in an impossible dream

Never hear reality scream"

Oh how that is my dream to, what a great thought you have penned so very well. I love this poem of yours, like I do all your other works. I will favor this one.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As Helen said before me, I too love the imagery you have painted, especially the
stanza:

I want to inhale the scent in the breeze
Dancing with the swaying trees


(although all our thoughts, as a wisw poet recently told me, have been thought before at some time in History, our own individual emotions have never been felt the same way by another, nor will they, ever, ever.)

INDIA?

hmmmm..............

Anyways,
i like this very much.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ahmmm!! Well this is really a piece with which I can closely relate to..
I think so you experienced this kind of weather in past month, because believe me...it's same here...
And I agree with Helen that in India here we hardly have this kind of weather( at least the place where I live)

yeah!..now coming to your write..
It's been beautifully written...The flow is damn awesome and impressive
And lovely imagination, thus the reader could even feel his presence out there.

"I want to get drenched in the rain
And wash away the pain"-I loved these lines a lot...


A super and very powerful read overall..
Thanks for sharing it :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a dicotomy of joy and freedom within and repression and sadness without. Really wonderful work. It is a work of longing but you have envisions what you want... that is half the battle. Beautiful poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

excellent piece my friend....lots of emotion and I love the pic you added.......I always say the right pic adds to the piece!!!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a very strong poem. The message is clear and very well executed with great imagery. Well done! NH

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is beautiful and the inspiration was strong it seems i love your last verse.. it is grogeous all of it ..
A fav for me and i have found many today on top writing .. congratulations too ..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Truly beautiful. Wonderfully penned and flowed great with such raw emotion.


Great Write.


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

910 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 24, 2008
Last Updated on March 24, 2008

Author

Candle in the wind
Candle in the wind

Calcutta, India



About
Flickering and blazing,not yet blown out in the wind... the flame has to sustain itself when the rains set in... Beyond norms and overrated sanity " We look before and after And pine for what i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..