The Second Bloom (Aura)

The Second Bloom (Aura)

A Chapter by Rayin

 Second Bloom (Aura)

Time seemed to drag by and every second felt like a minute as we continued to look at each other both as curious as the other, I knew something was odd as soon as she had entered the room but it had only caught on now that this girl had no aura, unlike everyone else, it explained the feeling in my stomach that had initially made me jump to the conclusion that the space that the female took up was airless just a empty hole, a black spot on a clean white parchment, or a white chalk drawing but only her silhouette stood out, maybe it was the distance between her and I, that stopped me from feeling her aura, in fact at the time I probably put all my bets on that. In this day and age its nigh impossible to encounter anyone with some form of disfigured ability, and for those with such a ability, someone who he or she may not affect with that ability. But as we continued to look at each other something slowly crept up my spine, the non-physical touch made my arm hairs stand on end as if she was scanning inside me as I was to her. Suddenly the new un-introduced teacher stood between our gazes only for a second to stand aside her, and after that brief movement when our gazes should reconnect she had moved on and was now scanning the back rows with an amused smile on her face. 

“I would like to introduce a new student so if you would be so kind as to give me your attention for a few seconds….good” She said this with a icy threat as she pierced the few misbehaver’s eye balls with such a glare that could burn their brain to ash.
“My name is Ren, I come from China in search for something…that is very important to me
and I believe I will find it here in the UK, in fact I think what I’m searching for is right in this school”
I watched her as she declared this out loud, and sighed I could see she wouldn’t last long before being ground into the usual routine of avoiding trouble. But inside I had some respect for her
to be brave enough to declare that she not only comes from  a faraway place but she is after something and not just here to be ‘normal’ was a bold move . When I looked back at her though I soon realised our eyes were meeting again but this time instead of an innocent smile there was a smirk, a dark almost dirty smirk that only I seemed to take notice of.
“Ok Ren go take a seat where ever is free” I must have gawked when the teacher said this, her attitude had changed now as she spoke to Ren like a friend, my mind had kicked back into its negative gear and had broken through the mist that had shrouded me and so unkindly kept me from my thoughts about generation damnation.
“Sexist” I mumbled under my breath as I looked out the large window that grouped to the left of the wannabe theatre seating arrangement and as I sat at the far left seat on the third row I had a wonderful view. I forgot about my chin that still dug in my hand now causing deep groove marks indented into my pale skin.

I continued to stare out the window at the sun crested sky as the faint white clouds rolled across the beautiful sun creating faint shadows in the room, I didn’t stop staring even when the seat next to me scraped across the floor and then back as Ren sat next to me, and even though I couldn’t see her eyes I could feel her gaze burning into the back of my head it made me so uncomfortable, this lasted for a good few minutes before finally her gaze was distracted by her bag as she propped it on her legs before unzipping the red coloured waist bag, taking out a medium art book with silver wire spiralling the side. The book was back to front, to anyone else this might strike as completely bizarre but since the age of 13 I have read un flopped Manga* 
and if Ren was telling the truth and that she comes from China then this was nothing to be amazed over, It didn’t even require me to gaze for more than 5 seconds or that would have been the case if I hadn’t have noticed what was written on the first page.  It looked like my name in the most untidiest handwriting ever  along with my name the word ‘aura’ was written in a blue pen that shone with a small hint of glitter, this was written in the first page of the art book,  meant for a ‘if you find this book please send it to’ section. But instead names, ages and destinations with small descriptions filled the page in a really un-orderly fashion with lines drawn to each other like a match the pieces puzzle.

I felt yet another hand go up my back this time cold and it made me shiver, I turned to the sun but when I looked in the sky the clouds had covered the sky blocking out the heavenly warmth that I loved on my face so much. Instead I distracted myself by flipping a coin between my fingers of the spare hand that now hovered over the table, and watching the clock as the time filtered by I almost cried at the fact that form was only meant to be 15 minutes but I already felt like I had tackled half a day, I longed for home and the feeling of the welcoming fur of the cat, the slightly wet grass that would be ignored as I would stare into the sky through the branches of the cherry blossoms that had bloomed only days before.
I gritted my teeth against each other as I watched the second hand clunk against the two and clenched the coin tightly into my sticky palm and closed my eyes, I held my breath waiting, and I waited.

Just as I was prepared to give up holding in the bell chimed loud through the classroom and hallways.
I exhaled in relief and waited patiently as everyone rushed for the door all too eager to escape the room only to be doomed with more rooms to go to, there was no need to hurry or rush, and as the final few students charged the door I stood up and turned to leave my seat.
Ren had disappeared. Probably decided it was time to stop looking so individual and go with the crowd, leaving me alone to rebel I closed my eyes in disbelief at the fact that I just passed the opportunity to gain a friend once again. But why was my name in her book.
I left the open door classroom and out into the rush, I didn’t have to worry much anymore when it came to bullying I was in the final year of school which normally means the only people to hassle you are your own year. I made my way through the crowds of all aged children, from newcomers looking ecstatic but nervous, the key stage 3 students smiling happily at their reunion and that they were no longer the newbie’s. Then the higher years who just looked bored like this was nothing unusual and that they had seen it all before.



I felt happy slightly that I was still alive to make it to the final year, I was a veteran.
What shocked me was even though I didn’t really collect many friends, I was never the centre of bullying or torment, I never had a fight or a argument, they just left me to be me alone because no one could really relate to me, and that is one of the most crucial ways of making a friendship, relations, not family wise but feelings.
Anti-socials stuck with anti-socials, trend followers stuck with trend-followers, girls with girls and boys with boys, it was the way of the school, and sometimes It feels like the way of the world.

Where do I fit in you may ask yourself well I am the in between of all these groups I am the individual, if I was to be with any of the other groups it wouldn’t be for any reason but just to be there for the moment and the next time someone else will fill my place.
I’m the reject that isn’t rejected, just not accepted, the outcast that isn’t out casted out of anything.
It had never occurred to me much as to why I didn’t have many friends if any, because there are so many reasons as to why so and why not so. 
Is that I’m so annoying no one wants to be around me?
Or perhaps because I act weirdly because of my supernatural talent to feel peoples auras? Even that talent didn’t make much sense to me.
All I can remember was one day I woke up in a house with no other occupants; I was around the age of 13. I couldn’t remember anything that had happened before that time, yet I could still remember how to cook, read, speak just about everything someone needs to live, but the first few people I ever met from that moment on I had to run away from because they gave off the weirdest colours around there bodies and my head screamed at me yelling 
“Anger Anger Anger, Prejudice Prejudice Prejudice”. 

I stayed at home for weeks not daring to go outside, even a simple peek out the window scared me because passers by all had different colours coming off their body like a shell of protection.
That’s when the cat arrived, I was sitting in the back garden under the sun when it jumped over the fence and sat against me rubbing its head against my arm, without even looking at the creature a feeling of deep calm rose from my stomach upwards calming my senses. That was when the ability was at its extremes, eventually there was control but it took time, a lot of it.
I started working on a paper round for about a year which paid for living, though not an easy job (around 500papers on Thursday and Saturday for about £100 a month) until I finally made it to 15 years of age and moved to a uniformed college  Enrolling right into year 10 and started a more stable half-time job.

I contemplated my past as I walked through the open door of my physics class and straight into the coldest room I had ever felt, as I looked up nearly everyone had the lightest blue around them as they stared down at the front their eyes lying on one point with icy evils. The cause of this turned out to be a large pile of test papers that were about to be handed out, I groaned under my breath as I reached my seat and laid my chin over my now crossed arms that laid on the table as I watched absentmindedly for the teacher to come through the door and distribute the mock tests around the room. I knew why everyone felt horrid about having a test, who wants to work on their first day back at school?

But it was to be expected year 11 is a continuation of year 10 and the last test was postponed because of general class idiocy, even though the teacher is a dimwit and can’t control the amount of disrespectful fools that attend this lesson I feel sorry for him because he means well, this I have picked up from his lovely aura, this is a true dedication to a job and it’s a pickup point before I look around to the teenage stereotypes and thank the heavens I’m the only one here with this ability otherwise they would have to flee from the anger I present.
As I watch the clouds form and disappear in the window on the opposite side of the room of which I’m seated a light tap from a bony finger raps my shoulder, and as I turn around I already knew who it was, as the feeling of emptiness stabs my gut. 
It was her…



© 2009 Rayin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on November 11, 2009


Author

Rayin
Rayin

United Kingdom



About
I am not who I once was I can no longer see the world as a place of freedom. It is just a land of materialism and greed... more..

Writing
Some time now Some time now

A Poem by Rayin