Alex's Question and Yugi's Answer

Alex's Question and Yugi's Answer

A Chapter by RapidReviewer
"

Out of all the odds Alex gets picked to be the last question. He pauses for a slight second and nearly looses his change. Does he catch it by a thread or does his duelist dream die there and then.

"
Alex's Question and Yugi's Answer

Smiling with the biggest grin he had ever had on his face Alex's hand shot straight up the millisecond the announcer asked for the first question.
"You there with the pink top and the 'Dark Magician Girl' hat." 
The announcer shouted. 
"Yay!" The girl screamed.
"A-hem. My question is for Seto Kaiba. When did you first met Yugi how did your rivalry begin."
Kaiba answered her question in a happy yet serious voice.
"It was when i heard him and his friend Wheeler taking in class about a rare card his grandfather had. Since i had already three 'Blue-Eyes White Dragon' cards in my possession. I didn't want the fourth used against me. I went to the game shop and didn't get it. I then challenged his Grandfather to a duel and won. The fourth blue-eyes has now in my possession. Yugi came along and tried to get it back. That was the first time i lost to Yugi and 'Exodia' The fourth Blue-Eyes was destroyed that day and I possess all of the others."

The question went on back and fourth for a few hours. Many people asked different questions. a few interesting ones where. How did Yugi get his puzzle and How good was Jaden Yuki when Yugi and Him dueled. Alex was about to give up hope when it happened.

"You there. blond boy It the jacket, red t-shirt and blue denim jeans."
Alex felt a sudden burst of dis-belief as indescribable feelings shot through him. Alex pointed to himself just to define who the announcer was asking for.
"Yes, you little guy." Was the announcer's reply.
"My question is..." Alex's voice suddenly cut off. He tried and tried to get a word out but it was no use. He couldn't speak, Was it the nerves of being the focus of attention. Or was it the the fear of asking something stupid. It never occurred to him what he was going to ask. nevertheless who he was asking. "C'mon kid we ain't got all day. This is the last question" Alex strained himself to speak but it was no use. He was voiceless. "Oah well were out of time. Thank you to every duelist who shown up today and remember May the heart of the cards guide you." Yugi and Kaiba walked back into the doors of the main Kaiba-Corp Building. The crowd split in the middle. Half exited to the west gate of the park the other half to the East. Alex was left there standing alone, confused and hurt. His one big chance. Gone.

He stood alone for a few seconds maybe even a minute before moving.He walked past the crowds of people dotting the streets before turning into an alley way which went behind the store he worked at. He made his way around the Kaiba-Corp building and stopped. A single tear fell down his face as he looked at the back doors.
"Why me." He said. He felt as if it was unfair. He looked down to the pavement in sorrow. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"You wanted at ask me something?"
Alex turned around thinking that someone was playing a sick and twisted trick on him but no. It was real. He was real. Standing before Alex was Yugi Muto. The King OF Games himself.

"New duelist will need some tips. Who better to get them from than me!" Yugi said.
"How did you know I was new?" Alex asked him in a surprised tone. Suddenly the old man from the game shop appeared from behind Yugi.
"Your the --" Alex was cut off by the Old man
"Old man from the game shop" The man answered. Yugi smiled and patted Alex's shoulder. "He's my grandpa."
"Oah yeah. Kaiba said that..." Alex went on about what happened a few seconds ago when Solomon - Yugi's Grandpa - interrupted him.
"Kaiba did win the Blue-eyes from me but it didn't go missing like he said.2
"What!" Alex questioned.
"He tore it so Yugi couldn't use it against him."
Yugi patted his grandpa's back and encouraged him to go back to the game shop to close up for the night.
"Your question" Yugi asked. Alex nodded and took a deep breath. "Duel me!" Alex almost shouted. Yugi paused for a second. Then answered.
"Sure" Alex out of nowhere ran to Yugi and hugged him. Happiness and surprise took over his actions.
"But sadly i can't today." Yugi said sorrowfully. Alex looked up at him a bit sad. Yugi patted his shoulder and seen Alex's phone in his jacket pocket. He reached in and took it.
"Hay what are you?" Alex was about to shout at Yugi when we realized what he was doing.
"Here." Yugi said handing Alex's phone back to him. I'll call when I have some free time. Until then keep in touch. I'll be able to help you with some strategies maybe trad a few cards sometime. Yugi walked away from Alex and back into the Kaiba-Corp building. Alex smiled and shouted thanks back at Yugi. Yugi waved back at him then went inside Kaiba-Corp. Alex looked at his phone and there it was. Yugi's contact. He ran home and showed his mother. 

Dinner was just ready when Alex arrived home. His mother had set the plates and food was just being served. Alex ate happily and went up to bed happily. His day went from exciting in the morning, to distraught in the afternoon the complete perfection in the evening. Alex had met the King Of Games and was free to ask him anything anytime. Life seemed good, But would it stay that way?


© 2013 RapidReviewer


Author's Note

RapidReviewer
Inform me about grammar punctuation etc... also leave a good review for me !?!?!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

taking in class about a = 'talking'
The fourth blue-eyes has now in my = 'The fourth blue-eyes was'
The question went = 'The questions'
a few interesting ones where. = 'ones were'
blond boy It the jacket = 'in the jacket'
Thank you to every duelist who shown = 'who showed'
we realized what he = 'he realized'
maybe trad a few cards = 'maybe trade'
the afternoon the complete = 'the afternoon, to complete'

Just few minor spelling errors, but besides that, great chapter, can't wait for more. :3

Keep writing. Great chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

Thank's i'll get right on those !
Rose

11 Years Ago

No problem



Reviews

taking in class about a = 'talking'
The fourth blue-eyes has now in my = 'The fourth blue-eyes was'
The question went = 'The questions'
a few interesting ones where. = 'ones were'
blond boy It the jacket = 'in the jacket'
Thank you to every duelist who shown = 'who showed'
we realized what he = 'he realized'
maybe trad a few cards = 'maybe trade'
the afternoon the complete = 'the afternoon, to complete'

Just few minor spelling errors, but besides that, great chapter, can't wait for more. :3

Keep writing. Great chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

Thank's i'll get right on those !
Rose

11 Years Ago

No problem
This is a good write, with a good main character. But you may need to check your spelling. Overall, the ending is amazing. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

Thank-You !
Chidoriflower

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome!
Seems good for grammar and a really good twist. Loved it !
100/100


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RapidReviewer

11 Years Ago

thanks !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2013
Last Updated on February 24, 2013


Author

RapidReviewer
RapidReviewer

Naples, FL



About
I'll Review Anything Anytime I Love whatever ! I read all books from Adventure to Western. I'm on almost all the time I'll accept any friend request. read review and group invitation. My Name is Sam a.. more..

Writing