The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by ReaperProductions
"

The start of my fantasy book. These two chapters introduce the tale from the very beginning. The lord of light creates his final project and entry to the book of life with the help of his friend...

"

Stopping at the edge of space a man of imaginable proportions began to ponder. He gazed into the empty abyssal cosmos that lied in front of him and painted a picture of beauty and grace within his head. The empty space was his soon to be canvas for his creations. Smiling he gracefully lifted his bronze skinned arm and pointed into the void "This is to be the last chapter in the book of life." Slowly closing his eyes as if peace flowed throughout his being he waited for his brother, friend, and comrade; the one named Alexandross.
                Passing the last star in the far corner of space Alexandross flapped his wings that were feathered like wings of an eagle. Each pearly white feather fluttered from each forceful thrust. The enormous star was small of that to Alexandross and its orange light hardly emitted enough to show all of his glory. Setting his sights on the bright white lights that illuminated from his lord and master in the distance; he followed. As he flew through the many miles of space his lords image began to sharpen and became clear.
                Long elegant white hair flowed down the mans back in waves and layers while two ends fell over his shoulders like that of a waterfall. His golden toga loosely wrapped his body reflecting the light around causing it to shine like that of a thousand burning suns. Weaving around his shoulder the toga expanded and puffed up on his shoulders leaving his arms and hands bare. Dark soil stained his palms, fingers and nails creating darkened skin causing Alexandross to remember the worlds they forged together just a short time ago until he arrived at his masters side.
                The man lifted his arms as if he was going to give the dark space an embracing hug. Opening his palms he boomed with a voice so powerful it bounced throughout space "Is thou not beautiful." Even with the power his tone, though deep, expressed love and kindness. The warmth within his heart and soul poured from within with every word.

Soothing to Alexandross he looked to his lords glistening silver eyes before replying in confusion "It's just a black void of nothing milord "How can that be beautiful?"
Still staring forward the man shook his head causing his large white beard to sway side to side against his chest "Ye needeth to look at thy big picture. Look thither." Pausing he pointed "That could be where thy sun lays." He smiled and moved hair that draped onto his face before pointing once more in the distance "And thither could be where thy planets orbit." Turning towards Alexandross his silver eyes glared into the essence of his being while waiting for a response.
                "So then it is safe to assume we are building another world and not resting correct?" Alexandross replied with a sigh. Exhaustion caused his body to seem almost limp. Wearing silver colored armor from his neck down to his sandal covered feet wore him down from the long journey throughout space. Together they traveled from several different galaxies to reach this destination. The journey seemed never ended especially to Alexandross.
"We rested thy whole way here. And project Pyrithian is extremely important my dearest friend." The man gushed with a smile stretching from ear to ear exposing his pearl white teeth that seemed to faintly glow in the darkness of space.
 "That might of been a rest for you but that was definitely not for me." Alexandross cried before wiping off his bronze skinned forehead of sweat.
Taking a deep breath the man began "Either way this must be done. Watch carefully for ye will soon be taking my place as thy god of light should all go well. It of course all depends on ye actions." He paused and once more looked into Alexandross's eyes of gold "That is why I have broughteth ye with me."
                In confusion Alexandross began questioning his lord with eyes squinted "Me and everyone else thought Michael would always get that honor. I mean he is your right hand angel. Besides you can't perish so how would I take your spot?" A single drop of sweat slid down his forehead and curved into his eye. He quickly wiped it away.
The lord of light closed his eyes still smiling in peaceful bliss "I cannot give thee thy answer ye seek just yet. All ye need to know is that project Pyrithian must get finished and soon before thy dark one can get his hands on it. That way its goals can be finished in a bright light of glory."

Alexandross shook his head and lightly queried while making strange gestures with his hands forming many shapes and signs "You know sometimes I wonder. Why don't you summon the box? You have the powers to do it with ease."
 "Because ye needeth thy training. Ye shall become much more powerful by summoning thy box." The lord of light smiled and gazed as a swirl of star like lights appeared from no where.
Spinning rapidly the lights began to merge as one. The illuminating light sprung forth a large brown treasure chest styled box with metallic gold latches. Brown solid oak like wood had a thin gloss protecting its surface. "Now what?" Alexandross shouted as an explosion sounded throughout space.
                The lord of light reached for the box and with a click the latches freed the box exposing the matter held within. A portal to his creation palace. Minerals, gases, and liquid each filled a section within the chest. "We starteth by making a outline of our final creation." He reached inside and pulled a large clump of dirt from within the box. Small pieces broke free and scattered into space, vanishing within the darkness that enveloped them. "Follow me and see for yourself." He calmly ordered as he flew deeper into the dark past the edge of space.

                Sighing Alexandross made a stopping motion with both hands and without touching the box moved it with him following slightly behind. His wings flapped with power and elegance. Sweat dripped from his forehead and instantly crystallized upon separation from his smooth yet scarred bronze skin. Several lines of scar tissue ran up and across his arms from battles of his past. One on his right arm even rolled over his shoulder and down to his backside. "Well I have another question." He started with a raised brow "Why did you decide to name it Pyrithian?"

Grinning wide, exposing his pearl white teeth the lord of light replied "Does there need to be a reason for it?"

"Well no. I guess not." Alexandross paused for a deep breath in exhaustion before continuing "So there is no reason behind it?"
Still moving into the darkness where the only light being emitted was from him and the box the lord of light stopped only for a moment "There is always a reason."
"Care to share?" Alexandross asked without stopping, sweat pouring down his face and back.
"Of course. I just like the name my friend." The lord of light said with a laugh. He looked deep into the empty space and began to slow his speed "We are almost there."
 Alexandross expressed his weary "Good. Cause I am sweating quite profoundly."
                "So I have a question for you." The lord of light asked without any expression peaking through his misdemeanor "On our day of rest will ye be joining me for a feast?"
Alexandross paused for only a moment "Will Levonia (lev-on-i-ah) be there?"
The lord of light stopped and looked back "Yes. My dearest love will be there and so will the others."
"Then I must." Alexandross said with a glowing smile of happiness seeping through his exhaustion, his armor now glistening from the sweat.
"Good. It shall be a joy filled occasion. Well here we are." The lord of light flew a short distance "This is thy spot where we begin. It is perfection."
                Turning around Alexandross looked at the distant sun they past far into the abyss of space. Barren darkness filled the distance. From where he was the sun was as small as a grain of rice inside a never ending dark. Its light was minuscule in comparison. "So any changes to this solar system of are we just doing the regular thing?" He asked in a curiosity that seemed to grow more and more everyday.
"It will be different and brand new. It is the greatest idea so far and the end of my plans." The lord of light informed grabbing a dirt clump from the shining chest. He used both hands and crushed the dirt within his palm, compressing it together with his mighty strength. Gripping the ball with one hand he threw it out into space. Upon leaving the warmth of his flesh the dirt became frozen instantaneously. Billions of chunks Immediately broke apart and scattered around. The darkness seemed to envelop each piece as they flew farther and farther away. With a smile that showed only absolute bliss the lord of light reached within the box and pulled out a small ball of dirt. "This comet will be significant one day my friend. It shall save many...many lives." He declared with assurance as if he knew all that would take fold. He let go of the comet sending it to play in the shadows.
"How do you always seem to know everything? You claim to be all knowing but yet have missed the smallest things my lord." Alexandross questioned before taking a gasp of air filling his muscles with relaxation. With every resting breath his  muscles seemed to swell down.

 "I know the truth. I see thy hearts of men and angles alike. I sense who thy are and the corruption within and buildeth of off it. This is the one time where I completely know everything besides thee very end. Thee end game. My power is at its peak which allows such." The lord informed without a single processed thought.
"Then what am I going to say now?" Alexandross joked with a smirk taunting his lord.
The lord of light answered without hesitation "Some reason your heart remembered the battle with the fallen one we now call Satan. You were going to tell me you remembered the battle and fighting alongside me, my son, and Michael."
Alexandross's eyes opened wide as he thought to himself  "I've never seen him so sure, so strong.." Fear began to develop within for the future was unsure in the eyes of Alexandross.
"And now you are feeling fear." The lord of light paused for a moment without moving a muscle "And now you are pushing it deep down. Anyway I would still love to hear what you were going to say. Having an actual conversation is still pleasing. Besides destiny is ever changing. Every choice you make changes destiny. I just analyze and read ahead."

                Alexandross took a breath and thought to himself for a moment. Several minutes pasted before he regained his thought while the lord of light stood still and silent. "Well I remember the end of the battle." Alexandross began with his heart beating rapidly "Where the armies of the angels and the fallen warred on for several years. Stars fell from the skies and swords of fire lit the night. Trillions of screams echoed on the endless battlefield expressing agony like nothing I heard before..." He stopped for only a moment and shivered as he recalled the battle "At least not that I could remember. I was horrified that such a thing could take place. After all I was a new born angel. I was once a man.." He reached for his hair and began chewing on it; a habit since the beginning of his existence "I remember that I did something awful in my mortal life... The next thing I remember is being in the fray of an all out war."

The lord of light listened intently. His heart jumped as he heard Alexandross mention his sins "Angels are not suppose to remember their sins." He thought quickly before trying to renter the conversation as if nothing happened.
Continuing his tale Alexandross sat his wings to his side "If I recall correctly your son lead the battle on a white steed. He rode through the crowds slaying the fallen and redeeming the worthy. I looked up to him and gazed at his glory as he passed by. Then the leader of the fallen, the one we use to know as Lucifer fought him one on one. You, Michael and a legion of angels rushed on to defeat his captains and I followed with a sword made of pure fire. I wore bronze armor and had no recollection of where I got it but that did not matter. I know what I was suppose to do... It was magnificent." Alexandross looked down showing sadness, his eyes began to tear "Then you saw your son slay your best friend...Lucifer. I watched as his blade of pure light ran him down. It was like time had stood till in that very moment. And you began to tear up at the very sight. Satan had not changed as you wished. He fought your rule until the very end with no repentance for any actions he had taken."
"I remember that moment more then anything. His evil grin as his life force began to vanish." The lord of light stepped in "All I wanted was repentance for his actions and I would have gave him back his place byeth my side. But I saw him in ye. That is why I picked you."

"Wait you picked me?" Alexandross's nose flared as he questioned "What do you mean?"
The lord of light flew to Alexandross and placed his large hand on his shoulder "The angels said ye were not worthy. I told them it did not matter. I saw him in ye. In a good and bad way. Ye were born in sin and can easily choose a path. It is something I rarely get to see. That and ye are a wonderful soul."
"I could never be like him" Alexandross yelled in anger as he pulled the lords hand off of him.

The lord shook his head and stepped back "Of course not. Well shall we begin?"
"Yes but before we do may I ask one question?"
The lord of light looked down staring into Alexandross's eyes "Go ahead." his own eyes began to water, waiting for his response.

                "Do you ever get sick of doing the right thing?" Alexandross asked with his heart feeling pain and guilt for actions unknown to many others.
"Aye. I do." The lord of light replied "Well in a way."

Alexandross looked up into the heavens and began to bite the tips of his hair. Many of his hair had split ends from the habit he never broke. It was something he always did without thought "It's not that I will stop doing the right thing. It's just... just sometimes it gets hard."

"Believe me when I saw I know. I sought the planets earth destruction before its time because of pain. I watched them throw my love and gifts away by thee thousands. My son stopped me from many mistakes." The lord of light paused and smiled "This is when ye need friends. Companions. Loved ones in general. Love heals all wounds." He placed his hand on his friends shoulder once more showing his compassion and understanding. His watery eyes began to clear and happiness began to flow through again, forgetting the battle of the fallen angel.

Closing his eyes Alexandross realized that he was chewing his hair. He sighed and stopped the second the thought took hold "I really need to stop that." He chuckled and looked at his friends face "And thank you for helping me. I know that I must fight on. We all must. For the light. For life. And for you."

The lord of light nodded "Aye. We all must fight. Until the day we defeat thy lord of darkness and his minions. The only way to do so is if we finish project Pyrithian." Letting go of Alexandross shoulder he turned and faced his canvas "We all have our parts to play."

 "Yes we do." Alexandross reached his arms around the lord of light "I am overjoyed that you gave me this chance. I never knew that the other angels thought I was not worthy." His heart began to beat harder and his emotions became mixed. Joy and anger for feeling a sudden rejection by almost everyone he had ever met. These feeling were new to Alexandross and created confusion.

                "Smile. They do not know the end game friend."

Alexandross pulled away; his arms still holding the lord "That doesn't make it better. I still feel rejection. I feel as if they still believe I am not worthy."

"Some of them still feel that way. The days of Lucifer's fall caused much sorrow within the heavens. You can't expect them to get over it. He was a friend to trillions. He was a leader and had much strength. Fear keeps them from believing in you." The lord explained with complete truth for he never lied "You are different. Special. You have great opportunity ahead of you. They will see it someday." He turned back around and placed his hand on his comrades shoulders.

"I hope they do...But what if they are right?" Alexandross said as doubt began to set in. He heart began to beat even harder as self doubt devolved quickly.

"I know you will be fine. Your a kind soul." The lord of light expressed.

"And you are a good friend." Alexandross said as he pulled himself closer to his lord. They both embraced each other and shared the emotional moment. The lords illuminating white light began to shine brighter and swallowed more darkness within the area. Joyful bliss filled his soul. His hands engorged Alexandross's body for he was extremely large.

                "Before we begin I have to asketh you something." The lord of light pulled back and placed his hands on his Alexandross's shoulders "Do ye have anything you wish to tell me that ye have not?" He looked deeply into his friends eyes expecting to hear something. Some kind of long lost secret. Anything that he did not know and he knew almost everything throughout all time.

Gulping Alexandross closed his eyes and answered "No. I do not."

"Are ye sure my friend?" The lord of light asked tilting his head to the side. He hoped his foresight was wrong. He wanted his friend to tell him the one thing he had no sight on. The one blank spot in the timeline.

Alexandross looked up, staring into the lord face "Yes. I am sure."

Letting go of Alexandross the lord of light turn and faced the darkness around them "Ok then." He took a deep breath and listened to the silence around them. The only sound that he heard was that of his own heart. Pulse after pulse beat against his chest.

"Should we start?" Alexandross asked quietly, shrugging.

 "Yes let's begin." He looked into space and yelled with all his strength "Let there be light!"



© 2015 ReaperProductions


Author's Note

ReaperProductions
Any help of any sort is appreciated or just leave a nice comment etc. It's all self done.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good so far, I like it. However it could use some help in the aspect of Old(e) English if that is what your characters will be speaking in. It isn't quite proper in that way. but all in all, well written, you know how to paint a nice picture in the mind. though characters could use a bit more introduction. otherwise, I liked it. Keep writing and you will for sure get the hang of writing larger pieces like this. though, just remember, that you will never please EVERYBODY so stick to writing what you want to write and what you want people to see/read and you will do just fine.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ReaperProductions

8 Years Ago

Thanks. First writing in a year so. Yeah Only one character is old english. It's tuff for me at time.. read more


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Reviews

Good so far, I like it. However it could use some help in the aspect of Old(e) English if that is what your characters will be speaking in. It isn't quite proper in that way. but all in all, well written, you know how to paint a nice picture in the mind. though characters could use a bit more introduction. otherwise, I liked it. Keep writing and you will for sure get the hang of writing larger pieces like this. though, just remember, that you will never please EVERYBODY so stick to writing what you want to write and what you want people to see/read and you will do just fine.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ReaperProductions

8 Years Ago

Thanks. First writing in a year so. Yeah Only one character is old english. It's tuff for me at time.. read more
Check out lay/lie on any grammar site. 'Lied ' is the past tense of lie --to attempt to deceive. It has nothing to do with placement or position.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ReaperProductions

8 Years Ago

Nice catch! Hard to correct things yourself. You read what you would put not whats actually there at.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 26, 2015
Last Updated on June 26, 2015
Tags: Epic fantasy, Fantasy, Scifi, Sci-fi, Science fiction, Space, universe, Elements, God, Angels.