I want to...

I want to...

A Poem by Candle in the wind
"

While driving through a storm in the weekend this just welled up in my mind. The wind whistling past, the rain drops pelting on the windscreen, the swaying trees and the blast on my face and my hair blown all over made me want to break free...

"


I want to walk through a storm

Break every fetter and norm

 

I want to get drenched in the rain

And wash away the pain

 

I want the wind blowing on my face

While I run at my own pace

 

I want to wrap around the cloud

Feel free to sing out aloud

 

I want to inhale the scent in the breeze
Dancing with the swaying trees

 

 

I want to embrace the cold air

In awe just stand and stare

 

I want to be in an impossible dream

Never hear reality scream

© 2008 Candle in the wind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What are you waiting for? Go and do it, having said that you would not have much of the kind of weather you mention here in INDIA I guess.
I can understand your wanting to do these things as they are a cleansing, nurturing and comforting gift from the elements.
I love the imagery you created, I can feel the wind and rain on my face...
Love,
Helen xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is truly beautiful. Riveting.
I've always loved the storms. Can't help it. ~wicked grin~
All that raw power. Destructive. Fierce. Forlorn. Raging.
It encompasses so much and you just want to chuck your clothes and run willy-nilly, screaming into the wind.
I'm waiting for a storm such as this. It's been a long winter here. I want to see the wind, feel the rain.
Thanks for putting such a wonderful mirage of words here.
It was exactly what I need to "wet" my appetite.
~whispering to herself~
There's no place like rain... there's no place like rain... there's no place like rain!
:)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your words made it all sound so perfect, but I hate the rain and the wind...lol
Nice write, well done

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow... thanks for this poem!! It reminds me of the times I spent ~~~ standing in the rain just enjoying getting drenched by the cool rain drops, getting soaked clear through; you reminded me of good times spent riding my motorcycle also through the rain but, knowing that once the rain ended, the wind would dry me completely, in no time at all; I haven't sung freely, out loud, in quite a long time but, the memories of doing so puts a big smile upon my face; inhaling scents on a breeze... reminds me of how much I enjoy the scents in the air when Autumn begins and continues into Winter; that sweet smell of dry leaves upon the dampened ground, that is one of my favorites scents of all! Truly a fine write!! Thanks for sharing and making me smile!! Bear

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem. It just feels very empowering as you read it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Powerful writing to match the powerful storm! What a nice piece you've 'blown in' with! Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I want to wrap around the cloud

Feel free to sing out aloud

A wonderful free- falling( feeling ) piece of writing ~ THanks for sharing such lovely verse~Fran

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of something I wrote once. More or Less a desire to escape judgment and the rules of society. To be free from all and live the life we choose. I love that this poem presents you with that feeling of freedom and inner peace. I really like it.
♥Destiny♥

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really love the photo that you used here so beautiful and alluring in a sense. I really love the way you write and capture such a raw energy among your words. You tell a tale so vividly that anyone that reads your words is able to see them and feel them other than just read them. They do not remain just laying upon a page they take a life of their own. It is always a pleasure to read your words.


Well Done!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the poem. You have such wizardry with your words!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

We have one chance to live a beautiful life and we are the masters of our destiny. I believe those that don't live as their spirit intends for them will find it can affect their health. Be good to yourself and find a way to find the freedom you crave here. I love your whole poem and I can be encouraged and relate to it very much so.
Your words......"I want the wind blowing on my face While I run at my own pace I want to wrap around the cloud Feel free to sing out aloud"...I hear escape in your words. Maybe take a little time for yourself and travel for a few days and pamper yourself! Your poem is truly a treasure!



Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

910 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 24, 2008
Last Updated on March 24, 2008

Author

Candle in the wind
Candle in the wind

Calcutta, India



About
Flickering and blazing,not yet blown out in the wind... the flame has to sustain itself when the rains set in... Beyond norms and overrated sanity " We look before and after And pine for what i.. more..

Writing