And so it Begins

And so it Begins

A Chapter by RapidReviewer
"

Alex is a young and new duelist about to attend a Q & A session with Seto Kaiba and Yugi Muto. He goes and buys a deck then rushes the see the legends in action.

"
And so it Begins


Alex awoke with a rush of energy. Ecstatic that this was the day. He was going to the dueling expo in Domino City. He had a one in a million chance of meeting the king of games Yugi Muto himself since he was participating in a question and answer session with Seto Kaiba his rival. Alex hadn't made a deck yet so he was in a hurry to go to the game shop. 

Alex was fourteen years old: Long and shiny blond hair, topaz brown eyes and relatively tall. His shoulders were buff and strong His legs were strong and fast. He wasn't afraid of a challenge so that's why when he finished one of his goals he would be racing for another faster than anything on earth. His room was never the same for more than a month. One month it could be chess and the next it could be checkers. Black and white to red and black. chess boards to checker boards and shirts. Bed sheets from black to white. The strange thing is that once he moved from one thing to another he never ever forgot it:

He loved snap when he was three. His mother bought him many different packs. Beach themed, animal themed, color themed. He had hundreds of them when he was younger. Now at fourteen he could snap a pair before you even flipped the card he was that good.

Today was one of the days where a change was taking place within him. Duel Monsters was at the top of his list now. He had stayed up all night studying the game. He studied everything from normal summoning to sacrificing. Special summoning to ritual summoning, Synchro to XYZ monsters, All he needed now was a deck and a strategy round that deck, He had saved up a hundred dollars from his weekend job at Domino mini-mart. Thirty dollars a week which in terms of being an assistant and part-time wasn't that bad. Alex worked in the shelving part of the store. Him and his workmate Ricky were close friends. They always stuck-up for each other. Although the two of them were fourteen the two were quite responsible. But that doesn't mean the two of them didn't prank a person or two every now and then. Once Ricky put flour right at the back of a shelf with magazines on it. The flour bag was cut slightly so it slightly pouring out. Another boy - looking about fifteen or sixteen - picked the magazine at random and whack. The flour bag fell on his head and ripped open He went from wearing red shirt and blue jeans with black trainers to a white man who got lost from his way to the north pole. Alex and Ricky burst out laughing but the happiness didn't last long. The boss appeared behind them. Grumpy looking, arms crossed and a disappointing look in his eye. He stared at the boys for a few seconds then laughed slightly. He patted the boys on the head and walked off. The boys managed to hear himself chuckling to himself and muttering Good one!

Alex ran downstairs and zoomed right past his mother.
"Whoa !" His mom yelped as she almost fell down the stairs. Alex paused and turned round as he was almost halfway out the door.
"Where do you think your going young man" She questioned.
"D...d... Duel Monsters Q and A with Seto Kaiba and Yugi Muto" Alex could only mutter the words as he was jogging on the spot and rearing to get going and fast.
His mother smiled and waved her hand "On you go you crazy nut" Alex smiled and waved back to his mother as she closed the door. Alex looked at his watch as it beeped
"Aah ! seven thirty " Alex yelled. He didn't think he just ran to the game shop a few streets down.

He slammed the door open and ran right to the counter - Luckily there was no one in the line.
"Hay." Alex asked panting for breath as he had ran about three streets up the hill.
"What starter deck packs do you have?" The old man behind the counter pointed into the glass display case under the counter. There were five starter packs left. A Dragon type deck, a Fish type deck, An Insect type deck, A Machine type deck and a Pyro type deck. Alex looked back and forth for about five minuted before deciding,
"How much is the Dragon type deck?"
"Ninety Nine Dollars." The man replied
"What!" Alex yelled slightly
"How is it that expensive" Alex questioned. The Man laughed and took it out from behind the display case and showed it to him. On the box in which the deck was in it was a massive sticker printed on the back.
' Super rare deck. Contains five mega rares, Ten rares, twenty uncommon, twenty five common and twenty regular cards.'
"Oah!" Alex realized. He thought to himself for a minute and decided.
"I'll take it" He said as he took two fifty dollar bills out of his wallet.
The Old man handed him the deck case and he ripped the deck holder out of it. All the cards were in mint condition and had plastic covers over them keeping them clean and looking good. He opened the packs and seen his five ultra rare cards.
'Ancient Dragon','Blizzard Dragon','Alexandrite Dragon','Five-Headed Dragon' and 'Red-Eyes B. Dragon'
"Sweet" Alex said to himself. His watch beeped again and almost gave him a heart attack.
"OAH NO. I spent too much time in that shop' Alex forgot all about the people next to him in the street and bolted for it. He could have given Usain Bolt a run for his Olympic medal.

"Excuse me, Watch out, coming through" Alex slowly but surely made his way to as close to the front as he could through the crowd. The announcers were already keeping people quiet for the big announcement. luckily Alex hadn't missed it.
"Now are all you duel fans ready!" The entire park shook as the entire crowd of at least five thousand people screamed and cheered. Their Duel-Disks strapped to their wrists and their decks in their pockets.
"Here they are!" The crowd continued to scream and shout as the doors of Kaiba-Corp opened slowly revealing two figures.One tall with brown hair and crossed arms, A silver jacket and black trousers. Seto Kaiba. Kaiba slowly walked forwards to the presenters and was handed the microphone. Everyone. Duelists who come from all over the world. Here he is. The number one duelist in the world. The King Of Games himself Yugi Muto!" The crowd roared and screamed louder and louder all the time Alex stood there mesmerism as the figure with black, purple and yellow hair came walking through the Kaiba-Corp main doors. Yugi Muto. Kaiba handed the Microphone to Yugi and so it had begun. Alex's duelist career was about to begin on this day.


© 2013 RapidReviewer


Author's Note

RapidReviewer
Tell me about grammar and punctuation please and also I don't own ANY or these ideas apart from Alex himself. Seto Kaiba and Yugi Muto belong to Kazuki Takahashi 2006

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Break up your paragraphs and work on making your sentences and descriptions more dynamic. As it stands you've got a great deal of passive voice going on which is really not very appealing to the reader. In addition, I'm somewhat doubtful as to your choice of setting, but that consideration aside, and judging purely on writing, you need to decide what message you want to send with this piece. Currently, there doesn't seem to be much of a message at all, if any - it's pure narrative.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

Thank-you for the review and helping me make it better but could you translate that into... - easy t.. read more



Reviews

Very good, I liked it. Although, I noticed minor spelling errors, I hope you don't mind me pointing them out to you.

going the the dueling expo in Domino City. = 'going to the
flour bag was cur slightly so it slightly pouring out. = 'flour bag was cut'
"What started deck packs do you have?" = 'What starter deck'
started packs left. = 'starter packs'
His watched beeped again and almost gave = 'His watch beeped'
and bolted it for it. = 'and bolted for it.'
way to as close to the front as he could the the crown. = 'as he could through the crowd.'
"Now all you duel fans ate you ready!" = 'are you ready!'
time Alex stood their mesmerism = 'stood there mermerised'

Hope you'll write more. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for helping me find those mistakes. I changed all but one you spotted. Mesmerized .. read more
Rose

11 Years Ago

I'll try my best to help with any mistakes I noticed. I will look forward to reading more of this s.. read more
Break up your paragraphs and work on making your sentences and descriptions more dynamic. As it stands you've got a great deal of passive voice going on which is really not very appealing to the reader. In addition, I'm somewhat doubtful as to your choice of setting, but that consideration aside, and judging purely on writing, you need to decide what message you want to send with this piece. Currently, there doesn't seem to be much of a message at all, if any - it's pure narrative.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

Thank-you for the review and helping me make it better but could you translate that into... - easy t.. read more
Brilliant ! I've never really seen so much detail and events in a solid chapter before ! I admire your writing skills !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013


Author

RapidReviewer
RapidReviewer

Naples, FL



About
I'll Review Anything Anytime I Love whatever ! I read all books from Adventure to Western. I'm on almost all the time I'll accept any friend request. read review and group invitation. My Name is Sam a.. more..

Writing