Preface, Guide and Acknowledgments

Preface, Guide and Acknowledgments

A Chapter by Random Peter
"

How to read this book!

"

Preface

 

Before you even start reading I want to warn you that it is a special Sci-Fi book, and if you feel antagonistic to high fantasy, feel free to close the book right now.

Okay, are you still here? That is a good choice!

As we proceed, I would like to clarify how you are supposed to pronounce my name. Unfortunately, I need to do that. Because it is far from a regular one, it is neither John nor Steven. As there were no fully developed and accessible ways to write my name, I asked for help of linguistic researches and we finally decided that my name will be spelled with a capital “S” in the middle. This was used to extract unnecessary letters, or it would look like Isshtrait, weird, huh?

 My draconic name is IsStrait* and is pronounced as [Es-shh-tra-et]. That is all you need to know for now.

The Guide

 

Hello, my dear reader who will be my friend forever, my name is IsStrait. Honestly, I have a lot of names, but I stick to this particular one because it does not make sense… To you, yet. If the pronunciation of my awesome name is hard - do not bother with it, call me Ish. I will not give you a lot of info about me because what is the point of reading if you know everything from the beginning?

This novel was originated and written by me with the support of my friends in this reality and it is about my life and events that led me to sit on a very uncomfortable chair and write this sentence. And this one too. Without any experience in writing anything ever before, I was able to combine all my thoughts and reflections about my life and put them on this paper.

All the events really took place, they are all true, however you will not understand then the concept of my story. It will look like Science Fiction to you. That is for sure. But I swear to God, all the things that happened were true, although in the different dimension. So, we can call it an autobiography mixed with drama and science fiction etc. “Ewww,” you may think, “What is this stuff about?” Okay, deal, no more confusion. Forget everything that I have told you. Oh, not everything, but… Damn!

Reading this long novel, which I do NOT consider VERY long, never skip a misunderstood word as it will make you feel blank. And if it happens, you will be unable to finish reading the page or you will just lose the connections between some events (I want to prevent this thing to happen). When you pass THAT misunderstood word you will feel blank, sort of dead, start skipping paragraphs (and thanks to God that you are not doing it right now, because you are reading this line), dizzy, disinterested or simply stuck on the bottom of the page and thinking “Wait, what was it about?”. If you do not know the meaning of a word - NEVER skip it. Clarify it first! Fortunately for you, I do not want to write in a very hard manner with broad descriptions and deeply featuring the characteristics of the nature. Nature is nature, go outside and find out it for yourself.

What I want from you is not to be lazy and go and discover a glossary section at the end *Spoiler Alert*. I have already written all the names there and how the heroes are connected.

Never, listen to me, NEVER scroll down to see what is next. What is the point of looking forward? Tell me! All the information in the book is useful, every line contains some extremely important details. But, generally speaking, people scroll down because they are basically bored. Surprisingly, it is good. It means my novel is undeveloped, my writing is still immature and it needs improvement

What can I say now? Enjoy. And thanks for reading this.

Now you may proceed to the next page.

 

-                       IsStrait The author

 

Random Acknowledgments to

 

v  All my family - My mom, my aunt and my grandmother, who spent all their lives caring about me.

v  Byrne Creek Secondary School staff for showing me a variety of mature characters.

v  Writerscafe.org members who gave me some useful advises how to improve my writing.

v  Draconic community for giving me a descriptive overview on dragons, how they behave and how does it feel like to be a dragon.

v  And everybody who just knows me. You too.



© 2013 Random Peter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on July 13, 2013
Last Updated on July 13, 2013


Author

Random Peter
Random Peter

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada



About
Hi my name is Peter. Welcome to my profile page. I am a casual and a common writer, and my main specialization in writing novels. Don't like short stuff. Roses are red Violets are blue I am also.. more..

Writing
Screw Screw

A Poem by Random Peter