Just Human

Just Human

A Poem by Candle in the wind
"

Perhaps a Tanka inspired by Tania...just to reassert that I am unable to live up to divine expectations and should be allowed my bouts of unreasonableness -- not that I expect a redemption but what is the harm in shouting it out !

"

I do hurt and bleed

And yearn for happiness too

I am just human!

I cringe and snap and envy

I want what I cannot have

© 2008 Candle in the wind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think we've all fallen victim to wanting happiness. How it comes at you with sweet wickedness and quickly leaves you feeling alone. I too have been to the depths and seen the darkest hours, yerning for happinees like silent showers....sorry I tend to rhymn even when I don't want to. I like this piece. much respect - XO D.E.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent Tanka, and I agree with Tania-A great job for your first. :-) A perfect 31 syllables! :-)

We are indeed human. :-) The way I look at it...whatever I am meant to have, I will, and whatever is not good for me will not be given me. I leave it up to divine providence. Lends a greater peace that way. Hope you have a great day! What is the weather like in Calcutta today? When I think of Calcutta, I think of Mother Theresa. What a marvelous role model for humanity and woman of compassion. :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, this is a fantastic Tanka, and an exquisite job for your first one!

It is very deep.....you said so much in so few words. Excellent write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A perfect Tanka! Beautifully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You are quite right....go for it .....

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

we all hurt and bleed dear,we all want what we cant have ,actually i think we can ,its just life wont let you have your way as you like nice write its all about this stupid life

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

636 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2008
Last Updated on June 18, 2008

Author

Candle in the wind
Candle in the wind

Calcutta, India



About
Flickering and blazing,not yet blown out in the wind... the flame has to sustain itself when the rains set in... Beyond norms and overrated sanity " We look before and after And pine for what i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain


The "F" Word The "F" Word

A Story by Rain