Our fireworks date.

Our fireworks date.

A Story by Ralph Stanczuk
"

July 4th is one of the best days to me, and spending it with you only makes it better. Sadly, this isn't based on personal experience.

"

It was a late night on 4th of july, and we went to the fire work show at Jones beach. I usually go alone every year with my family, but this year was different and this year i had somebody special to take with me.

   The two of us set up our blankets and got a perfect view for the fireworks, we got there a little bit early so we could talk and what not. We ended up going into the water, one of the best moments in my life. I remember it so clearly, the two of us jumping when a wave would come and it would knock us right off of our feet, but we didn't care because we were having a blast. I would kid around with you and splash you, that's when you would run away. I would chase after you, looking foward; your hair was blowing in the wind and when you looked back i saw the most beautiful smile, and heard the most beautiful laugh. When i would finally catch up to you, i would grapple my arms around your waist and slowly pick you up and pretend to throw you in the water. You would giggle and say,"Omg, i hate you!" but i knew you were only kidding. When we were done fooling around the two of us stood in the water, far enough so the water was hitting our lower knees. You were in front of me and i had my hands around you, sort of like hugging you from behind. I remember you would turn around a bit and smile at me and then kiss me, now that's a kiss i will never forget. There's no better feeling than kissing the girl of your dreams while the ocean's water is slowly hitting your legs.

   It was time for the firework show and we went back to our spot. We layed their together, your head on my chest still able to see the show. You weren't paying attention when the first mortar went off, you were busy looking at the stars and that's when the big boom arrived. I remember seeing you jump closer into me, and it felt good knowing you felt safe near me. It was the most adorable thing i've seen you do, and i remember that cute smile of yours after you got scared. As the firework show continued i remember throughout the show you would randomly look up at me with those beautiful blue eyes, i would see the fireworks glare off of them and you would just look at me and smile. That smile of yours, and the way you looked at me; is a memory i will never forget.

When the last firework went off we didn't get a chance to see it because we were busy looking into each other's eyes and when we heard the boom we pressed our lips gently to one another's and didn't let go. After our lovely kiss, we just stared at one another and that's when i looked deeper into your eyes with a huge smile and said, "I love you." You looked at me with the most adorable smile, more cheerful than ever and said, "I love you too."

  It was my favorite 4th of july, not only was it because of the amazing fireworks but because i had the most amazing girl with me, the girl that i'm in love with. There's no other thing i'd rather do on 4th of july than to watch fireworks with you and if you don't mind i would love to spend the rest of my 4th of july's with you by my side.

© 2013 Ralph Stanczuk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The message is loud and clear in these words that you've shared here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


How cute! The story flows nicely. I wouldn't have guessed that this isn't based off of a personal experience; it seemed so real.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like how fluid your writing is. Prose is a difficult writing subject for me, so I appreciate yours very much. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Your writing reminded me so much of how I assume Nicholas Sparks writes (I've never read his books but I've seen his movies) and his writing is always so romantic and wonderful. I don't think I've read something of yours YET that hasn't impressed me. You hold think about writing a live story (book) that rhymes! How wonderful that would be!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A very well written story of personal experience. I found myself smiling as I read this. You paint a very beautiful picture into the readers mind. Love is always a amazing emotion to put into words whether it be of positive or negative tone, the piece is always heartfelt. I love this very much. You profess your love so sweetly..She is a lucky girl!

--Katerina

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katerina Felinova

10 Years Ago

AND I might add, I just read how this isn't based on personal experience...which makes this piece wa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 16, 2013
Tags: love, romance, romantic, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, kissing, holding hands, cuddle

Author

Ralph Stanczuk
Ralph Stanczuk

NY



About
17 year old boy named Ralph :) Thank you for all of your reviews, it means a lot! more..

Writing
Dinner. Dinner.

A Chapter by Ralph Stanczuk