Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ray Evans

The day was a normal, the time was the same, everything was perfect. Nothing evil or pure ever stepped out of place. This was how life was in the realm of King Goun. King Goun was a strong leader. He showed promise in his eyes, he would protect everything that his walls held. The arms of his kingdom were always open to the people outside. They were always there when the beast, and the storms would follow the pure and innocent. The king took pride in his laws. He took pride in his people, until one day a flower was given life. This flower was told she would save many hearts and minds. She took this as gospel, but many wanted to destroy her and some wanted to take her place. Even the King’s right hand man, and friend tried to eliminate her. Rashev, known as the raven god, saw her as a threat to himself, so he sent her to the human world. This enraged the king. Rashev was sent away; however, he swore to return and claim the crown that he believed he deserved. Years have passed now and the King has been waiting, until one day.

               “King Goun The kingdoms are under attack by the raven god Rashev! He leaves nothing but a trail of black smoke, and towers of fire wherever he may walk; while his ravens leave wives widows and children orphans. My lord he is waiting for you. Shall I call the army and generals? What is our plan?” a knight from the King’s court asked showing that he was in pure distress. The King stood from his throne and stepped towards the worried knight. He said to him, but he spoke with the breath of 1,000 brave men.

“worry not my combatant of the sky, you fight with strength and bravery. I am sertend that not even the sea will face you for your courage matches the flame of a dragon’s tongue. You and your brothers in arms will help save the three kingdoms, but I fear this kingdom shall be lost. Rashve is a man of power and wit. Only I stand a chance against his evil heart. Now run, run like the wind of the sea and time. Go  find the queen of dreams, the flower from long ago. She will aid you in your troubles. She is pure as the sky itself, her heart is one of a dove, and her eyes as deep as ocean. Her hair as light as the sun and skin as soft as a cloud. She will bring back the hope of the worlds and beauty of the kingdoms. Take your comrades and find her she is our only hope my friend. Our only hope.”

                   The King lowers himself onto one knee. Bending down and bowing to his knight, this is the sign of kingship, and the trade of power. The knight leaves knowing this would be the last time he would see the breath of life in his king’s lungs. Once the knight left the king stood awaiting his doom. The king showed no fear, even though the only path that was before him was death. The king turns towards his throne and there stood his old friend. Rashev stood in the window sill waiting to be let in, acting like a small helpless bird. After what seemed like a few minutes Rashev realized that the King was not going to let him in. He soon slowly opened the window himself, stepping into the throne room Rashev spoke up in the most fractured voice.

“It brings me great amounts of joy to see my once beloved friend and king  again, honestly how long has it been since I saw your growing face one, two, ten years. Heh it only feels like yesterday when you ruined my plan and I sent that perfect little flower away. I wonder how is she by the way? Is she happy? Does she know that she has a greater purpose in life or has she become human? Did you really think I would forget what I did to her, you didn't  really think I wouldn’t find her again. Now that was very rudest you to assume that I am not smart enough to remember where she went, but I forgive you and you know what, I will offer you a deal. You give me the crown now, and I spare your pathetic life, and if you don’t let just say it is not going to end well when I take the throne from your hands. Now what will it be? Do you choose life or death?” Rashev stood there wait for an answer. His ruby eyes staring at the King. Goun cal my walked up to Rashev, putting his hand on the hilt of his sword which was hidden underneath his robe.

“Its is a great day to see an old friend, but not a friend who lies, cheats, and kills for what they wish for. I know you have already won this war since you have ready a plan. Your eyes speak of flame and blood. Hatred and anger. You have no rule but yet you have laws. You have no king and yet you follow those in power. I never really understood you my friend, but I do know that you will never find the flower. You have hidden her from yourself, even if you turn yourself human you will never get to her. She is a place no soul can reach, no life can find, and no death will reveal. Take my life, and crown. Take my kingdom and my hope, but just know I will fight until my blood stains the seas. I will honor truth until the stars themselves fall. You may take my title as king but you will never be more that than the dream on you became.”

The king stood now face to face with Rashev. He pulled his sword from under his robe, but before he could even wound the Raven god he fell dead with feathers stabbing his neck and the claws of Ravens in his heart.

“I told you old man, I’m going to find her even if I end up killing everyone. Her power will be mine.”



© 2018 Ray Evans


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on January 7, 2018
Last Updated on April 3, 2018


Author

Ray Evans
Ray Evans

tulsa, OK



About
I am a young writer with the hope to expand my fan-base and in the future get some of my works published. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ray Evans