A Cape

A Cape

A Poem by Ranger Kessel

Let not your beautiful heart be troubled because I personally am privy to insider knowledge regarding just exactly what god wears. You know, a friend of a friend, and I'm not really supposed to say anything, so you know you have to remember that loose lips sink ships, at least the ones who's party staffs don't wear nylons above the knee. Any-hoo, this very question reared it's silly little rear end up at a dinner party I attended somewhere in the past when I was researching a cute, little story I planned to author under a pen name of course, which I wasn't going to tell you, but I just can't resist, Steven White, yes, there I said it, oh my god, now you know and it's getting warmer in here, which included a chapter about god doing a little droppy drop in on the old human race. And needless to say, there was a thing or two that god shook that big old finger at. There are two outfits, actually. One more formal than the other.The favorite burning bush is always great for dinner or cocktails with Moses and the gang, but the real piece de resistance, the piece everyone raves about, the piece that the red carpet (dyed specifically with the blood of the jews) is laid out before, the piece that you would give up your only peanut butter sandwich and banana for, the piece that is so special that jars of jam shatter in its presence, (only the unsullied, of course), the piece that is so tremendously, breathtakingly, unspeakably unmentionable that it doesn't get washed with god's tremendously, breathtakingly, unspeakable unmentionables, is what god refers affectionately to as the flummox cape. The cape itself is rumored to have been created to highly precise measurements and specifications, by an army of midget slaves brought into existence in a universe which existed for no other purpose than to create the object of such magnificent grandeur. The said universe promptly destroyed after it's creation to insure the piece was one of a kind. For a similar comparison, see Liberace 1969. And for what does one do with one's flummox cape? Well, one flummoxes of course. And god has, through his ookie spookie ways left me perpetually flummoxed.

© 2022 Ranger Kessel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this a lot. I especially liked the reference to one-of-a-kind Liberace. The whole thing had a wonderful pace to it. Congratulations on a well-done piece or writing.

PS: When I worked in Las Vegas one of the snowbirds that came to the casino was from Green Bay. He said he had to turn on his furnace in August. I never went to Green Bay after that.
I also met Aaron Rogers, but I can't tell you those details.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on July 4, 2022
Last Updated on July 4, 2022

Author

Ranger Kessel
Ranger Kessel

Green Bay, WI



About
I like rhymes. Humor. Love. And your mother. more..

Writing
A Barn A Barn

A Poem by Ranger Kessel


5 5

A Poem by Ranger Kessel