Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ray Evans
"

this is the first draft of this chapter but i will post the final draft soon

"

             I stare up at the night sky then back to my drawing I smile at how well it was turning out.

“Allen Kate come inside it is getting too late my dear and plus your uncles are coming tomorrow,” My name was Allen Kate I was a little bit of what you call a shy artist but my father tells me I am the best artist he has ever seen. Well before he died. He died about three years ago and today was my 15th birthday and of course my grandparents will somehow get a cake and presents even tho we are one of the poorest families in town.

“Allen come here please.” a voice calls from the the direction of the house that I live in. I stand up and look to see my grandfather waving at me from the back porch. I also notice that my two best friends Oliver and Oscar Quinn. I grab all of my drawing supplies and start walking to the house, but before I reached the back fence a huge black cloud formed above my head and of course being the stupid teenager I am I stop and stare at it. Next thing you know I’m sucked up in a magical portal and end up marrying a prince heh just kidding that would be stupid. Instead the cloud grows bigger in size it looked around five miles in diameter.

“ALLEN!!!!!!!” oliver screams. I began to run towards the house but as I reach the back porch.

“Allen, Oliver, and Oscar get inside the house and get your grandma for me.” my grandfather orders. We quickly go inside but instead of my grandmother I find a tall man with black hair and dark red eyes. He was about 6'4 and towered over us like a nightmare fresh from the mind. He look at us with a dead stare and started to grow a broken smile.

“Hello sweet children I was hoping you could tell me something. Don't worry I am not the monster you be scared of, I am here to save the poor lost flower of my home and beauty that is hope to my people.  It was told that she lives in this broken and disgusting world.” he spoke with a smooth voice I could help but listen.

“Um….sir I know earth is crappy some time but could you not speak bad about my home.” Oliver speaks up and glares at the towering man. He turns to her and bends down to her level.

“And who is this strong little knight if I may ask?” she flips her bangs (if you can call them that since she has a pixie cut)

“One mister emo giant man I am not small and two the names Oliver Quinn and I will forever hate you for calling me a little knight you out dated vampire.” she says with a stern look on her face.

“Please excuse my little sister she is a little bit of a hot head and loves starting fights.” The very smart and quiet Oscar said. The man turns to Oscar and nod he then faces me once more.


“Now back to my question will you help me.” he asked once more. “Wait how do we know you wouldn't just take us to some god forsaken place and leave us there.

”Oliver said with anger clearly forming in her words as if she knows he should do such a thing.

“We don’t even know who you are.”

“Oh that is very important young child. Well my name is Rashev the god of ravens and king of my realm and since we cleared that up and now that you know my name do we have a deal? I must know now for the darkness here is growing as we speak and I fear there is not much time left for my realm either.” He reaches his hand out as if asking for a handshake to sign the deed which would say that we the young children of Fallberry hills are willing to help this poor king save his home and people. He looked at me with hope and eagerness in his eyes and his voice was comforting but with a hint of pain. Without thinking I grab his hand and shook it making my choice clear. Oliver and Oscar look at me with fear in their eyes know that they could not change my mind thus sealing their lives as well as mine.

“Wait if she is going we are coming too, and frankly I don't believe that my friend as smart as she is can handle such burden on her own.” Oscar stated. “Yeah she is our friend and friends don’t leave other friends alone especially with creepy outdated vampires like you Mister Edgelord.” Oliver added as they walked over to me and stood next to me. He seemed to be repulsed at the word friends but he quickly regains his calm and dark composer. “Fine but only if my little hero needs to annoying sidekicks.” He said “so my dear do you think you need your Friends or can you do this on your own.” He pushed the word friends out of his mouth like it was a poison for his brain. I turned towards my friends and then faced the Raven god.

“I know for my passed adventures that my friends are more than sidekicks they are my equal and if they don't join me then I will do everything in my power to let your world burn.” I grab my friends by the hands making my decision very clear.

“My little hero made her choice then. Fine I can make room for two more little brats.” With that he snaps his fingers and a chariot of black smoke appears in the living room of my grandmother’s house. The chariot had no wheels and appeared to be pulled by two ravens the size of horses. One by one Oliver, Oscar, Rashve, and I climb into the chariot and so starts the biggest adventure of my life.



© 2018 Ray Evans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on March 27, 2018
Last Updated on March 27, 2018


Author

Ray Evans
Ray Evans

tulsa, OK



About
I am a young writer with the hope to expand my fan-base and in the future get some of my works published. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ray Evans